Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!! >

2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!

2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!

Old 11-23-2016, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default 2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!

WE HAVE ALL THE KIDS WE NEED GUYS!!

MY ONE AND ONLY PAYPAL FOR DONATIONS IS

If you send a donation via Paypal, Please put What your RCTECH name is in the comment section along with "DONATION" or I will not be able to tell your donation on the site or even what it is for

2014 Revisited for new donators in post #3

2015 Revisited for new donators in post #5

We are getting an early start for an ambitious goal of multiple kids! Please only donate what you feel you can or feel good about donating!

What to donate?

1. Kind Wishes of Merry Christmas
2. Money Via Paypal to buy trucks
3. Parts for Towerhobbies Cutback 4x4
4. Lipo's or Nimh's Even slightly puffed will be ok for low amp pulling trucks.
5. Any type of Lipo charger.
6. Any type of radio's
7. Tires for 12mm hex SCT trucks, New or used

Hey guys, This year I am looking for ATLEAST FOUR Children under the age of 12 to give an RC truck to. I would prefer to get a mix of boy's and girl's.

This year we will be giving away the Towerhobbies 4x4 Cutback, At $249.99 its the best brushless 4x4 deal available for kids to learn on, couple that with Towerhobbies offering lifetime replacement on all plastic parts if broken this makes it the perfect truck.

TO ENTER PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES.

1. Have your child write why they want an Rc truck and what they would do to take care of it. This will be used to determine who gets the two trucks so please make sure to do this part. **THIS MUST BE WRITTEN IN THE CHILDS WRITING, Parents may help but not write it for them**

2. Please take a photo of your child holding his or her letter (This is to confirm that a child is getting the truck and not someone who just wants a free truck.)

3. HAVE FUN, This is all about getting a younger generation to participate!

4. HAVE FUN

5. Please upload both photos to this thread or send them in a private message to myself.

6. Myself and another member (Hotrod87 if he agrees again) will decide between the letters we get who wins.

7. Dont be disappointed if your child is not picked. I am going to try to get enough donations for smaller prizes also along with more trucks!.

8. The prize is a RTR Towerhobbies Cutback 4x4 SCT.

**Below is the 2015 Pledge**

Hey guys, My name is Todd and I organized an event were me and about 25 other guys raised over $400 to buy two little girls a RTR sc10 2wd a thunder power ac6 lipo chargerin 2013, In 2014 we were able to raise almost $1500 for 7 kids! In 2015 we were able to raise almost $2000 for 10 children. Each kid has been a huge success for myself and this drive, Nothing makes us happier then seeing kids get involved in a hobby we all love!

How we picked what children to donate to was we had a contest were each kid under 12 had to write a letter to the forums about why they wanted the truck and why they believe they should have it. We picked two of the most worthy we felt at the time. The letter had to be written by the CHILD, and the child had to hold up the letter for a photo so we could eliminate people who jut wanted a free truck. This was to make a child's dream Christmas to come true AND to bring a younger crowd into RC because as you know kids are our future in this sport.

Some guys donated tires. Some lipos, a lot donated cash. We stressed we did not want people to feel they had to donate and to only donate what you could afford to.

This year along with the online drive I would like to take this local and we would like to raise $1000 to donate 4 more truck packages of everything listed above.

Again I really want to stress I'm not asking for people to donate just because it's the time of the year I really only want you guys to donate what you want to make a kids Christmas dream come true. I don't want people to feel obligated.

I personally will be donating $50 regardless if I get the donations to do it or not so at least one child will get a new truck and hopefully pass the good fortune on later in life when they can.

Here is a link to the thread on the forums were we raised our money last year. It contains tons of photos of them both opening there trucks along with the letters. And thank you notes from the kids and parents. We really made a difference last year and I would truly love to do it again this year.

Each and everyone of you guys on the lists below are amazing and I thank you form the bottom of my heart!

Donators Listed Below

Total Donations Received - $900 / $900

I just want to take a moment and say you guys amaze me so much and appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

1. David Wythe - $100

2. Konasubs - $10
3. Jason Kusnick - $15
4. Stephen Parks - $30
5. Tim Lamon- $20
6. Rebecca Dominy - $10
7. Chris Arnold - $10
8. Kimberly Williams - $50
9. Chris Browning - $10
10. Reid Asamura - $25
11. Phillip Hepp - $40
12. Jerome Palmer - $20
13. ToyZuki Fabrication - $50
14. David Peterson - $50
15. Gen Sapalicio - $25
16. Donovan Bremer - $20
17. Tim Lamond - $20
18. Jacob Nelson - $20
19. Dave Cates - $20
20. Casey Wright - $30
20. Kyung Kim - $25
21. Gabriel Fulks - $25

Children and Letters Selected Below

#1 Mackenzie Wilkins - (Rctech - Stoopideric)

Truck ordered!!

#2 Avery Williams Whitaker - (Rctech - rcaddiction)

#3 Madeline Villagomez-Gordon - (Rctech - thumper_pa)

Truck ordered!! Tracking # 1Z1Y697W3676298560 UPS

#4 Lily May Sykes - (Rctech - Stevensykes)

Truck ordered!! Tracking # 1Z7AT8790272514010 UPS

Last edited by Seether; 01-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Page Break
Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

2014 Thread Revisited

Link below to original 2014 Ad.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-giveaway.html

Below is the final message I gave to my donators who I respect so much for helping me make these kids dreams come true.

Well guys as 2014 comes to a close and we usher in 2015, we can all rest a little easier knowing that all of the guys that have contributed have helped the hobby grow. These 7 kids we donated to are so lucky to have racers all over the country and world willing to give whatever they could to get them into the world of RC Racing. There is no telling how much this will affect there lives and what they might bring to the hobby in the future, who knows we might have just given the next Mayfield his first truck.

I just wanted to take some time out and say thank you to all the guys who donated this year, whether it was money, items or time you guys are amazing and deserve a huge pat on the back.

The 2014 Kids Giveaway took on a mind of its own and grew from the humble 2 kids I expected to donate to into the 7 kids that you guys made it! Just to be a part of this will stay with me for the rest of my life and I hope it will with you guys also.

I want to give a special thanks to all my friends here on Rctech, All my friends over on AZ-Rc and my friends at RVA Hobbies of Richmond, Va. The only reason I am not naming individual names is because I would be here all night, all of you were amazing this year and I thank you from the very bottom of my heart!

I look forward to working with you guys again next year, and who knows maybe we get 10 kids and news coverage.....A guy can dream can't he?

Race on guys……Race on!

Todd Poston

Listed Below are all the Children’s opening Videos and photos of the one child who I do not have video for yet! All other information will be left below to read through for next year and for people to see what a great thing you guys did. Also, all parts given have been found new homes and I am trying to obtain photos.

Child 1 - Local - Chloe

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Child 2 - Dr Roof - Leigh Ann

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video

Child 3 - Dirtslinger13 - Chase

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video

Child 4 - Brennie68 - Oliver

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video

Child 5 - DRTMI - Quinton

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video

Child 6 - Brennie68 - Ethan

Opening Video

+ YouTube Video

Child 7 - Local - Kaleb

Opening Photos

Last edited by Seether; 11-23-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Page Break for post editing.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

2015 Thread Revisted

Link below to original 2015 Ad.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-selected.html

As 2015 comes to the year end, I want to take the time to thank each and every one of you for helping out this year with my Kid Drive. Every year this thing grows to the point that I think we will never make again but year after year you guys amaze me. Last year we managed to do 8 kids and I was so amazed at your generosity, but then this year I came into it a little down because I thought we would not come near last year but to my amazement and utter joy we BLEW BY THAT GOAL. Guys with your help we have managed to donate R/C Cars to 8 kids while also donating a ton of hot wheels cars and track to an admin here that needed our help. We also were able to help a little girl in Dahlonega, Georgia have her dream christmas by getting EVERYTHING and more on her Christmas list to santa. With your help we were also able to donate a full motor and esc motor combo to a child who needed one at my local track when his brushed Arrma died on the track. We were able to donate parts to local kids for Sc10 trucks because one member sent a TON of parts and blew me away. Thanks to you guys EVERY kid got a Lipo charger this year and a Lipo to go along with there vehicle, while photos are only of trucks rest assured the kids got them in the packages! I just want to say a final thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping out this year and I hope in 2016 we can get even bigger! Now lets get on to what you guys have been waiting for! PICTURES!!!

I just want to stop for a minute and say a HUGE thank you to Rsdrake77 and Konasubs because without you two a lot of these kids would not have gotten an rc truck. Thank you so much give them a huge hand guys.

Photo's and Video's of 2015

Kid #1 - Charlie - (Rctech-Denon)

Kid #2 - Bo - (Rctech-Kx450)

+ YouTube Video

Kid #3 - Adam - (Rctech-Ghenzz)

Kid #4 - Eathin - (Rctech-Shearpin)

+ YouTube Video

Kid #5 - Violet - (Rctech-Raw111)

+ YouTube Video

Kid #6 - Connor - (Rctech - Nocheese4u)

Kid #7 - Ella - (Rctech - Shearpin's Brother)

+ YouTube Video

Kid #8 & 9 - Dagonet + Quinton - (Rctech - DRTMI )

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Kid #10 - Blake - (Rctech - None )

Kid #11 - Drew - (Rctech - None )

Kid #12 - Mercy - (Rctech - None )

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Kid #13 - RJ - (Rctech - None )

Old 11-24-2016, 01:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Submit your kids guys!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I want to be the first to start it off.. i will send some $ to your p/pal fund and all so i have a charger and a few packs to send aswell.. this is so awesome.... Thanks for doing it.

Marc
Old 11-24-2016, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Awesome Hoopty I appreciate it so much, you are always one of the best donators bud!
Old 11-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

You know I'll helping also.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ty hot rod! We need to find some kids that's priority number 1!
Old 11-25-2016, 04:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Need kids guys!
Old 11-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 341 (100%+)

Yo T I know we have been texting and we are gonna do that buggy project for Thumpers daughter but I to am gonna pp some duckets as I know how lucky I am and want others to feel the joy of this awesome hobby.....
Old 11-26-2016, 05:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ty so much man, I appreciate this so much every year I hope we get atleast 2 kids this year. Between my stomach and starting late I need to get a move on haha!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)
Default My daughter (my rc buddy)

Here is a pic of my daughter and her letter she has really taken a big time interest in our beloved hobby. And Dave Konasubs has been one incredible guy at helping me achieve getting her involved so big thanks to him for everything he's done and doing. This is a really great thing you guys have been doing and is refreshing to see so many selfless individuals go above and beyond so thank you you guys are so awesome
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!-img_0647.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)

Originally Posted by thumper_pa
Here is a pic of my daughter and her letter she has really taken a big time interest in our beloved hobby. And Dave Konasubs has been one incredible guy at helping me achieve getting her involved so big thanks to him for everything he's done and doing. This is a really great thing you guys have been doing and is refreshing to see so many selfless individuals go above and beyond so thank you you guys are so awesome
Pic of letter also
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Child Christmas Truck Giveaway- KIDS FOUND!!-img_0646.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.