Phisherman

Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Phisherman

Okay this forum seems to be packed with Phishing scumbags.

I have something for sale and I keep getting these pm's from brand new "members" they have similar names, couple of them are 2 letter 3 number user id's. There pm's go like this, "I would like to buy it now, please call me at" or "please email me at....". They show zero posts, zero feedback, or their only post are "pm sent".

Maybe I'm being parnoid but something rubs me wrong about those user's. So heads up to everybody selling something, I would steer clear of them.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Actually, some of us are new and trying get into the hobby. Sorry for causing the paranoia. Atleast I am...
Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Why would you be worried about a BUYER??? so what if the guy is new to the site... as long as they paypal or what ever method you like the amount of money agreed upon why should you worry.

I can understand worring about dealing with a new seller... but a buyer...

Maybe I'm missing something
Old 06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Agree

Originally Posted by shultz
Why would you be worried about a BUYER??? so what if the guy is new to the site... as long as they paypal or what ever method you like the amount of money agreed upon why should you worry.

I can understand worring about dealing with a new seller... but a buyer...

Maybe I'm missing something
Seriously. I bought something from someone on here. I have zero feedback but I am certainly not going to just send someone paypal without talking to them live to make sure I don't get scammed. What does feedback have to do with it. You have to start somewhere.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

yea why worry about a buyer he is sending you the money up front. if any one should worry it would be him. and remember we were all new at some point in this forum. i was and have never had a bad deal with anyone on here just do your homework. and if you are not sure than ask we are all here to help.

mike
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i see where your coming from. craigslist is eat up with scammers maybe they made there way here. but i just started and luckily people trusted me just dont take a check.lol paypal has been safe for me so far
Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w_dupree
Okay this forum seems to be packed with Phishing scumbags.

I have something for sale and I keep getting these pm's from brand new "members" they have similar names, couple of them are 2 letter 3 number user id's. There pm's go like this, "I would like to buy it now, please call me at" or "please email me at....". They show zero posts, zero feedback, or their only post are "pm sent".

Maybe I'm being parnoid but something rubs me wrong about those user's. So heads up to everybody selling something, I would steer clear of them.
Damn right!! Guilty until proven innocent
I guess that is the price you pay for selling so much stuff. I was bored and looked at your post history, mostly selling things which is perfectly OK, but I think people should have been much more concerned with that from a new member.

I just had a friend that bought from someone on here last week.....the only reason he joined was so he could PM the guy. There are many that are just browsing and reading the forums prior to getting into RC.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

i see where your coming from. craigslist is eat up with scammers maybe they made there way here. but i just started and luckily people trusted me just dont take a check.lol paypal has been safe for me so far
Yes, Craigslist is full of scamers... and as a BUYER you should be careful... this is why I only do face to face deals on craigs list. And if the person has the BAD idea of trying anything stupid during the face to face well... this is one on many reasons I carry a G-23 fulltime and send a few hundred rounds down range each month

As a SELLER you only need to worry about getting paid and sending the item as described in a timely mannor... it's the BUYER's that need to worry about being scamed
Old 06-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sellers can get scammed, happens all the time. You sell, recieve payment, send it, then the buyer files a claim with paypal, meanwhile you sent the item.

Also what if these people are PHISHing for information, sorry I just got a bad vibe off of two pm's.

I guess the world is coming to an end, maybe I should be disposed of for offending people.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sellers can get scammed, happens all the time. You sell, recieve payment, send it, then the buyer files a claim with paypal, meanwhile you sent the item.

Also what if these people are PHISHing for information, sorry I just got a bad vibe off of two pm's.

I guess the world is coming to an end, maybe I should be disposed of for offending people.
Nope, just trying to buy a buggy.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I never said you Madd, I had three other pm's, all with similar usernames, all wanting me to call a number and continue the a deal via email. Now I'm just backing off this site completely.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I had three other pm's, all with similar usernames, all wanting me to call a number and continue the a deal via email. Now I'm just backing off this site completely.
You always have the ability to chose who you will do business with whether buying or selling, if you're not comfortable don't do the deal but don't quit the site. There are plenty of great buyers and sellers on here just be selective.

IMHO.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default call

I never said you Madd, I had three other pm's, all with similar usernames, all wanting me to call a number and continue the a deal via email. Now I'm just backing off this site completely.
WOW i wish people would leave more phone numbers to call .for information on buying or selling . Sounds to me that maybe you should deal with ebay. You Me and everybody else on this site started off with 0 feedbacks and posts also .Thats not right in my opinion to cut down anybody on this site .except on the trader feedback thats just my 2cents
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

my phone # is 410-739-1908 i give it out on all my adds id rather text but when it comes down to it give me a call. this is my cell if you want my home address its 201 railroad ave barclay md 21607. im not ofraid of scammers ive been scammed many times and i know there tricks. i have great feedback on all the mustang site i belong to(hense the name) and im glad to say i have gotten 4 pos feedbacks so far on here.if your looking to buy or sell make sure you happy with the person your dealing with if they dont want to give out personal info that means they have something to hide.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nastystroker
my phone # is 410-739-1908 i give it out on all my adds id rather text but when it comes down to it give me a call. this is my cell if you want my home address its 201 railroad ave barclay md 21607. im not ofraid of scammers ive been scammed many times and i know there tricks. i have great feedback on all the mustang site i belong to(hense the name) and im glad to say i have gotten 4 pos feedbacks so far on here.if your looking to buy or sell make sure you happy with the person your dealing with if they dont want to give out personal info that means they have something to hide.
That takes balls brother. I always send my email address and phone number to sellers when I'm going to do a deal, but only over PM never out in the open. More power to you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.