Search

Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX

SOLD SOLD SOLD !!!

Anybody who knows chargers know these are among the best...the Rolls Royce standard in chargers. This one has the latest version 4.10 firmware. 20-amp charging capability, 35-amp discharge capability to "wake" batteries up for your racing day.

Printed out copy of the revised manual is included, as is the original box.

Excellent condition...even has a nifty rainbow lighted fan for added "wow" factor.

$200/shipped in the lower 48.

I also have a 25-amp power supply that I would sell with the GFX. This one is identical to the CE-branded power supply that is sold for these but is actually branded Radio Shack. Add $20 and I'll send the PS with the charger.

PayPal is [email protected] Will ship first business day following receipt of cleared payment.

Thanks,

Scott
Attached Thumbnails Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX-gfx-startup-screen.jpg   Competition Electronics Turbo 35 GFX-gfx-lighted-fan.jpg  

Last edited by Scottrik; 11-29-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Anybody who knows chargers know these are among the best...the Rolls Royce standard in chargers. This one has the latest version 4.10 firmware. 25-amp charging capability, 30-amp discharge capability to "wake" batteries up for your racing day.

Printed out copy of the revised manual is included, as is the original box.

Excellent condition...even has a nifty rainbow lighted fan for added "wow" factor.

$200/shipped in the lower 48.

I also have a 25-amp power supply that I would sell with the GFX. This one is identical to the CE-branded power supply that is sold for these but is actually branded Radio Shack. Add $20 and I'll send the PS with the charger.

PayPal is [email protected] Will ship first business day following receipt of cleared payment.

Thanks,

Scott
Just a heads-up...Numbers should read, 20A charge and 35A discharge. Shows the 20A on the main screen.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Andy...senior moment indeed. I switched my five and zero. All fixed up now, thanks much for the reminder.

Scott
Old 11-22-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Thanks Andy...senior moment indeed.

Scott
We all get'em once in a while! lol
Old 11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default WOW

You must have bought a Icharger 4010...To keep up with the times and to put your batteries into nuclear melt down mode!!! I know a few guys like you!!! your power supplies probably dimm the magic city when your reactors turn on for meltdown mode...lol
Old 11-23-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Thankfully we can count on power backup from the Electric City (Great Falls) when we all get 'em spooled up to "kill". The 4010 is SO overkill for melting car batteries, but it is JUST the ticket for my 6-cell plane batteries and can do the car batteries as well. Unfortunately the GFX is only good to 3-cells which won't work on my bigger planes.

btw...charger still available.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anymore pictures of it? What does it use for a balance board?
Old 11-24-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

The GFX does not balance cells so another charger is needed for that. What the GFX does is prepare balanced packs for racing. On a race day I would discharge each of my packs from their storage charge at 30-35 amps which "wakes up" the electrolytes. Then charge at your chosen rate after each heat. The adjustable crossover means you can tailor your ending no-load voltage to match whatever the maximum allowed tech voltage is at whatever race you're at AND adjust to their voltmeter (hopefully a good one, but you can tailor your voltage to exactly what their max is).

After the mains I charge to storage charge on my Hitec X4 using the balance feature to make sure the cells are balanced.

Using this charger and a high quality volt meter (I use a Fluke) you can quickly see that chargers w/o adjustable crossover are leaving valuable voltage "on the table". I find the voltage on my packs coming off the Hitec "fully charged" to be at 4.17-4.19 volts per cell. They do this for safety I'm sure, but there is a measurable difference against the clock between this and a true 4.2 volts per cell (and that advantage lasts the full race time...you start at a higher voltage and that advantage is maintained throughout the discharge) and even more so if the race you're at is allowing 4.21-4.22.