Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Anyone interested in buying or appraising my 2 Hotbodies D4's one new! $500? >

Anyone interested in buying or appraising my 2 Hotbodies D4's one new! $500?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone interested in buying or appraising my 2 Hotbodies D4's one new! $500?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Anyone interested in buying or appraising my 2 Hotbodies D4's one new! $500?

Hey Guys I am thinking about selling these for $500us. Maybe on ebay. If my o trader score here is to risky for buyers. I have a good rep (100%)after ten years on ebay. I have been infactuated with my df03 laterly. I like that the parts are so cheap.

Below is tedious and uncorrected, above for the that matter too lol. I warn you but as detailed as I can. If 500 is what their worth I will clean them up and photograph them propper. I am not keen to make the effort if I am going to get laughed at and waste my time. I will keep them and race them.

What I have got is a new professionally build original d4 not the worlds edition.With original box and manual. I think the lighter harder to adjust slipper and smaller front bumper and lack of sway bar are the main differences. I bought it but never have used it. Since it's so pretty ,clean and virginous. Maybe getting hard to find now in this condition. I all so have worlds edition upgrade parts for it except the slipper clutch. Its a roller. The non worlds is more fragile but better looking I think.

My other is a worlds edition(roller)manual . Maybe 10/15% wear on drive shafts maybe less. Still very clean and in g/c. It cleans up as good as the other untill you really get close to it. I dont think it has been raced. The tops of the towers are scratched of course. I have crashed it!Allways run with bottom plate. I have a new proline body. Almost new yellow wheels with new tires 4 lapps run on both. Heaps of small parts. Screws shims universal rebuild kits, diff housings front and rear, bearings, arms,C hubs,heaps of diff gears, spurs. No second hand parts. I just bought both of these to race and started collecting parts. I have not raced yet. Just some laps at the track. In reality a seasoned racer would have more spares. I have just collected everything I thought I might need. I am sure there is more needed like hinge pins. I have most if all the smaller pins but no hinge pins yet. I have a new stainless steel hex screw set too. Cost 50$ on it's own. There is enough spares to strip the worlds and rebuild it almost or at the least refurbish it. I was thinking $500 for the lot. I am not sure if their worth anywhere near this. The are discontinued models now. All the hpi 1/10 buggys are I believe due to the credit crunch. And not enough interest to loan $ to retool for previous 1/10 models. I have spent much much more then $500. And the more I search reviews endlessly to find somthing better. There still isnt a lot better out there. My noob brain would think anyway.

I would all so imagine my df03 that maybe is replacing them will be up here for sale once I waste another $300 on it for $200. Ok I have a sickness that is my short attention span. Cure it for me and tell me how great they are and that their only worth $100 now.

I probably will not sell them if I cant get near $500 for them. Does anyone have an opinion on whether I am wasting my time listing them at this price? I was thinking about listing the new d4 seperatly on ebay because being rarer and new it might go for more then I think. They havent been for sale for a few years at least. Maybe they can be had somwhere? Of course I have no credentuals here but if somebody is interested preferrably in Australia. I could list them on ebay buy now. I hope this is not breaking the rules somehow. I will change it if it is.

I would swap a Schumacher Cougar SV-Pro CF kit which I believe can be had for $299us over there. I would like to try 2wd's as well. One of the best drivers at my club has one. I am pretty facinated by the thought of owning one at present. One of those showing up in the post would be cool. Way more fun than actually buying one myself I think.

Anyway other things I need or would like.. A spectrum dx6 ,High turn brushless motor,Hpi rs4 rally and mt , durga, zx5, trf anything.. pretty much anything ellse interesting I havent had allready I would be interested in trading. Gc like these is important to me. A tamiya tank or 2 for my daughter even. I look forward to lots of trades if I dont do as much money as when I buy and sell everytime as I have issues with telling lies. I dont like to do it as I hate myself a lot allready and dont like to add more reasons for doing so in the future. BTW I have a hyper st I am loosing interest in all so.

Thanks for getting this far and Regards Gary