Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
FS/FT: Traxxas 1/16 mini revo (merv) lots of extras! >

FS/FT: Traxxas 1/16 mini revo (merv) lots of extras!

FS/FT: Traxxas 1/16 mini revo (merv) lots of extras!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default FS/FT: Traxxas 1/16 mini revo (merv) lots of extras!

The esc or motor is screwed up somehow. Esc smokes when a battery gets plugged in. I have no idea how the esc got to start smoking. I ran 2 nimh packs in series for a bit, went inside, and gave the remote to my gf and when I came out she said it just stopped. Both battery packs were melted and then the esc started messing up. Other than that, it was a dang good truck for me. Traxxas said its under that replacement thing where u can get a cheap half price system. Lipos are a 2s n 3s and both brand new with a run each on them. 3 nimh packs, series connector, newish body, old body, full bag of parts (idk whats good or bad it came from the previous owner), 2.4 radio, heatsink on the motor, aluminum front shocks, wheel extendors, and i believe thats all. Its a nice little truck, but me and the gf want somethin bigger like a pede 4x4 or a newer emaxx and wanting to get a scaler too. Make an offer on it. The replacement system will be cheap like $100 or so i would bet. Txt, call my cell 217-343-8234 or pm me. I'll throw out a price of $270 just so no one throws a fit I didn't post a price.

THE $270 IS A HIGH PRICE ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF FOLLOWING THE RULES. Just make offers, and as for trades I'll consider... SCX10, Wraith, E-Maxx, Stampede 4x4, etc...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pm sent
Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Alright all pm's replied. When I said offers, I didn't mean stupid offers. These trucks rtr with lipos go well over $300. Not even counting the mods the trucks itself has, extra parts, another body, and charger. Again, the batteries alone were over $100. I'll throw a price down of $240 shipped for it. It's worth every bit of that. I'll take out the lipos and a nimh pack and knock $40 off for a price of $200 shipped.

EDIT: I just did a test on it. I unplugged the motor from the esc and plugged a battery in. The esc still smoked. So, it's only going to be $45 for a brand new esc from Traxxas. I'll highly doubt the motor is damaged.

Last edited by maxxnslash; 05-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe your "stupid" offers seem that way because you don't realize you're selling a roller! If the ESC is fried and the motor may be fried, its a roller and some batteries. If I were to make an offer on it, it would be around $140. Would you call that stupid?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

It's not a roller. Read the above post. The esc is done and it is ONLY going to cost $45 for a new one... Newbs in this damn hobby are cheap asses. The price is what I listed in the post above this one. Your offer isn't as stupid as another I had. Bump up your price up to $190 shipped and minus the lipos and I would take that. You would get a damn good merv with upgrades then for $230 or so, that's pretty damn good. Most guys ask $300-$400+ on theirs.

Originally Posted by ericschlaifer
Maybe your "stupid" offers seem that way because you don't realize you're selling a roller! If the ESC is fried and the motor may be fried, its a roller and some batteries. If I were to make an offer on it, it would be around $140. Would you call that stupid?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Please delete thread. Updating terms of sale and totally changing what's being sold. Thanks.