Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MERV FEELER THREAD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
I think the problem is, in general, people buy on forums to get deal from people who are wiling to sell their RC gear for less than its worth. In general, RC stuff sells for WAY less than its really worth (though worth is determined by market value so that statement is sortof confusing). So if your listing your truck as being "loved" and you "really dont want to sell" etc etc... people will figure that your not looking to give it away and therefore wont want to make offers they way they would if you simply posted it up for sale.

If you had a specific trade in mind, like VERY specific (1/10 brushless stadium truck in great condition... for example) you may get people offering that. But to say you dont want to sell your merv (deep down inside) because you love it... many will just pass on making an offer.

Just the way I see it. Your not doing anything wrong and I, for one, have no issues buying from someone with no feedback as long as I can pay via paypal... but thats just me.
now that, is more like it, if the guy who posted first had said something like this, or even u instead of your 1 sentence, then i would be ok, this is constructive and allows me to help myself, so thank u.

specifically i am looking for 8th scale, yes i do love my merv, but it isnt everything i need, im looking at larger scale, i said if the offer is a good 1, then i will consider it, no harm in that.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am going to be on the encouraging side here, welcome to th forum and all...but... there is always a Butt...oops but....
You do need to post a price.
When you say "make offer" that really never works as either buyer or seller ends up mad. or thinkin one or the other is trying to stea it or get best offer.
So basically put a price up of what you really want for it.

As one posted earlier I dont agree with.. That everyone is trying to get a complete steal of a price.
I buy and sell a lot on here and other RC forums... I for one, look to get a good deal for sure, but a fair price for the buyer and seller.

B... good luck on your sale, it will go much easier for you if you post a price.. do a little looking on here to find a "going price for a MERV"
Rdr.......
Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Oh crap... I forgot to mention.... Sweet Merv!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by super-maxx23
also you dont have any feedback on here
sorry i came off wrong i was meaning like post a link or say where they can fined your feedback also your username also free bump nice merv too
Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys for the constructive comments and the welcoming to the forum, also thanks for the apologie buddy dont worry about it, im just overreacting i guess.

original post edited with what id like to get out of it for me to let it go, cash or trade etc.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Decent price with all the extras you have there!!!
You forgot radio, or I missed it... 2.4G newer merv or the older with a metal ant.?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rdr4evr69
Decent price with all the extras you have there!!!
You forgot radio, or I missed it... 2.4G newer merv or the older with a metal ant.?
reason i missed it is because there is no rx included no rx or tx will be in this sale as i have my own 2.4ghz, this was the original 27mhz merv, with all the updated bulks and everything actually came with it, but there isnt one part on there thats the same as when it came from the box, lmao, i have actually bought and maintained this thing that well that things have worn and been replaced etc. lmao
Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

oh yeah, sorry guys i forgot to mention, all of the wheels/tire sets pictured can be sold seperate other than the traxxas dishes that are installed,

thanks, and sorry if ive bumped this too much, but i had to make sure it was all set before i could say go ahead and make offers... fire away guys
Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

ok, so ive come to my decision on actually selling the merv, im not selling it.

what i am going to do instead, is sell the spare wheels and tire sets in the pictures
-proline road rages on titues wheels
-huge 1/10 monster truck wheels
-stock talons/tires
-buggy wheels/tires

all in the effort to replace a few parts and do some more stuff on my merv,

sorry for all the fuss guys, hence i named it a feeler thread, if a mod would gladly change the title of the thread to wheels/tires for sale, that would be very much appreciated or i could start a new thread?

either way, thanks for the advice u guys gave, sorry for the fuss and confusion and thanks to any1 who made offers/trades.

pm me about the wheels tires for prices shipped to wherever the location is...
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow