Search

desert rat 2.0 custom painted!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by WNRacing
Been sitting around for a couple of months...

$40 shipped. Commercial address @ 37075.
Looks like you better head back to Radio shack, $40 shipped??? Wow, I feel sorry for the guys that's have to deal & race with you on a regular basis. That body clear is $38 pre tax, although I don't think it fits on the Radio Shack truck but who knows.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chitownpnut
Looks like you better head back to Radio shack, $40 shipped??? Wow, I feel sorry for the guys that's have to deal & race with you on a regular basis. That body clear is $38 pre tax, although I don't think it fits on the Radio Shack truck but who knows.
I was actually kind of joking around, but it seems that humor is lacking on these forums overall.

I would have offered you more, but in all seriousness $110, even $100 for a body is insane. I could see you selling these all day for $60-70, maybe even $80, but $100+?? Really? I figured I'd throw out a crazy offer to counter your equally crazy asking price.

Anyway, let me know if you decide to sell it for a reasonable price.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WNRacing
I was actually kind of joking around, but it seems that humor is lacking on these forums overall.

I would have offered you more, but in all seriousness $110, even $100 for a body is insane. I could see you selling these all day for $60-70, maybe even $80, but $100+?? Really? I figured I'd throw out a crazy offer to counter your equally crazy asking price.

Anyway, let me know if you decide to sell it for a reasonable price.
I guess I missed the humor in" $40 shipped" oops! There are several painters on this site getting up to $130 just to paint, not including the cost of the body so my $60 price is very reasonable. As I said, maybe you should just stick with radio shack stuff...lot less expensive. I am also interested in seeing what your rc body looks like.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

I guess I missed the humor in" $40 shipped" oops! There are several painters on this site getting up to $130 just to paint, not including the cost of the body so my $60 price is very reasonable. As I said, maybe you should just stick with radio shack stuff...lot less expensive. I am also interested in seeing what your rc body looks like.
Price is more than reasonable IMHO. Your not just looking at the body cost but the prep time, paint time, cost of materials involved and skill set too. All of my RC bodies are the typical one (maybe 2) color rattle can jobs but I would not hesitate to pay for a body like this. Just look at the sliver fade detail, and all the other details in the paint. You are probably looking at a minimum of 7-8 paint colors needed to paint this body. Plus the fact that even if I could start to pull this off, I would probably mess something up towards the end of painting it that in turn would make it look like crap. Now I am a cheap person and rarely buy new but the amount of time and work that went into this body would be worth every penny.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If I was only interested in getting a body for some kind of a concourse or something then I guess the $100 would be understandable, but someone paying $150+ for a 1/10 scale RC body has either 1. got more money than they know what to do with or 2. more debt than anyone could possibly imagine. My truck gets raced and bashed, so spending that kind of money for something that will undoubtedly end up being destroyed is kind of like pissing into the wind.

I'm not going to argue with you, it's just not worth arguing over. I'm not a painter and I've only been in the hobby for a few months now so I guess I am going to have a bunch of " " moments learning what people are willing to pay for a piece of plastic!

Good work on the body and I hope you get it sold.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...h/CIMG6767.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...h/CIMG6777.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...h/CIMG6773.jpg
Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2canSAM
Price is more than reasonable IMHO. Your not just looking at the body cost but the prep time, paint time, cost of materials involved and skill set too. All of my RC bodies are the typical one (maybe 2) color rattle can jobs but I would not hesitate to pay for a body like this. Just look at the sliver fade detail, and all the other details in the paint. You are probably looking at a minimum of 7-8 paint colors needed to paint this body. Plus the fact that even if I could start to pull this off, I would probably mess something up towards the end of painting it that in turn would make it look like crap. Now I am a cheap person and rarely buy new but the amount of time and work that went into this body would be worth every penny.
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.