Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Tmaxx Emaxx Strobe Sprong and Adjuster Nut Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Tmaxx Emaxx Strobe Sprong and Adjuster Nut Replacements

These are not Strobe parts, but rather parts that I have made as replacements with permission from the original producer of the Strobe parts. There are noticeable differences between what I have made and the original Strobe parts. I have also asked Robin if it is ok for me to start a thread like this and offer these parts and he said it was fine with him.

These parts were done just like the powerstroke parts I did where I made prototypes manually, then had my friend write the program and run them on CNC equipment. The sprongs are all made manually by me.

My sprongs are made out of black Delrin. This is not the same material as the original blue Strobe sprongs, but these have been tested and perform the same as the originals. I have also changed the thickness of the sprong. The reason behind the change is that with the original sprong you couldn't install the sprong, adjuster nut, and the nylon locknut and still have the threads reach the nylon section of the locknut (or at least I never could). So I made the sprongs thinner to allow the locknut to be installed and to have the threads actually reach the nylon part of the nut. I have made sprongs for the original adjuster nut and then also sprongs for my adjuster nut. I can also make a sprong to any thickness you want.

The adjuster nut I have created has no knurled outer edge, but instead it has an 8mm hex nut milled into the back of the nut. The problem I saw with the original was that once it was installed and after it had been used a while it would become very hard to remove. People started putting pliers on the knurled area and would mess up the knurling. With my part you can simply put a Traxxas 8mm wrench on it and tighten or loosen it as needed.

Price on a sprong and adjuster nut is $30 shipped.
Price on just a sprong is $12.50 shipped.

I have actually made and sold about 30 of these already. Lately I have had about 5 people ask me if I have anymore for sale, so I figure I would create a thread to see if there was anyone else interested before I decide how many to run this time.

Blue Strobe sprong compared to my replacement intended to be used with the Strobe adjuster nut.

Srobe sprong and adjuster nut installed and the thread not reaching the nylon

My sprong installed with the Strobe adjuster nut and the thread getting into the nylon

My parts on the left, Strobe parts on the right

Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

BUMP