Trade IMMACULATE sc10.2 for immaculate 22sct

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Trade IMMACULATE sc10.2 for immaculate 22sct

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Team Associated SC10.2 –
$250, or trade for an equally perfect losi 22sct. I just want to try something different. Its a hobby. You buy and sell. For me, its time to sell.
(roller only – no electronics)
I bought this truck about a year ago, when I decided to switch from my blitz ESE. Over the past year, this truck has seen absolutely nothing but indoor clay use at OCRC and SDRC in Huntington Beach Ca, and San Diego Ca, respectively. These are environmentally controlled tracks, so the chance of dust and/or rust getting into the drive components is non-existent.
I was born and raised in a motocross family (I used to race for a living for the OTD Cycle Sports, PWR radiator, Tokyo Mods, Honda lites team). I am an engineer by profession & schooling, and have been in the RC hobby for my entire life. That said, I know how to take care of, and maintain, a car that is nothing short of perfection. For example, here is a list of my maintenance regiment.
After every track day:
- Car in thoroughly wiped down with a microfiber cloth that was sprayed with simple green.
- Plexus plastic conditioner (the best stuff out there..ask Lars Lindstrom, Chad Reed’s mechanic) was then sprayed on a separate microfiber rag, and liberally wiped into the plastic. This was also done for whatever body I was using at the time.
- The shock spring cups were pulled off and cleaned. This was to prevent dirt build-up from happening, and forcing dirt into the shock seals during landings. The shock bottoms were pulled off and the shock seals were wiped clean with a q-tip. The shock springs were then wiped off with WD-40 to avoid rust.
- All bearings were checked to make sure no damage had happened.
- All critical bolts were checked to make sure nothing had come loose.
- Ball diff was checked to ensure it had not loosened up.
- Slipper pads were pulled out and checked to ensure no glazing had occurred.
- All metal parts were wiped with a thin layer of WD-40. This was to ensure that any water that was picked up a the track was not going to run the bolts, CVDs, etc.
After every 3 track days:
- All shocks were rebuilt. This includes using HPI shocks seals. They are exactly .25mm larger/tighter around the shaft than Associated’s. This creates a much better seal, and keeps oil from leaking out and causing changes in the shock characteristics as the day goes on. Additionally, the shock stand-offs were greased to avoid an unnecessary friction.
- All ball cups popped off, cleaned, and a touch of Honda-Lube dry lube put on the inside of the cup.
- All bearings pulled out of car and soaked in Marvel Mystery oil. This oil is a lubricating, penetrating oil that can turn the worst bearing in to a gem.
- Ball diff serviced. This also included regreasing all the gears in the diff.

- 1 set of clay Pro-line suburbs on pro line F-111 +3 rims. 90% tread
- 1 set Pro-line Calibers M3 – 99%. Bought and used once.
- 1 set of clay J-Concepts bar codes on Pro-Line F-111 +3 rims. 20% tread (this was done on purpose though. 20% is about the magic amount for perfect traction on clay)
2) Schelle front wheel bearings.
3) RPM white ballcups
4) Red front springs & white rear (set up perfectly for clay. I also has stock green front)
5) Receiver box
6) J-Concepts serrated, anodized blue wheel nuts (stupid things at $16 for (4) wheel nuts)
7) MIP Ball diff. Complete kit with everything included.
8) Nice, brand new, Pro-Line Flotek Silverado body.
8) Random parts lot. Please see pictures. There is arms, knuckles, hubs, hinge pins, etc.
9) Professionally tuned by Team AE driver. I forget the guys name, but he spent about an hour with me at OCRC and helped dial my truck. This includes the 4th hole mod on the rear, perfect shock valving, ballstud height (had to buy extra pack of spacers), etc, etc

Last edited by ridered4life250; 07-14-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

YGPM
Old 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sent 3 PM's
I'll take the truck, send me ur info plz!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sold to Paintphreak for asking price!