Wiki Posts
Search

Wowww!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Wowww!!!

Now I'm not squeaking clean here. I'm even guilty of this myself. I do enjoy selling thing and buying things from this post.

A few weeks back I received an Email about to many post for different items for sale, at first I thought it was rude and almost replied so. Since then I've been watching and have found, that it's harder to sell things with multiple posts than with one post with lots of items.

With that said, I've counted the 2 most recent pages and found 50 tread starters bumping or answering to there post and only 8 from nonpost starters. Some times I have to bump my post twice a day to get it seen. If we all clumped our stuff into one or so posts then we'd actually get more exposer.

It would work if we worked together. This is a large site, and sometimes it's difficult to dig throught the BS to find what you are interested in

Your thoughts???
Old 11-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

I plead.......guilty. I will try to list more items on one post. I am new but I see what your saying.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Most boards have a Search Feature.
If your looking for say a TC3 you can simply enter that and it will bring up any TC3 listed no matter what page it is on.
It doesnt have to be seen on the 1st or 2nd page to be seen.I know alot of guys that will look at a few pages every time they sign on due to the volume and traffic of this site.
Just be respectful about it and dont double post.
If the item is not POPULAR,HOT or a good deal then it may not sale.
But dont double post the item.We would rather you BUMP it than to post it multiple times.
Goodluck with everyone's sales and thanks for the board.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

I am the bump master of my selling threads...but...I believe that it helped sell my items....i dunno, I think it is best to bump....
Old 11-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Forum rules state either 1 or 2 bumps maximum per day, they also suggest combining items so a person doesn't have a thread for each item that is up for sale. Over-bumping is not fair to those who follow the rules, and 1 item per thread is a major clutter maker. That being said I used to be guilty of over-bumping until someone brought it to my attention. Overall I think this is a good thread and well stated.

Good point jc510.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by wagonman72
Forum rules state either 1 or 2 bumps maximum per day, they also suggest combining items so a person doesn't have a thread for each item that is up for sale. Over-bumping is not fair to those who follow the rules, and 1 item per thread is a major clutter maker. That being said I used to be guilty of over-bumping until someone brought it to my attention. Overall I think this is a good thread and well stated.

Good point jc510.
Thanks for the response!!!

I'll still bump my treads, but I'll start new ones with the old stuff and the new stuff combined, and let the old ones fade away.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

I'll try to be good...
Old 11-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Wowww!!!

Originally posted by jc510
Now I'm not squeaking clean here. I'm even guilty of this myself. I do enjoy selling thing and buying things from this post.

A few weeks back I received an Email about to many post for different items for sale, at first I thought it was rude and almost replied so. Since then I've been watching and have found, that it's harder to sell things with multiple posts than with one post with lots of items.

With that said, I've counted the 2 most recent pages and found 50 tread starters bumping or answering to there post and only 8 from nonpost starters. Some times I have to bump my post twice a day to get it seen. If we all clumped our stuff into one or so posts then we'd actually get more exposer.

It would work if we worked together. This is a large site, and sometimes it's difficult to dig throught the BS to find what you are interested in

Your thoughts???
I think multiple threads are necessary in some cases...When some guys sell out of the hobby, who has the patience to look through a 500 item list to find something like an allen wrench?
Basically, I think multiple threads are justified as long as there is at least 10 items in each one...
However, constant bumping and making multiple threads on the same item is terribly annoying, and the perpetrators should be shot.
There is something that, IMO, needs to be addressed on this forum...waaayyy too many lowballers. I've gotten absolutley ridiocoulous offers over the past few months and there mostly from the people who ask for full MSRP on their JUNK for sale...
Old 04-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Most forums ask you to only bump once a day, that's the rule I follow. I do agree with a new post for a major item but not for a bunch of little things.