Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Castle Creations Mamba Max & 2700KV Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Default Castle Creations Mamba Max & 2700KV Motor

So I was going through my hobby room, and I came across this setup. I was going to put it in a Revo that my friend Derrek gave me, but I never converted the Revo from Nitro, and I ended up selling it. I figured someone on here could use this very powerful motor/esc combo.

I got this Mamba Max in a drift car that I took in on a trade. I went to a few drift meets, and one of the drift guys made me an offer on the roller, so I pulled the electronics, and away the car went. I run sensored stuff in all of my race vehicles so I just put this ESC in my spare electronics box. It sat there until today. When I was running the ESC in the drift car the on/off switch was beginning to fail (as Castle Creations switches are known to do), so I replaced it with a Novak switch that is much better. I hooked this ESC to a motor and receiver, and it works perfectly.

The motor is a ZD Racing B4465. It is 2700KV and has had maybe 15 minutes of time on it total. A few years ago I was sponsored by MRC/Academy, and they had just picked up the line of ZD Racing vehicles. There was a big electric 1/8th scale race locally, so I had them send me one of their RTR E1/8th scales, after being assured by another local MRC driver that the car was great right out of the box (LIE). So I got the car and tried to race the pile. The problem was they shipped the car with a 4s battery and a 2700KV motor. It had way too much power, and kept blowing the drivetrain to pieces. I still have the car in a box somewhere. The motor has a 6mm shaft, measures 64mm long, and 44mm in diameter. It is a big powerful motor that would do great in a monster truck on 4s-6s.

Now onto the fun part. I posted this combo up yesterday, $125 shipped PP. I was going to eat the cost of shipping so I asked for a payment in the form of a word that starts with G and ryhmes with "lift", but the almightys didn't like that and my thread got deleted. So now I am asking $130 (regular payment not a gift (there Mods, now when you search for the word "Gift" to find the doers of evil, my post will come up and you can see that i'm a good little sheep, and I follow your rules, presuming that you actually read my thread and don't just delete it for having the word gift, even though I am not asking for payment in that form)), and you will pay for shipping cost based on your zip code. If I get the PP fees, you cover shipping. So please don't offer me $130 shipped. If you don't want to deal with the rigmarole of me going to the post office with your zip code and the motor and ESC all boxed up, having them calculate shipping rates, then coming back here and telling you what it is going to cost, based on how fast you want the stuff, then shipping it. Please kick me an extra $5-7, and I will ship the stuff for as quickly as that money will allow. I am an honest guy, I just don't think PP should charge to use their service, so if they are going to charge, I am going to make sure I see $125 after tax, dealer, prep, undercoat, clear coat, and processing. I tried to pass the savings on to you, but everyone has to get their cut, therefore $130 + shipping. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Thanks for looking,
H8thatadmin

P.S. Hopefully this stays up for longer than a few hours this time, but if not I made sure to make a copy of this post in a word document, that way if it gets deleted, I am not out the time it took to write this again (thanks Mods)!
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba Max & 2700KV Motor-dscn1345.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Afternoon bump. I know somebody has a revo, savage, emaxx, or some other monster tuck that they are looking to convert to brushless.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow, all that for a 3% fee... Less than $4, you realize that, right? I mean, why bother with all the aggravation for $4??? I'll never understand it... And you got the damn thing for free!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default free

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
Wow, all that for a 3% fee... Less than $4, you realize that, right? I mean, why bother with all the aggravation for $4??? I'll never understand it... And you got the damn thing for free!
Ahh so true
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

so you had it "gifted" at 125 and you were going to eat costs of shipping now its 130+shipping? anywho, free bump to you. GLWS man. good price for a nice combo