Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WTB .12 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:02 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

I have to run a .12 to stay legal for all tracks. I will probably take the .12 Get with me next week.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, the Peak is easy - that's on my workbench (with all my engines) and I could have my wife send that off to ya. The other deal I'm working with the Ofna buggy, is a little more complicated, because there's 3 parts in my toolbox I need to put in the box, and my wife, I don't allow anywhere NEAR my tools.

So if ya want the peak quick, lemme knoe. My kids know what the box looks like, and it's on the workbench. That's an easy deal.

Do they allow modified engines in ROAR/IFMAR racing? I thought they had to be stock? Or is the limit simply the number of ports, carb size, and displacement?

Tony
Old 02-15-2006, 10:05 PM

I want the engine. What did you say? $110.00 shipped? As far as I know, the ROAR rules do not prohibit mods. Just ports (3) and carb size. LMK
Old 02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

<Ahem!> $120 shipped. Was asking $135, knocked the 15 off for the deal you gave me. Still fair. These go $75 or so on eBay, and you know anyones mods is at least $80, which is what I paid.

BUT do *NOT* send me the dough until I confirm that my wife knows where it is. I will let you know tomorrow, after I speak with her. She can take it to the pakmail up the street, and he can Priority Mail it to you.

And you had asked before, yes it is brand-spanking new, only modified, and put back away. I was saving it for my kids Super Nitro RS4, but he decided he wants a truck. Sold the Super to SpeedyBill, and trading the buggy for a savage with Mattxxx-nt

You saw the pics, right? I believe in my Scumacher Nitro Fusion thread, or the Ofna Ultra LX Comp thread.

You know, if you DO buy this from me, I'm gonna feel pretty dumb that I missed your pipe+$ swap, because that would mean we gave gaypal money for fees fer nuthin' !!!

Tony
Old 02-15-2006, 10:14 PM

LMK when to send the money.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Heh...to show you these things are all identical, I found something kinda' funny. Feb 2006 Xtreme RC Cars, page 24 (Inside Line section) they announce the new Team Orion CRF/REV .12 engine....and the picture is of a...TADA! Peak Diablo .12 REV/CRF !!! I thought it was funny as hell!

Orion's been running big ads in the rags, and in the March 2006 RC Driver, page 113 is a full page ad for....guess what....Peak Diablo Rev/CRF .12 !

They even are both advertising the same new 4800Mah LiPo they "designed and engineered with Kokam".

Either Peak/Orion are owned by the same company, or, what's more likely, is just OEMing the same things. Probably a Toki engine again, meaning Fantom may have one out soon as well, and probably one sold under the Team Infinity label as well.

I;ve bought a few here and there (and will get one for the savage I'm getting" because that means I can basically get parts from 3-4 different places, for the same basic engine.

Right now, I'm having an impossible time getting parts for a Picco RC Speed .15, and for another picco as well.

the biggest problem, is the major companies swithc the engines they import every few years, and it drives us insane. Picco-Trinity engines, you can;t get parts for, and now Ofna imports the piccos. What happens in 2 years when Picco is imported by someone else?

Screwed again.

Just my $.02, that I've noticed the past year. That's why I ended up buying the Peak engines from Stormer, and picked up a Fantom .15 (for my Nitro Evader ST0 on eBay a couple weeks ago.

I'll let you know when I speak to her tomorrow.
If she can't find it, then we'll wait until I get back, but it's on my workbench for sure.

Tony
Old 02-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Pack -

We'll do it when I get back. My wife's giving me grief over sending it, and it wouldn't be fair for me to sit on your money for 5 days, if she said yes, and then wouldn't do it. I ain't about to screw up my rep here before I even get it started!

She gets pissed when i go on these trips, cuz she knows I'm livin' large!

Even though I'm working, I sail as a passenger, and enjoy all the benefits

Did I mention it's in the 90's outside in Manzanillo, Mexico

Oh, hey! Did you see the HPI Baja Mexico trip article in the March RC Car Action? I'm actually gonna be there in a couple days, and that;s actually a shore excursion on the ship!

Thinking about doing it, but it would be a couple hundred bucks I couldn;t spend on my RC's...decisions, decisions...

I'll at least get pics, if anyone's interested. The pics in the rag were kinda' lame, of the baja course they have...

Oh, I forgot to mention, it's in the 90's outside!!!!

Tony
Old 02-16-2006, 01:57 PM

Starting snowing at midnight. It is now 4:00 pm and it is suppose to snow for another 10 to 12 hours. Did I mention the 30 - 35 MPH winds also? I got your cruise
Old 02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

yo pack fan, do u still want that .12 thunder tiger for cheep?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:10 PM

I bought 3 engines in the last 2 days and have deals going on 2 others. I am good. Thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

hehehe I'm lovin' it, as the Mickey Dees commercials say...

I feel for ya...I lived in Casper, WY for about 4 years. Talk about brutal.
I was there in that super nasty winter of I think '81. Damn.
I remember -44, 4ft of snow, 50+mph winds...nasty. WInd CHill was like -80 or some such ridiculous number.

At least you got a snowblower. My snowblower was me and my shovel.
I don't miss those days at all. Nowadays, if it hits the 60's, I grab a blanket.

Tony
Old 02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I gotta fantom fr.12 '03, non-pull, 1.25 hp monster,rear exaust... LMK Less than a gallon, want 70 plus shipping.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Packfan
I bought 3 engines in the last 2 days and have deals going on 2 others. I am good. Thanks

Please see this post. Thanks to all who replied. Now I have to go warm up. Sharkonwheels - SHUT UP!!!