Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!! >

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Like Tree15Likes

STOP POSTING IN YOUR THREAD JUST TO SAY "SOLD"!!

Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Let's start a thread and post the user names of all these low baller/cheap a**es. Lol
They're simply part of doing ANY kind of business. Ignore them, tell them off..I don't care

Originally Posted by imprsme
Or the guy with 2-3 total post that pm's you with and offer asking for PP info then you never hear from him again.
That's REALLY REALLY simple, and I've said it a hundred times!! When you send ANYONE your PP info tell them they have "X number of hours to pay or you're moving to the next buyer". IF they pay after that, YOU can decide to accept payment or not, without fear of retaliatory feedback. Contact ME directly on situations like that.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Whenever I send my PP addy, I always tell them "I'll mark it sold when payment is received". Meaning, until you send the money, it's still for sale.

And marking it sold meaning....in any way in the thread.

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 05-19-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
My guess, people simply don't care about anyone but themselves..? The fact that the "sold" post they, and the 30 other guys who made the same post that day, bumps active sellers threads down a page doesn't bother them. They sold their items, why should they care. The fact that when their thread gets bumped to the top people tend to look at it, only to find out and get pissed off that they viewed a thread for an item that was sold just because it was bumped..by the seller. Again, they don't care they sold their item.
Totally agree what you said, man.

Again... I always modify and delete all the contents in the OP and never bump it, cuz I never see it necessary.

Last edited by racer1812; 05-23-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yifuqiao
Totally agree what you said, man.
another reason I can see them doing this is they want to bump them thread as a act of revenge.
Low baller are everywhere, basically a bump with "sold" is saying "**** you, you sucker. I sold my item at asking price. You poor **** will never get what you want."

Again... I always modify and delete all the contents in the OP and never bump it, cuz I never see it necessary.
I'm not sure you're 100% correct but I thank you for your enthusiasm.

With that I'll say..let's keep our language PG rated.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Whenever I send my PP addy, I always tell them "I'll mark it sold when payment is received". Meaning, until you send the money, it's still for sale.
This is a bit off topic..way off topic actually. And I've posted on this same issue MANY MANY times in the past.... I don't work 9-5. I could honestly send you a PM asking for PP info just about anytime of day. If YOU work 9-5 and I ask for your info at 10am but you can't reply until you get done with work at 5pm, is it fair for you to expect me to be able to get your PM and send payment right away if my "normal" sleeping hours are from say 1pm-10pm?..Not really.

That's why I always tell a buyer they have 24 hours to send payment when I reply with my PP info. I'm not left wondering if/when that buyer will pay me. They don't pay within the 24 hours, I move on.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812
This is a bit off topic..way off topic actually. And I've posted on this same issue MANY MANY times in the past.... I don't work 9-5. I could honestly send you a PM asking for PP info just about anytime of day. If YOU work 9-5 and I ask for your info at 10am but you can't reply until you get done with work at 5pm, is it fair for you to expect me to be able to get your PM and send payment right away if my "normal" sleeping hours are from say 1pm-10pm?..Not really.

That's why I always tell a buyer they have 24 hours to send payment when I reply with my PP info. I'm not left wondering if/when that buyer will pay me. They don't pay within the 24 hours, I move on.
I understand what you are saying, and the time I give people to pay will have variables/flexibility to it.

But I also usually figure that....if they have the access and time to send me a message or post in my thread asking for PP info, and I respond quickly to them, then there should be no reason that it takes that many hours to get the payment to me.....if they were just on the puter! And if they have the time/access to ask for PP, then I think it's partly their responsibility to say, hey....I want this, but I can't get to PP to pay you until this certain time, please let me know if this is okay with you. And I'll normally wait for them.

If I'm not able to respond to them quickly with PP info, then I am much more flexible on how long I wait for the person to pay, or at least get back to me and say.....I can't get to PP right now, I'll pay you at X time when I get home or whatever. If that happens, I'll wait till that time, and usually not much longer, unless I hear from them again explaining why they need more time. And at that point, it's a gut feeling call for me.

However, if I respond quickly, and there are multiple people interested in something, I only send my PP to one person at a time, and let them know that.....there are other people in line for this, if I don't hear back from you soon (with payment or otherwise), I'm moving on to the next person within an hour or two.

Unless I know the person or have dealt with them before, I will almost never wait 24 hours anymore, especially if there are others waiting. Been stood up too many times! But, I have waited as long as five days for someone too. So I guess I just go with my gut feelings and try to give people the benefit of the doubt when I can. So far it's worked well, as I don't think I've ever ticked anyone off by moving on too quickly to the next person, and if anyone usually gets the short end of the 'pay ya later' deal, it's been me.

I think this usually works for me because I don't typically blow stuff out at rock-bottom prices...lol. I sell quality stuff, but the price usually reflects that, and I'm not usually in a hurry to sell it. And there are fewer people on here looking to spend the extra to buy the little nicer stuff, so I don't typically have a line of people waiting to buy something.

Bottom line? I try and treat people the way I would like to be treated. And I would never ask someone for their PP to buy something, and then make them wait 24 hours, without at least giving them the option of knowing and okaying that time-frame first.

Sheesh...that was a novel!
Old 05-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
I understand what you are saying, and the time I give people to pay will have variables/flexibility to it.

But I also usually figure that....if they have the access and time to send me a message or post in my thread asking for PP info, and I respond quickly to them, then there should be no reason that it takes that many hours to get the payment to me.....if they were just on the puter! And if they have the time/access to ask for PP, then I think it's partly their responsibility to say, hey....I want this, but I can't get to PP to pay you until this certain time, please let me know if this is okay with you. And I'll normally wait for them.

If I'm not able to respond to them quickly with PP info, then I am much more flexible on how long I wait for the person to pay, or at least get back to me and say.....I can't get to PP right now, I'll pay you at X time when I get home or whatever. If that happens, I'll wait till that time, and usually not much longer, unless I hear from them again explaining why they need more time. And at that point, it's a gut feeling call for me.

However, if I respond quickly, and there are multiple people interested in something, I only send my PP to one person at a time, and let them know that.....there are other people in line for this, if I don't hear back from you soon (with payment or otherwise), I'm moving on to the next person within an hour or two.

Unless I know the person or have dealt with them before, I will almost never wait 24 hours anymore, especially if there are others waiting. Been stood up too many times! But, I have waited as long as five days for someone too. So I guess I just go with my gut feelings and try to give people the benefit of the doubt when I can. So far it's worked well, as I don't think I've ever ticked anyone off by moving on too quickly to the next person, and if anyone usually gets the short end of the 'pay ya later' deal, it's been me.

I think this usually works for me because I don't typically blow stuff out at rock-bottom prices...lol. I sell quality stuff, but the price usually reflects that, and I'm not usually in a hurry to sell it. And there are fewer people on here looking to spend the extra to buy the little nicer stuff, so I don't typically have a line of people waiting to buy something.

Bottom line? I try and treat people the way I would like to be treated. And I would never ask someone for their PP to buy something, and then make them wait 24 hours, without at least giving them the option of knowing and okaying that time-frame first.

Sheesh...that was a novel!
Mic drop... lol
Old 05-19-2016, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I understand that a bump saying sold is useless, but It bothers me less than seeing the same active thread on the first page day after day for weeks. I feel if someone is looking for an item they will perform a search and find those items regardless of it not being bumped that day. If I have to go through 5 pages of threads that just say "bump" the few that say "sold" don't bother me.

I'm one of those guys that hasn posted a for sale ad in a long time. That's the exact reason I prefer to see the asking price. I've lost touch with the current RC scene. I have a radio I'm looking to sell now. If I search it and see 5 still for sale for $150 with two weeks of "bump" posts and 3 marked sold for $100 it gives me a reference. Not a definitive value. Just a reference. If I want to sell my now outdated radio I probably shouldn't expect to get $150 for it. What I think its worth is irrelevant. The market dictates value. I can use ebay as a reference, so it's no big thing really. I just thought most people researched things before buying or selling and I think seeing the asking price is a big help. Different strokes for different folks though.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lstmadness
I understand that a bump saying sold is useless, but It bothers me less than seeing the same active thread on the first page day after day for weeks. I feel if someone is looking for an item they will perform a search and find those items regardless of it not being bumped that day. If I have to go through 5 pages of threads that just say "bump" the few that say "sold" don't bother me.

I'm one of those guys that hasn posted a for sale ad in a long time. That's the exact reason I prefer to see the asking price. I've lost touch with the current RC scene. I have a radio I'm looking to sell now. If I search it and see 5 still for sale for $150 with two weeks of "bump" posts and 3 marked sold for $100 it gives me a reference. Not a definitive value. Just a reference. If I want to sell my now outdated radio I probably shouldn't expect to get $150 for it. What I think its worth is irrelevant. The market dictates value. I can use ebay as a reference, so it's no big thing really. I just thought most people researched things before buying or selling and I think seeing the asking price is a big help. Different strokes for different folks though.

I agree. I have seen several posts in my short time here that seem like people are trying to recoup 80%-95% of what they spent. IMO once the box has been popped and you have messed with it, 70%-75% is what you can expect. Pictures can only tell me so much. How do I know that the seller hasn't over tightened or stripped some screw and he doesn't even know it. Or maybe he does and just hopes the buyer doesn't break down the car before racing it.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I dont like

i dont like when i click on a thread it takes me to the bottom of the page and i have to scroll all the way to the top, at the beginning.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you click on the thread name it takes you to the first post.

If you click on the arrow, it will take you to the first post that was made after you logged off.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Whenever I post something up for sale I always do a search to look for prices on similar items. I don't want to be over-priced but I also don't want to give stuff away.

I also search and look at multiple items for sale before I buy. Past sale prices are relevant here as well.

I simply can't fathom why someone thinks this info is irrelevant. The market fluctuates.

I don't think it is as important to have as having sold shit marked sold however. Nothing more irritating than finding something for sale and trying to buy it and the seller ignores you because they didn't have enough concern to mark it sold and now they are tired of people asking if it is still for sale....
Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks
Originally Posted by Kraig
If you click on the thread name it takes you to the first post.

If you click on the arrow, it will take you to the first post that was made after you logged off.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:13 PM

Just wanted to throw this out there....

Based on the responses we (or at least I) sometimes get when having to delete someone's thread/listing for bump violations or whatever (a lot of responses not fit for younger readers ), it would seem that a lot of people on here gather their version of the For Sale section rules based off what they see others doing (and maybe getting away with for a time), rather than actually reading the forum rules for themselves.

So my plea is this....PLEASE just take the time to read the rules for yourselves. It only takes a minute or two, and can save you the frustration and time of having to relist your item(s), and having respond angrily to the generated PM that tells you it happened. It really is that simple.

Thanks, Brad
Old 05-30-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

There should be an option to filter out sold or pending sales similar to Realtor.com and alot of other sites

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.