Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 19 turn motor

i am looking for a 19 turn motor does anyone know the best one to buy
Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Checkpoint Money motor, spec 19T. one of the best 19t motors out there. I have two for sale as im going brushless. $35 each or we could work out a deal. LMK
Brett
Old 08-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Reedy Quad Mag 19T motor. One of the best out there.

I am selling one that has a brand new armature and brushes, and I have 8 pair of NIB brushes for it as well. Looking for $20 shipped for the motor.

If you need a lathe, ESC, brushes or anything else let me know. Lots of stuff for sale and can make you a nice package deal.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I second the Reedy Quad motor, For the money I dont think you can beat it. Price above is a great deal. If you dont have one you should buy his and try it. Everyone have a safe weekend... Patrick
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

cain, how much would you charge for the lathe? i have a reedy rage type-r i think that is what the guy said it was and i need to get the comm cut. i have been getting one of the guys at my local track to help me with it. do you have any new armatures and if so how much would you charge for the lathe and an armature.
thanks
ijump
Old 08-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Legend

I got the lathe listed for $60 shipped.

I am willing to do the following:

Integy Lathe (includes lathe motor, extra bit)
27 turn Integy stock motor
Reedy Quad Mag 19T motor ( missing one solder tab, but armature is brand new as well as brushes)
6 - 8 pairs (I beleive I have 8 pairs) NIB 4504 Trinity brushes (same compound as 4499
Trinity spring thing (this lets you set your motor springs correctly)

I will sell all of that for $85 shipped.

if that sounds good to you, email me a paypal payment to [email protected]
Old 08-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey cain, you still have that quad mag motor???? if you do i should be in fargo next weekend maybe we could arrange a spot where i can get it from you?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Yes I do! I have someone local interested first however. If he doesn't take it I'll let you know!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

19T Kwik motor is the best motor out there. They do all the DYNO testing themselves. They hand build the motor and do the windings compared to a machine that makes most of these other motors. Check em out. KWIK.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trebor
19T Kwik motor is the best motor out there. They do all the DYNO testing themselves. They hand build the motor and do the windings compared to a machine that makes most of these other motors. Check em out. KWIK.
In which case you're describing a 19T MOD motor, not a 19T spec motor which MUST be machine-wound. The original poster didn't specify, but the VAST majority of people needing 19T motors (unless you're running oval or outlaw) need a spec motor. Also pays to look the motors up. Last time I looked the only truly ROAR-approved 19T's were the Trinity Chameleon and the KD. Someone told me the Checkpoint has been submitted but I don't know. Scotty Ernst's races accept the Checkpoint and Quad Mags as equivalents as do most race programs I'm familiar with (including our own).

If you want fast, what wins races, you want a Komodo Dragon. Checkpoint Money also good, but non-standard brushes, etc.

Reedy Quad-Mags are a good practice motor or for bashing. Or if you're a newer racer...power should be the LEAST of any new racer's worries. 'Bout the same as a Chameleon II power-wise in my experience.