Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Morning bump...
JColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have an sc8 nitro, it has a jammin .28. It has a steering servo, so it would just need to be converted?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

PM's received. Just mulling over the offers. Keep em coming...
JColeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
SOLD..........SOLD.............SOLD............... SOLD...................SOLD

I'm looking to sell or trade this Associated FT TC5R package. I've decided to stick to dirt racing. This car is in like new condition. Car was setup for me by a local sponsored racer and is dialed for racing. I only ran 5 packs thru it at my local indoor carpet track. I just don't have the time to invest to be competitive locally...

Here's your chance to get a race setup touring car. It's ready to go just add your electrics. This car can also be used for GT racing or VTA racing as well...The blue body is in fair condition now.. Unpainted body is a BMW M3. The VTA bodies were given to me by a friend, they go with the deal...I have no use for them.

I have taken detailed pictures of everything included.
All extra parts are new in package or new out of package.
Included are plenty of new extra parts to last you a while.

I will not part anything out. One package, one deal.

Selling price -SOLD

Recieved car today...... PM sent
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Well, I am glad I quoted Jcoleman's post before he deleted it. The car he described in that ad is far from the car I recieved. When I sent my first PM complaining about the car, he deleted his entire ad.

First of all, the servo and RX were not included... he did not tell me this until after he shipped the car. The ad clearly states "I have taken detailed pictures of everything included" and the first pic with the body off shows a Spektrum SR300 and Hi-Tec servo. I didn't think I needed to ask about them since they were clearly shown in the pic. I didn't care much about the servo but I definately needed the SR300. I PM'd him about the RX and servo after paying, but he waited to respond until after shipping the car to let me know they would NOT be included. I decided to just let it go and chalk it up to lack of communication. He made the car sound great so I decided it should still be worth it... until I recieved it He also said the car was "like new" and it had only been run 5 times on carpet. The pics clearly show the car has been run on asphalt. The blue body is a complete joke. The pic he posted shows a brand new body, but I got a badly beaten up body that has been wrecked so many times it is too tweaked to fit right. The other bodies are not drilled correctly for the car and the holes are cut rediculously big. The paint jobs are a joke too, although I could overlook it if the other parts of the ad were true. The tires in the pic look new... the tires I recieved are pretty worn and both front tires have tears in them. Overall, I feel like I didn't get the car I payed for.

I offered to send the car back that following morning (less than 24 hours after recieving it) for a refund but Jcoleman refused. He said I still got a great deal despite the problems I had with the car. He was not willing to work with me at all, he just told me the deal is done. What a joke, I hope karma comes around. I have done hundreds of online deals and I have never had an unhappy customer. It sucks that I will probably end up with my first negative feedback on a transaction where I paid immediately (we were talking on the phone at the time) and where I tried dealing with him like an adult when the deal was not how it was advertised.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc51.jpg   Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc52.jpg   Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc53.jpg   Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc54.jpg   Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc55.jpg  

Last edited by Funky; 10-17-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #7

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

What a jerk dude! Seems like once he knew it was sold, he took the car out and beat the heck out of it.
Past: Kyosho Raider, Traxxas GTP, Kyosho Optima, Jato 3.3, Tmaxx 2.5, Revo 2.5, Revo 3.3, TC4, MBX5t, Hyper 7, Emaxx, Vorza, Inferno VE, XXXT, Hyper Sprint, SC8e, Erevo, Rustler VXL, RC18b, Baja 5b, Parrot AR Drone, Mini ERevo VXL, HB D8Te, D8, Slash 2wd, Slash 4wd, HB Ve8,Blade 350QX, Alien Quad 450, DJI F450, DJI F550, Losi 8 3.0, DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, Traxxas Summit
badaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

MMMMMMMMMM, it does say pics show what is included, but also says you need to include your elecronics. I saw that right away. The tires are not the ones in his pics, but the pic of the under side of the chassis loks the same in both his and your pics. His pic would have been a flag for me on carpet ran only.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Tech Adept

I asked about the chassis bottom since the pics did look a little rough. He told me on the phone that the marks on the chassis were just some build-up from the tire additive they use on his track and the camera made it look like that in the pics. He told me the car only had 5 runs total on carpet only and it was still "like new".

It does say "It's ready to go just add your electrics", although I thought he was referring to adding a motor/esc/lipo since the RX and servo were clearly shown in the pics. Since the ad says "I have taken detailed pictures of everything included" and the first pic with the body off shows a RX and servo, why would I assume they were not included

Last edited by Funky; 10-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default sorry man!

sorry to hear about what happened. did you use paypal? file a claim with them. State that what you received was not as described. it may take some convicing but it's worth trying.
OUTCAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlGrumpy View Post
MMMMMMMMMM, it does say pics show what is included, but also says you need to include your elecronics. I saw that right away. The tires are not the ones in his pics, but the pic of the under side of the chassis loks the same in both his and your pics. His pic would have been a flag for me on carpet ran only.
agree.... says no electronics..... also says the other bodies were given to him used..... the only thing i see that you got screwed on was the blue body and wheels

you can clearly see the chassis was ran on the street
Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Tech Adept

The ad does not say "no electronics". If it said that, I definately would have asked since I thought they were included. It says "It's ready to go just add your electrics" which I figured he meant I need to add my motor/esc/batteries. Since it says "I have taken detailed pictures of everything included" and the first pic without a body shows a servo and RX, why would I assume these are not included?? This was definately lack of communication from both of us. I should have asked a lot more questions, but I thought the ad was clear, but it was not. We also talked on the phone for quite a while and he assured me this car was like-new. I have had many great online deals and they have always been described pretty accurate. I would be ok with one or two problems, but there are no many discrepencies with this ad it is rediculous. The car/bodies/wheels that I recieved were not anything like they were described. The extra camaro bodies were pretty much junk too with horrible paint jobs, 2 sets of holes in each one (neither of them are drilled for this car) and plenty of flaws but I am not even complaining about those.... I just wanted a nice chassis to start racing with.

I asked him about the bottom of the chassis when we talked on the phone and he assured me that it had NEVER been ran on asphalt, only on carpet. Even his quote from this ad is "Car was setup for me by a local sponsored racer and is dialed for racing. I only ran 5 packs thru it at my local indoor carpet track."
Old 10-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Even though the deal was not what I thought, the worst part is how it was handled once I recieved the car. If I ever sold something online and the buyer wasn't happy, I would do something to make it right or issue a refund if the problem couldn't be solved. If I sold it at a fair price, it would still be worth the same amount when I got it back. I don't want to misrepresent anything I sell and I try to be as detailed as possible when making a sale so the buyer is happy with the transaction. I wouldn't want anyone to end up with something they don't want, so if they were not happy, I would fix it. I have had so many good deals in the past that I thought I could trust the ad and his word.

Unfortunately with this deal, there was no offer to fix anything and when I asked to just return the car, he refused. He told me I still got a good deal so that was it. Next time I will be much more cautious when buying online. Hopefully my bad deal will save someone else from having a similar problem. Ask a lot of questions and make sure you know exactly what you are getting.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am really sorry about your getting screwed. It's happened to me on another online medium, and it truly sucks and hurts. Hopefully, the diffs can be repaired at minimal cost, and nothing else is wrong with the drivetrain. If that is the case, you may yet end up with a very raceable car to keep, if you choose to go that route. Maybe you can use one of the included bodies for practice, and you can paint the BMW to your liking and make that your primary race body.

Let us know your findings on the drivetrain...

Anyway, this car has changed hands more than once. jo civic sold it to JColeman on 9-7-2010. So, JColeman had about a month to beat it up before offering it up for sale. Looks like the pics posted by JColeman were taken after his purchase, prior to using everything. Not that any of this matters right now.

WWW.TRAVELINGMINISPEEDWAY.COM
MojoManDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Hmmm, very interesting, I appreciate the info.

I completely dissasembled the rear diff, cleaned it and relubed it which helped a lot but it still doesn't feel quite right. I ordered a diff rebuild kit for it so hopefully that will fix that problem. I am sure I'll end up with a good car after I dump enough money into it to get what I should have started with

Here is a good pic of the front drivetrain to give you an idea of how it was assembled... hopefully the sponsored driver that setup the car didn't install this diff
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras-tc5-crooked-diff.jpg