Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 ST *RTR* Brushless, 2.4 *CHEAP*

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up 1/10 ST *RTR* Brushless, 2.4 *CHEAP*

OK guys. I did'nt say Evader EXT2 in th title. But while your here this truck has been great. Duratrax has really stepped up with this model. It has a complete set of ball bearings stock and a steel idler gear now. If you did'nt know this was the "mandatory" upgrade to run brushless or Mod motors in the previous models. With the slipper adjusted properly it handles brushless and lipo just fine. I ran it close to a year with no issues at all. But the outter diff housing did eventually strip from the other metal gears wearing and getting sharp. But other than that this truck has really suprised me. Ive been running brushless/2s lipo since day one(Nov. 2011) and only broke one rear plastic camber link ball end. And it was like 10-20 degrees outside and I sent it flying high. In the truck's defense any plastic part is prone to breakage in sub-freezing temps. Even RPM parts break easily in the snow an freezing temps. But honestly after months of high speed bashing I havent broke anything other than that. I cant say that about any other RC Ive owned. Not Even a $700 Revo BE or my Flux HP! Honestly. Ive read that DTX has improved there "Stress Tech plastic" in the newest models. And it Shows! But I simply have way to many RC's and this one's been around the longest. So..
But sorry for story time. But I had to tell ya guys that. Everyone says DTX is Junk! But there actually moving up the ladder a bit.
* In mid Dec. the metal diff and HD slipper assembly from the new Brushless Evader will be available. I called DTX tech support anf these are direct fits in the EXT2. The metal outter diff housing/gear will make the trans. all metal. The newer heavier slipper and spur will also fit the EXT2's shaft and plates.
OK..Now on to the truck!
*Upgrades*
~All Hex Hardware now! No phillips screws! 90%+ stainless steel screws
~RPM T4/B4 front bumper (fits perfectly)
~Hardened Steel CVD's
~AVID RC bearings in all four carriers
~Aluminum front hinge pin brace
~Hardened anodized aluminum shocks *These are the silver $60 ones. Not the $15 a pair colored alum. shocks
~TRX 2075 HT, Dig. steering servo (125oz/in@6v)
~Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC
~Castle Creations CM-36 5700kv 540 motor (newer 2 pole model with CASTLE on side of can)
*** Both ESC and motor have only been ran on 2s and geared correctly. Never overheated or exposed to water. Motor recently cleaned and bearings oiled. ESC is in excellent shape. Sticker is intact and wires are in good shape. I am the original owner***
~ I bought blue shock mounts and motor guard. But these parts are stickly for show.
~ Brand new ProLine Road Rages mounted on RPM Clawz 6 spoke rims. I just bought these. They have 99% tread on them with maybe 1/2 hr run time on them. I just payed $23 a pair for the tires and $9 a pair for the rims. So thats almost $70 on them alone.
I just completely rebuilt this truck. I cleaned and oiled all the bearings. It has new slipper pads. It also has a brand new Spur gear ,top, idler, and diff gears in the trans are all new! I used good Niftech micro bearing oil and some good $10 an ounce Niftech diff grease in the planetary gears. Running very clean and smooth with sharp new gears. I am picking up a new front bulkhead and rear chassie brace/trans mount today from the hobbyshop. The ones now are getting a little worn and creating a little wiggle in the a arms.
This truck is very fast on 2s, clean and suprisingly tuff. With the new steel diff and HD slipper installed you should really never have any problems. Even thou with a properly adjusted slipper you won't have any problems with whats in it now.
I will include a new in package spur gear, outter diff and slipper pads. I also have the stock black spoked wheels for off road. They are a little more used, but still have good tread. Im guessing 80%-90% tread life left on them.
Body is in good shape and has been treated with a thin layer of Shoe Goo in the right spots so it should last along time too. I have a few spares. Steering bell crank, carrier and maybe something else. Stuff thats been around from other Evaders Ive owned. But you can have whatever I can find for it.
I will include a FlySky 2.4 GT-2, 2.4Ghz 2ch TX(ofcourse in like new shape) with a brand new 3ch RX that has'nt been installed. I have the original manuals, bind plug and PC adaptor cord to play the RC Racing Simulator thats in the TX!
Only $125 Shipped !!
This is honestly as cheap as I'll prob. go. The CVDs cost me $20, the shocks $65 not counting all the other little stuff. And like I said, I just spent $100 on the ProLines and gears a few weeks ago and havent ran it really. And Im gonna spent another $10-$15 today on the rear mount and bulk head.
This would make a great starter truck and/or X Mas for yourself or the little ones to get started.
* No PayPal Payment will have to be made with a USPS money order or if you want it in the mail fast Western Union or Money Gram at Wal Mart. If you wanna wire it at Walmart Money Gram which would be good for me and you I'll split the fee. Its like $5 or $10. Postal money orders are available at any post office for $1.
These are the only pics I have now. My cameras broke. But I cant text you new ones if wanted. But its in good over all shape. But the wheels, elec. or body in the pic may no longer be whats on it now. Ive had it for almost a year so its seen changes. Its dusty n dirty in pics, but I assure you its a clean truck. It does'nt have the Badlands anymore in these pics and it has the EXT2 red/blue colered body.
http://