Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road $40?! or lower! >

KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road $40?! or lower!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road $40?! or lower!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road $40?! or lower!

SOLD as a bulk deal with my other listings. Thanks to the buyer and everyone who looked at my listing.

Up for sale is a very old and very used KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Calsonic Skyline (Nitro).

Backstory. I got this "free" from someone that I did some work for. He needed a little discount and said he had an old RC I could have. I'm a sucker for RC so I took it. The motor was completely gummed up, but after a full tear down and put together it freed up completely, no rust! So it must have been some oily fuel left in there a LONG time. Started up pretty easily and I drove it around for awhile. Now, I'm an electric guy, this is my first and only nitro, and if I could get it running it must have been in decent shape. It never ran well, but I can't tune at all (again, I'm electric only!). I oiled up the engine and tossed it into a box for future clean up / re-build of the whole thing. Well it never happened.

It is a little dirty/dusty/oily. And this reinforces my opinion on not wanting nitro...haha. Take this into consideration when buying!

Diffs work, not much slop in the drive train, steering is very loose, and has a terrible design IMO, but it's really old so I'll forgive it. There isn't a linkage between servo and bellcranks, just a pushrod (like in planes) so it flexes and induces slop in the steering. Modding a linkage in there would remove most of the slop!

The tires/wheels are bad. It's got some decent slick tires, but the rims are old and had rotten rubber on them. Tore off all I could and was going to clean them up to glue the slicks on, but never got to it. So there are little bits of rubber left on the rims. Dremel (or file) the rubber off the wheels and the slicks will be good to glue on (no foams though).

Electronics: Comes with the stock radio/receiver. Works and tested (what I used when dinking with it). Does not have a battery at all, but standard JST connector for a hump pack or 4 AA container. Servos are stock as well I would assume. They both worked when I drove it, but they are very old, so I'm sure they are slow and weak.

Comes with original manual for vehicle and motor!!!

Motor: standard GX-12. I think I put a new glow plug in it when I got it, but not sure. Might be very very old, so assume the plug is shot. Like I said, started up fine after a good cleaning!
Pull start is slipping!!!! I assume this has to do with the one way bearing? No idea, again, I like electric RCs. I just dealt with it by pulling it ALOT, haha. You can get it to catch if you work it right. New fuel tubing as the old stuff rotted off. Probably needs replacing by now anyway again.

The top fuel tubing nipple was broken when I got it! I used a small straw and shoe goo (or hot glue, not sure which now) to make it work since I didn't want to put any money into this without knowing if it ran at all.

The lower screws on the chassis are not counter sunk, so they stick out oddly. Just the way they were made back in the day I guess.

I'm probably looking to get $40 shipped for this car. LOWER 48 ONLY, Paypal ONLY I honestly have no idea how much this is worth, and all offers will be considered. Everything you see in the photos is included, nothing else nothing less!

Here is a youtube video showing that the servos work, and talking about the car in general. Most of what's said in the thread is said in the video, and vise versa.

http://youtu.be/TtgzMlA_CFw

Last edited by Brainanator; 02-18-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

some pics, more incoming
Attached Thumbnails KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0539.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0540.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0541.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0542.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0543.jpg  

Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

last of pics, if you want more of something specific post up and I'll have it here asap
Attached Thumbnails KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0544.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0545.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0546.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0547.jpg   KYOSHO Pure 10 GP Alpha 4WD Nitro On-Road ?! or lower!-cimg0548.jpg