Wiki Posts
Search

4PK Dry Cell Holders

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 4PK Dry Cell Holders

I've made several of these for people over on RCCrawler and figured there might be some people here that might want one too.

I've been looking for a different option for the battery pack in my 4PK to reduce the weight and provide good run times since the factory NiMh pack isn't the best for either of these. These holders take 4 AA batteries and weigh 71g less than the factory pack with the AA's installed. It's a noticeable difference when holding the 4PK.

The holder fits perfect into the battery tray with no modifications needed. The biggest benefit besides the weight difference that I see is that you no longer have to worry about having your pack charged...just throw a few extra AA's in your toolbox and run "thumbsup" Keep your NiMh pack for a backup if nothing else!

Pricing is as follows:

$7 for the holder
$3.50 shipping via USPS with delivery confirmation

Size comparison

Installed

Its held in place really well...it doesnt fall out when holding the 4PK without the battery door

Weights

Old 01-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I know this thread is old, but do you still offer these? If so, I would like to purchase one.

Thanks- Steve G
Old 01-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To pile on, will this work with the 4pl, I know some packs made for the 4pk work for it so wondering if this is the same.