Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
I have one more thing to add:

Buying and selling on here is something I learned through attrition. I had to learn what works and what doesn't. Not everyone is a sales person or has the depth of knowledge others do. Some ads are good, some ads are bad. Because you over look the ad for not having pictures may mean you miss the deal of a lifetime.

Instead of being negative about ads try to offer help on posting pictures and posting something positive instead of bashing someone that is trying to sell their items. Maybe even PM the person that maybe over priced and send a similar ad to them. I have many of times asked for pics and or offered to post them if they get emailed to me.

Its about being a community not about yourself.
I agree 100%, i commend you on helping others BUT, lets be frank with the lack of face to face contact over these forums 9 times out 10 the user will somehow find a way to feel offend by this gesture of kindness and will completely blow you off with some random comment like " I KNOW WHAT IM DOING ASS I DON'T NEED YOU FREAKING HELP"

People online for the most part are stupid VERY stupid, and added to the fact you can never tell is someone is genuine or being a smart ass. People automatically amusing the worst and well........you get responses like the one i used as and example.

again i commend you and 100% agree with your statement keep up the good work!! Me personally i don't have the patience to hold someones hand like that but then again, when pics are posted i don't bother to ever ask for pics i just move on to the next thread
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sarinexia LMAO... And your photo shows just how dirty you keep your cars. You shouldl be ashamed of yourself!

LOL

If you are going to put in your thread, "pm me with your email for pics and questions", be ready to answer them. I am ready to drop $300 on a slash and have been asking this one guy a pile of questions. He sends me one small ass photo and I have to keep asking over and over about what speed control and motor are in it and what parts come with it. If he really wanted to sell it he should be jumping at the chance to give me exact model and part numbers so I can see his asking price isn't out of line.

oh, and another one for me... You know you are selling the car. Take the 5 minutes and remove your damn electronics or servos if you don't want them to be included. The photos show a really nice setup that makes the asking price worthwhile. Then you put how everything in the photo will be removed. Why not just remove it and then take the pic?

Oh, and I'm sorry if this strokes a nerve with some... I don't care if your car made every main on the planet. Doesn't mean squat at my track because I will have to install everything electronic, it will be on my local track, and most importantly, I WILL BE DRIVING IT! LOL!!!

<edit>
One more... Don't call it a damn roller if wheels aren't included. Its NOT GOING TO ROLL ANYWHERE WITHOUT WHEELS OR TIRES!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeInCtown
Sarinexia LMAO... And your photo shows just how dirty you keep your cars. You shouldl be ashamed of yourself!

LOL

If you are going to put in your thread, "pm me with your email for pics and questions", be ready to answer them. I am ready to drop $300 on a slash and have been asking this one guy a pile of questions. He sends me one small ass photo and I have to keep asking over and over about what speed control and motor are in it and what parts come with it. If he really wanted to sell it he should be jumping at the chance to give me exact model and part numbers so I can see his asking price isn't out of line.

oh, and another one for me... You know you are selling the car. Take the 5 minutes and remove your damn electronics or servos if you don't want them to be included. The photos show a really nice setup that makes the asking price worthwhile. Then you put how everything in the photo will be removed. Why not just remove it and then take the pic?

Oh, and I'm sorry if this strokes a nerve with some... I don't care if your car made every main on the planet. Doesn't mean squat at my track because I will have to install everything electronic, it will be on my local track, and most importantly, I WILL BE DRIVING IT! LOL!!!

<edit>
One more... Don't call it a damn roller if wheels aren't included. Its NOT GOING TO ROLL ANYWHERE WITHOUT WHEELS OR TIRES!!!!
Epic post. Lol. That really grinds my gears (Peter griffin voice) when they show photos of a complete kit, then 12 sentences down you see those dreaded words. ROLLER. If its a roller show it as a roller. It's like those old people funerals when they only have a high school pic on the casket. Misleading.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
I just stumbled on another DO AND DON'T................going on this very second........

I HATE WITH A PASSION when people decide to sell off half or all of there collections and insist on having 15 threads another it.....There is plenty of room in the subject line to add a ton of info.....WHY WHY WHY do people do this......

For example........the FS section will turn into something like this

1)F/S HPI savage for sale clean.....
2)F/S Wheells from hpi savage
3)F/S Spare Misc parts from a savage
4)F/S A screw i found on my table i think it came from a savage
5)F/S The servo horn that was in the savage from the factory
6)F/S Futaba RX that was in my savage NO LONGER NEED
7)F/S Piece of tree i found in my truck while cleaning it........good deal here!!!

AND ITS ALL FROM THE SAME STUPID GUY!!!!!!!!!! DIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Ok that's a little far LOL but it does anger the hell out of me!!!

Ive seen tons of Getting out sales with great success a simple thread called....

Getting out, FS, Savage,Revo,T-maxx,Jato,E8ight,Mugen,InfernoGT,Plugs, Recivers,Futaba Radio ETC..................

LOOK HOW MUCH INFO I CAN PUT ON ONE TOPIC!!!!!
I am so with you on this one.
Sell it all in 1 thread.
I hate when someone has to up ALL of there ads at the same time.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

This thread describes how I feel absolutely perfectly haha

Things that bother me the most:
*not putting prices
I swear, it's a ploy to get their thread bumped up a bunch of times!
Post a few pics, post a description... no price
30 minutes later: post- "Price?"
another hour passes: post- "Price?"
and so on and so on.

*Asking for paypal fees
Don't even get me started.
Sometimes, if I'm buying something small (under $20), and the seller has been super nice and communicates well, I'll calculate out the fees and pay the extra $1.50 or whatever it would be to cover them just to be nice. Pay it forward, hopefully it'll get back to me someday!

*ALL CAPS
all caps, not neccesary... ever
(unless you are currently being stabbed)

*awesome things I can't afford
but that's my problem, noone elses
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeInCtown

LOL!
Haha.. I know, right? My crap is all jacked up. I don't even know why I bother keeping a bottle of simple green, a tooth brush, and a compressor with a nice clean rag handy.... Obviously my friggin efforts go wasted.

For all you quick ones out there.... /sarcasm
Old 02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I find it irritating when buyers send a pm stating "I'm interested in your xyz. What's your best price shipped?"

I posted the price in the add. If you want to negotiate a lower price, this is the worst way of going about it. I will either ignore your pm all together or not budge on the listed price.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)

*ALL CAPS
all caps, not neccesary... ever
(unless you are currently being stabbed)
That is sweet!!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I find it irritating when buyers send a pm stating "I'm interested in your xyz. What's your best price shipped?"

I posted the price in the add. If you want to negotiate a lower price, this is the worst way of going about it. I will either ignore your pm all together or not budge on the listed price.
Thats a good way to lose a sale. When people ask me that I either say "the price listed" or whatever the lowest amount I want to take at the time.

Some people might not want to waste time haggling and just want to know your bottom dollar price.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Default +1

+1
Originally Posted by Kylar
Thats a good way to lose a sale. When people ask me that I either say "the price listed" or whatever the lowest amount I want to take at the time.

Some people might not want to waste time haggling and just want to know your bottom dollar price.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i will stick this thread....keep it in the constructive, fun, informational thread it is.....
Old 02-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Default How to post pics with Photobucket

Here is how to post pics with photobucket for people that don't know how to.

Go to photo bucket and roll your mouse over the pic you want to upload. You will see a place it says:

Email and IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
& IMG Code

Here is pic to show what I mean.

Do's and Dont's of selling-screenshot2012-02-15at50622pm.png

Then click on the place right next to were it says Direct link. It will say copied.

Then go to the thread you want to post pics in and up top were you can choose the fonts and sizes etc you will see a little pic that looks like this.

Name:  ScreenShot2012-02-15at51046PM.png
Views: 167
Size:  470 Bytes

Click on that and then just right click and then hit paste and then ok. Then just do the same for the rest of the pics you need to post.

Do's and Dont's of selling-screenshot2012-02-15at51138pm.png
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Suspended

this thread really took off. sweet!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/2073380-post2.html
Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default ??? Not very nice!

[
People online for the most part are stupid VERY stupid,

The man who said this don't have his thinkin cap on. We may all be stupid, for the most part....
but WE didn't say that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.