Search

HPI SAVAGE (21 25 SS) w/ OFNA HYPER .21 ARR! NO RESERVE! [EBAY]

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default HPI SAVAGE (21 25 SS) w/ OFNA HYPER .21 ARR! NO RESERVE! [EBAY]

Savage includes:

* Ofna Hyper 21 4 port with mugen alumimum clutch shoes and 1.0 springs.
* Mugen racing air filter with brand new oiled foam and oiled prefiter
* Stock Rims and Tires
* RPM Widemaxx Blue chrome rims.
* tool package that came with kit
* Reciever hump pack
* extra dogbones
* Racers Edge Ritter tuned pipe

I bought this car from my LHS about a year ago... It came with the stock 21BB which was WAY too slow for me. But I didn't want to go crazy with a too powerfull of an engine and end up paying later in parts. so i chose a hyper 21 4 port because they are relaible and make better bottom end than the 8 port hyper. I also wanted a little more fuel economy, because I would be racing. Anyways, the car has been raced a couple of times, but HAS NOT been bashed. I took good care of my Savage, just like all of my other things.

2 things you need to know: 1. The stock rims are slipping on the hexes. I have tried gluing them, but itonly works for a short time. So I bought the BRAND NEW RPM widemaxx rims for them. 2. The brake disc at one point slipped on the plastic hub, so it has been glued and the problem is solved.

I just went over the entire car and rebuilt the diffs with silicone oil, 3000 wt. in the front and 1000 wt. in the rear. I also replaced every single bearing, except inside of the transmission, with blue rubber sealed bearings for maximum dirt protection. The gearboxes have also been sealed from dirt getting in between the skidplates and cases with rubber gasket silicone.

I will also include the reciever pack charger, but the charge light does not come on, and I dont have the time to test to see if it works, so i just use my other charger.

3 bodies are included. The stock one is okay. Then there are 2 others, a Ford f-350 and a Dodge Ram. I had my buddy paint them, and unfortuntely, the paint cracked. I have tried removing the paint on the Dodge, and it is working with nitro fuel, but it takes time...

The steering posts have been modded, as seen one pic, so that the plastic bushings have been replaced with bearings... makes it soooo smooth...

Also, the brake linkage has been modified with the common ofna brake linkage mod....

Oh, and the pipe on there is a Ritter tuned pipe for the savage...

Old 10-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

bump..

ends tonight!