Wiki Posts
Search

WTB: Brushed Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Post WTB: Brushed Motor

Hey guys, looking for a brushed motor for a TC. I had a 13T Speedgems 2 in it before, and when the brushes wore out, I took it to the LHS to have the comm cut. Only problem is the arm is cracked so they can't cut it. I don't have the want to invest in another brushless system to put in it, and already have a decent Speedo I paid a bit for, so I'd like to stay brushed for now. My speedo has a 10T limit, so I'm looking for any motor with a turn above that, and it must have ball bearings. I liked the speedgems that was in it, and have heard good things about the Team Orion SV2 Pro BB line of motors. Throw some ideas at me, looking to spend under $20 or so, though, depending on the motor.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

kavvika, yhpm.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Interested is these? 85.00 for all. they range from 10 turn on up. They all fit into a plastic motor case with sealable plastic tubes.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Brushed Motor-motors.jpg  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavvika
Hey guys, looking for a brushed motor for a TC. I had a 13T Speedgems 2 in it before, and when the brushes wore out, I took it to the LHS to have the comm cut. Only problem is the arm is cracked so they can't cut it. I don't have the want to invest in another brushless system to put in it, and already have a decent Speedo I paid a bit for, so I'd like to stay brushed for now. My speedo has a 10T limit, so I'm looking for any motor with a turn above that, and it must have ball bearings. I liked the speedgems that was in it, and have heard good things about the Team Orion SV2 Pro BB line of motors. Throw some ideas at me, looking to spend under $20 or so, though, depending on the motor.
Hey dude
I got mod motor for you...I don't r/c much this year....you can have them for 5 buck EA.and paid the shipping cost.... do you want 10T 13T 19T stock motor??? just let me know.....PS I'll cut the com too....
Old 10-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I just recieved a 13T Speedgems Pro courtesy of a very generous member chris moore; thanks man! That motor will be going in my graphite 4-tec.

Only problem is I just recieved a complete roller Rustler XL-5 in a trade for practically free! I'd like to get it running, and the only thing it needs is...you guessed it, a motor! So now I'm in the market for a new motor, again. I need something at least a 15T or above. My budget is no more than $20, and the cheaper, the better. I'd be looking for a checkpoint money motor, an orion SV2 Pro BB, or a Trinity Speedgems.

Let's see what you got!

Also, if the price is right, I would consider a brushless VXL system, or other cheap brushless. If you can convince me, I can raise my budget to accomodate that.

Also in need of pinion gears ranging from 13T to 19T. I've heard great things about Team Losi pinions, and have tried and like Traxxas and Robinson Racing pinions

Last edited by kavvika; 10-29-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Weekend bump.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i got a kyosho mega motor, high tourgue, very good condition, pm me if you are interested
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have the Orion Method SV2 13x2 that was more than a stock Stampede could handle. Ran it less than ten times total with "junk" batteries. I moved from that grand idea straight to a XXX-T brushless and realized just HOW fast a brushless is. Tossed it all and went "house" in nitro. She's mint condition, available in my sale thread, pictured for the ad, barely run and all inside your budget. I can't comment on the whole "Pro BB" thing you're looking for cuz I literally know squat about electrics. If it's what you're looking for then she's yours.