Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
comm lathe, quantum 2, car ... more >

comm lathe, quantum 2, car ... more

comm lathe, quantum 2, car ... more

Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default comm lathe, quantum 2, car ... more

I'm getting out of touring car so I'm selling some misc. parts

I have a TC4 roller with the graphite upgrade set including chassis and arms and all. $100 + $15 for paypal and shipping

An LRP Quantum competition 2 speed control in perfect working condition $125

A Team Cobra comm lathe with diamond bit for $110

All these items are pretty new and used very little. I'll also have 5 3800 matched packs that have been run very little. All are 1.17+ at 35 amps and run about 5 runs each The will go for about $45 per pack shipped
Old 09-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

PM's all sent!!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am interested in the lathe can u post some pics and is the 110 incluing shipping or is that extra and will u ship to Australia.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

comm lathe includes shipping through post office.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

pm sent
Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

PM's all sent
Old 09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Be careful when dealing with this guy.... I bought this xray for my brother in law and it was in no where near the shape he advertised. Get pics of everything!! The two battery packs barely have heat shrink on them and wont take a charge. They look like they were soldered together with a match!!

All of the screws in the bulkheads are stripped and wont come out. Emailed him and he hasnt responded other than saying the car was as described.

Just a warning.

EA
Old 09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Be careful when dealing with this guy.... I bought this xray for my brother in law and it was in no where near the shape he advertised. Get pics of everything!! The two battery packs barely have heat shrink on them and wont take a charge. They look like they were soldered together with a match!!

All of the screws in the bulkheads are stripped and wont come out. Emailed him and he hasnt responded other than saying the car was as described.

Just a warning.

EA
Thanks for the heads up EA I was interested in the QC2 but will take my business to someone a little more reputable.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't know what EA's problem is. The car was exactly as described in the post. Ask for pics from him to see it. He got it as described and ran it during the weekend, told me he threw out the batteries (which weren't stated to be new like the car, but did work!!) Then complains the screw were stripped when they were new. Now to bash on another thread, c'mon be real!! If anyone wants pics of any of my stuff I'll be glad to send the pics to you!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you didn't respond to my PM's I would post this kind of feedback as well.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did respond to him!! He received the car as described and there was really nothing else to go into. He claimed (days after receiving it) that he wasn't happy with it and that he had to destroy the chassis to get screws out (which could be done with an extractor with no chassis damage) and that he just wanted to return it for his money. I responded telling him the car was described as it was and that was that. What would you do?

No offense but you do not have all the info on the transaction and you really should not take sides or state comments on either side.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Dan lets get your story straight. I got the car Friday...You were supposed to ship the car EXPRESS Mail on Wensday but you sent it Priority mail. It arrived Friday as I was leaving to drive to chicago to race. I tried to take the car apart and could not even get the bulkheads off the chassis because the screws were seized up!! the bearings in the left side hubs were locked up and were not blue seal bearings that are supposed to come with the car...So if it was only ran 2 race days why were the bearings already replaced in half the car? The belt was so tight you could play it like a banjo!! All the parts you listed were with the car. The motor and batteries where there too but like I said the batteries wont even take a charge...I chunked them when I came home.

The reason I didnt email you on friday is that the car was being handed to me as I left the house to go up north....I emailed you as soon as I got home Sunday night to let you know about the condition. I DID NOT RUN THIS CAR THIS WEEKEND EITHER....Please stop saying that because its not true and you have no clue. I can send you pics of the car right now so people can see it if you wish...It still has the bulkheads on it!!

From the looks of the car I can see why you are getting out of on road racing!!

I'll be in vegas but Ive already ordered the stuff for the car to fix it sense you didnt respond to my 2nd email and have done nothing on your end. I havent filed a complaint with paypal yet (ever heard of buyer protection?) because I was hoping you were going to make the deal right.

Balls in your court!!

EA
Old 09-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

O.K. maybe you didn't run it, but it really was run only twice. I could bring on my hobby shop owner and tons of people I race with to state that for sure. Yes 2 left rear bearings were replaced after hitting a wall coming onto the sweeper. I'm an engineer at a Bearing company, so I can assure you the ones that I put in were better than the ones that came out. The belts were not too tight (maybe for stock racing) but I run mod and the belts were in the kit position which is for mod racing. If you run stock you would want to loosen them up. As far as the screws, I did not overtighten them or even use loctite because I know that Xray uses soft stainless screws and not the normal steel screws that other companies do. I'm really sorry you are unhappy but you have to admit the car has no is in great condition. If your having problems with the screws that hold the bulks on, I'll send you a $30 screw extractor set so you can remove them, but there really is nothing wrong with the car or the way it drives.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wouldn't it be easier, if in fact the car is in as good a shape as you describe it to be, to refund the mans money and sell the car to someone else? It seems that would make both sides happy. Not sure about you but that seems to make the most sense and would appease all parties involved.

Besides, you say the screws were "new" or never had a problem with them but yet you offer to send the guy a screw extractor? What would he need that for?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Cobra Lathe

Bought an used Cobra Lathe from DJG24,shipping was super fast and item was exactly as promised, got a good price also! Great guy to deal with and his stuff are top notch!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.