Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Should ads require a picture. >

Should ads require a picture.

Should ads require a picture.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Want seller to post pics..STOP buying from those who don't. And obviously blame those who do.

People who are willing to text or email for pics are as much the problem as the sellers who don't post pics. Blame your fellow buyers, they're the ones who allow sellers to continue to function without posting pics!!!
One thing I'll NEVER understand Racer...why would ANYONE send a COMPLETE STRANGER their phone number for texting/pics....who knows who is on the other end! If you've got pics on your phone you can post them on TECH!.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'll even stick this to the top for awhile hotrod, but I don't see a change coming..
Thank you Sir.

Like the new sig by the way.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yep, selling, then post pics.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:20 AM
Tech Lord

I know I'm old school but. Never buy a big in a poke so why would a seller not want to post pics ? Why would a seller not want to make it easy for a buyer to see their product they are trying to sell ? So here's a analogy for you.

Would you put a for sale sign in your driveway without the car ?
Old 12-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I hate it when ads don't have pics. On the other hand I have had to post ads without pics because a lot of the time this forum won't let you post a pic. I have posted several things and then had it say upload failed (when posting from my iphone). But usually I can come to work the next day and get it to work on the computer. Maybe that is something that can be fixed?
Or, you can make an album on Google Drive and post the link.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 341 (100%+)

One thing per our discussion on the phone this morning HOTROD(tx for advice btw) is that photobucket seems to allow people to look at ALL your photo's. I am pretty savvy and can't understand why thru my laptop I can no longer upload directly except it has something to do with my pop up blocker which I have keep on because of ALL the links and pop up that now appear with this forum. I DO whole heartedly agree that text pics can be deceiving and are used by certain members in a negative way as we discussed this AM regarding the batteries I received today....So I am torn. If someone can tell me how to upload directly, I would go back to doing it....
Old 12-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
+100, this is the truth, they want to sell a vehicle but dont post pics, then they get mad when it doesnt sell, lol. Or they ask to email for pics or text... if you can email or text, then you can easily post a pic on rctech. Its not Rocket Science... And yes mostly the ones that dont post pics have the dirtiest most worn out cars, and i dont care if they say the keep it imaculate, i dont bother with such adds...

And if the rules state you have to post a price, why not state you have to post a pic???
That is not 100% accurate this forum does not allow for posting of pictures without using some third-party image hosting site which is b******* if you want to require pictures on a post then make it very simple for us to upload pictures. A lot of us are not very computer savvy and don't feel like taking the time to do it but I am meticulous with my RC products and I guarantee you might care and maintenance of my products probably far exceeds most of the people on here yet I have things up for sale that do not have a picture, for instance, brand new in the box speed controls, you know what they look like when they're brand new in the box, you've bought them before.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttr_racer
That is not 100% accurate this forum does not allow for posting of pictures without using some third-party image hosting site which is b******* if you want to require pictures on a post then make it very simple for us to upload pictures. A lot of us are not very computer savvy and don't feel like taking the time to do it but I am meticulous with my RC products and I guarantee you might care and maintenance of my products probably far exceeds most of the people on here yet I have things up for sale that do not have a picture, for instance, brand new in the box speed controls, you know what they look like when they're brand new in the box, you've bought them before.
I use the "go advanced" option in the posting when I post and select the manage attachments - and I am not required to use a host, as long as my pictures fit in Pixel size and in data size I have no problem. And if I take a photo with my phone, I can easily edit it, in my phone (resize) until it will post up, no issues on my behalf...
Old 12-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by konasubs
One thing per our discussion on the phone this morning HOTROD(tx for advice btw) is that photobucket seems to allow people to look at ALL your photo's. I am pretty savvy and can't understand why thru my laptop I can no longer upload directly except it has something to do with my pop up blocker which I have keep on because of ALL the links and pop up that now appear with this forum. I DO whole heartedly agree that text pics can be deceiving and are used by certain members in a negative way as we discussed this AM regarding the batteries I received today....So I am torn. If someone can tell me how to upload directly, I would go back to doing it....
I strictly use photo bucket for uploading pictures I take for for sale ads. That way people cannot see my personal stuff if I was going to use it that way I would create a secondary account for one or the other

Ps you can easily pick and choose what photo buckets upload so you don't have to upload all of your pictures
Old 12-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 341 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I use the "go advanced" option in the posting when I post and select the manage attachments - and I am not required to use a host, as long as my pictures fit in Pixel size and in data size I have no problem. And if I take a photo with my phone, I can easily edit it, in my phone (resize) until it will post up, no issues on my behalf...
I know how to do everything you described but since I installed advanced pop up blocker options I try going advanced and it just says can't upload image....I will humbly continue to request folks just pm me....tx for everyone's input
Old 12-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Pics

Originally Posted by konasubs
I know how to do everything you described but since I installed advanced pop up blocker options I try going advanced and it just says can't upload image....I will humbly continue to request folks just pm me....tx for everyone's input
I like to see what it is. If there is no picture I pass on the item being sold. I don't want to converse back and forth just to see if I'm interested
Old 12-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

I do agree that this is not the easiest site to upload pictures compared to other forums. But I am one who doesn't want to host pictures somewhere else, its just more log in info to remember.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I loved the ad I saw this morning where the guy didn't post pics in the ad. It said that pics were up on "that auction site".

So they were able to post pics on eBay where they are required, but too lazy to post them on here. Lol

I think ALL for sale ads should have pics on here. But that's just me.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Every site I've joined before, local car sites, paintball forums, gun forums, you always have to have a picture. And this being such a giant hobby and most people don't know what everything is, it'd be nice to see a picture of the items. Pictures sell items hundreds of times faster and it makes it safer to deal with. IMO.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TRYMY4.0
Every site I've joined before, local car sites, paintball forums, gun forums, you always have to have a picture. And this being such a giant hobby and most people don't know what everything is, it'd be nice to see a picture of the items. Pictures sell items hundreds of times faster and it makes it safer to deal with. IMO.
x2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.