Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless XTM X-Terminator Buggy roller or ARTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Brushless XTM X-Terminator Buggy roller or ARTR

****SOLD****This is a nitro XTM 1/8th scale, 4X4 buggy converted to electric. It uses the XTM's motor plate from their electric version to make this possible. I received it in almost completed form. The previous builder installed a new chassis, shocks (which I refilled with better fluid weights for racing) and other various parts to make this a solid vehicle. But then he gave up on it for a while, hence the surface rust on the front turnbuckles. I took over the project and basically took it all apart again, rebuilt the rear diff with new gears and packed with grease, packed the center with grease, and the front has his own rebuild diff fluid which feels to be a mid weight which I liked. I replaced nearly every screw with 10.9 and 12.9 hardened, metric allen heads. I fabricated a carbon fiber ESC plate which braces the center diff mount to the rear diff and creates a large space for ESC mounting as the pictures show. I finished it off by using Castle Creations conversion kit battery trays from a Jammin which holds my 5000 Turnigy hard-cases perfectly. The only part missing is the rear body posts but I supplemented them with 2 zip ties which make for a very fast battery change. You can pull the front clip and tip the body back and it stays up. I also replaced the slower steering servo with an ACE high torque, metal gear servo which cranks the wheels nicely.

Since this build, I ran it once at an indoor R/C show at my local Arena. It was so fast, I couldn't hit top speed before running out of arena space and I had the whole length at my disposal. Long story summed up, I realized this buggy is going to be a serious handful at my local track, even with the faster steering system so I want to part with it before I put too much use on it. The new owner will be getting a fairly fresh car. It will need new tires. The pins are getting pretty worn in the center but they are on J Concept Rulux wheels.

Now the options are simple. I will sell it as a roller meaning no electronics at all. This price would be $150 shipped with tracking.
-The next option is ARTR. For everything pictured (including the original chassis side pans) minus the Spektrum Rx, the price would be $300 shipped. The Novak 6.5 HV Pro system is nearly new as I got it and used it on this truck for those 2 main days of running. It will come with the Novak manuals as well.
The final option is RTR. For $320 SHIPPED, I can install a clean AM radio system. All you'll need to do is plop in your batteries and its ready to go.
Over all, its a serious competitor and very well built. The newer XTM2 parts fit this like the a-arms for example so parts are easy to get (especially Ebay).

Anyhow here are the pics:

Trades are welcome but PayPal is preferred.
I have other listings as well so I will make a generic trade list that applies to any or all of my listings...
Spektrum or Futaba 2PL style 2.4 rx's, brushless motors with lower kv's for off road, Brushless esc's, fast and/or high torque servos, aluminum shocks for off road SC's or ST's, rollers, or whatever you think is worthy. If you have parts for the following cars (Losi LST2, Savages, T-4, B-4, TC-4, Jammin SCRT10, Blitz, Strike) let me know also. Tracking is included with all shipping methods through the P.O.
I do have 100% feedback on Ebay, RCUniverse, and Traxxas if you are concerned. I can forward my user names upon request. Now that I discovered RCTech's fan base, its time for me to expand my selling horizons! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Nitrohobbiest; 03-14-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: More info
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Bump for a solid buggy.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

I open to offers.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Bump for a clean buggy.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Another bump for the second half of a rainy weekend.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

The rain turned to ice and snow; what a mess. Plenty of time for me to box this up and ship it.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

I've created an all inclusive price to get you a buggy that you can pull out of the box and drive. For $360 you get an decent, clean AM radio system installed, calibrated and tested, and 2 brand new ONYX 2500 batteries that have been cycled on my Bantom charger twice and freshly charged for you to run. And by cycled I mean charged and discharged solely by my charging system, not the car. 5 cycles brings the batts close to their full potential but some folks like to do that themselves so I'll stop at 2.

One person is considering this offer right now but no word back yet.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

No final deal yet so offer up. Lots of questions, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Payment is pending.