Community
Wiki Posts
Search

POST PHOTOS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Look people...it's not just about protecting people from potentially being scammed. It's simply SAD and LAZY to NOT post pictures in your "for sale" thread. It simply should be mandatory to sell items here.

It seems that when anyone comes up with a good idea that the majority feel is great, you always end up with the detractors who whine and complain about it not being necessary or too hard.

Pictures being required is not a bad thing.

Lazy people just throwing up the following is just stupid:

"For sale: XRAY FK06...good shape...lotza parts pm me."

So in the end...I'm going to take the matter up with the management and see if he agrees. As no-one ever got anywhere by just accepting the status quo...

Soviet out...
Old 01-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

I agree with the pics. Buy why do they have to be posted. I have pics of everything i'm going to sell but i can't figure out how to shrink them or whatever to get them to post. There's always an error message. I just simply choose to e-mail them.

After all, it's your choice on whether or not to purchase an item with out seeing a photo. if YOU don't like not seeing a photo first.....simply ask for the photo. If they can't send u one. THen move on to another seller.

nuff said,

P.S. Kill this thread......
Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Most if not all digital cameras allow you to change the picture size, so it can fit on websites like this one. I think if you are trying to sell an item, you need to post a picture, it helps the buyer and seller. If I see something I like and theres no picture I wont buy it. Most people on RC/tech are big fans of this hobby, and if your playing with high dollar rc equipment, you can afford a digital camera, hell my camcorder takes pictures that I can download on this sight.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

a reason to post pics instead of email is that anyone can see them, say a scammer uses someone else's pics, then possibly that person might see the pics and warn everyone.. if its through email only a handful of people might see the pics..
Old 01-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

how do you post pics here? i never did it before....
Old 01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Actually, anyone that is not a verified Paypal user with more then 30 transactions should not be allowed to take part in RCTech
Old 01-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onnetz
a reason to post pics instead of email is that anyone can see them, say a scammers uses someone else's pics, then possibly that person might see the pics and warn everyone.. if its through email only a handful of people might see the pics..
That's my thought scammer are little more reluctant to try and pull that stuff in the publics eye.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Actually, anyone that is not a verified Paypal user with more then 30 transactions should not be allowed to take part in RCTech
I have a $650,000 house that is under $20,000 from being paid for with a credit rating im sure is better then most and I have not used paypal more then 30 times. Paypal is not proof of someone being scum or not.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
I have a $650,000 house that is under $20,000 from being paid for with a credit rating im sure is better then most and I have not used paypal more then 30 times. Paypal is not proof of someone being scum or not.
Then again we all arent doctors either as title saids and make 150k plus/year like you do. yes I agree paypal is not proof someone is being scum I agree! Anyways yeah pics are good like this thread earlier on someone new person with 5 posts all of a sudden starts posting things for sale and everyone and anyone would be curious 5 posts and selling already no reputation on the board and claims, "im honest seller" yeah I can say the same thing with 5 posts too and still didnt post pics. then he gets his buddy on the board to voach for him so im like, "cool" man, but before he had only 5 posts and no one to voach for him both got extremely defenseful over nothing thats obviously a scam at work.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc pro
how do you post pics here? i never did it before....
Under the "submit button" there is an "Manage attachments" button...it's really that simple.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jocktheglide
Then again we all arent doctors either as title saids and make 150k plus/year like you do. yes I agree paypal is not proof someone is being scum I agree! Anyways yeah pics are good like this thread earlier on someone new person with 5 posts all of a sudden starts posting things for sale and everyone and anyone would be curious 5 posts and selling already no reputation on the board and claims, "im honest seller" yeah I can say the same thing with 5 posts too and still didnt post pics. then he gets his buddy on the board to voach for him so im like, "cool" man, but before he had only 5 posts and no one to voach for him both got extremely defenseful over nothing thats obviously a scam at work.
Not a Doc just a Chief Building Engineer, the name comes from years ago that I won't go into. And I agree we all hate those out there that do this stuff.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Pictures don't mean anything. I got ripped off here by a guy who had pictures. Pictures are more for the seller to show the quality of goods he has and make it more attractive to the buyer. It's just advertising basics. Best Buy isn't going to put out an ad comprising of a long list printed out from a database with no pictures. Right?

Having a good history with PayPal doesn't mean anything either. I read an article once about some guy who was selling expensive collectibles on eBay, built up a good feedback rating then all of a sudden started ripping people off. If a scam artist wants to rip someone off, they will.

We just have to protect ourselves. How do we do that? Use PayPal with a credit card. PayPal can't do anything to get your money back if it's been withdrawn from their PayPal account. Your credit card company, WILL return your money.

Making more rules and regulations won't stop anyone from committing fraud. The best thing against these scammers is to use common sense and your credit card.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

It's lazy to not post with pictures. No if's and's or buts.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

its not only lazy, its dumb lol. I buy/sell alot of RC stuff and I wont consider most things that dont have pics. I dont have time for downloading email pics...plus, it takes you alot longer to email pics than to post them. if you use photobucket.com they automatically resize your photo file size
Old 01-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Have the people who actually pay for bandwidth signed off on this? If not can you please stop bumping each and policing each and every post that doesnt have a photo? It is a waste of bandwidth and only clutters the for sale/trade forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.