Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromarine Mean Machine 29" Hull and Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Aeromarine Mean Machine 29" Hull and Hardware

This Hull has taught me a lot and is a heap of fun but it's time to pass it on, it's cost over $550au to build as is and will sell cheap. The hull has a few battle scares along with the tape/paint removal in the front corner but otherwise in good condition. I've ran this hull with a 1717 1580kv, a 4082 2200kv and a 1515 2200kv and have had a good experience with it. The strut needs the bushing replaced(included) and maybe either re-bend or replace the stuffing tube(included) to suit the raised strut(4-6mm above is good), at the moment I have caused a misalignment into the strut, easy fix if you have time.

The boat has 4" plywood rails with rear support for stuffing tube and up front under the deck has been filled with spray foam and sealed. Aluminium tubes carry the water from each of the underhull water pick ups, one to the motor and one to the esc. The motor mount could do with thinning, I'd remove one of the plates as it's not needed but it'll carry a big load. The hatch has been reinforced with carbon fiber cloth and has two front "pin" based locks while the rear has the one centeral on the strut, a new bushing for the strut will come with the boat along with a new 24" Octura teflon liner and 12" 9/32 K&S brass tube should you find it need replacing. The boat has a 3/16" Aeromarine strut, Speedmaster 21 rudder assembly and 4-40 push rod assembly with aluminium servo horn. The drive shaft consists of a hughey 3/16 flex shaft, 5mm thrust bearing, octura 5mm>3/16" coupler, octura large drive dog, a nylon lock nut followed by a brass bullet holding an octura x445 thats been balanced and sharpened by OSE. Enjoy as I did, just add electronics.
$350au shipped Australia wide*
*International buyers will need to discuss shipping

Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

$325au shipped in au
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default $25 off for ozzie buyers

$25 off for ozzie buyers
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM