Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bump deleting

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default bump deleting

hey guys. on this whole bump deleting in the for sale ads. i posted something for sale or trade in the proper section. about 2 hours later, i went on to check if anyone responded. it was already on the second page of the forum. personally, and others that i know, stop searching after the first page or so. how am i supposed to sell something when before the day is over and i'm on the 6th page. you cant. i have been on numerous forums for different things, and never has this been a problem. the forums need to be broken down a little more so others and i dont have this problem.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

not everyone stops on the first page, i go all the way into 2 days back, right now i have a thread and i posted updates on it 4 hrs ago and its on page 8 right now.. just repost when its likely the high part of the day of watchers like in the morning or afternoon.. everyone else deals with it......
Old 01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have no problem with searching through several pages, hey the more the better. Your just a noob you'll get over it.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rader
hey guys. on this whole bump deleting in the for sale ads. i posted something for sale or trade in the proper section. about 2 hours later, i went on to check if anyone responded. it was already on the second page of the forum. personally, and others that i know, stop searching after the first page or so. how am i supposed to sell something when before the day is over and i'm on the 6th page. you cant. i have been on numerous forums for different things, and never has this been a problem. the forums need to be broken down a little more so others and i dont have this problem.
Welcome to rctech..... The reason that it is at the bottom of the 6th page is because it is a very popular site. There is nothing you can do about that other than hoping others keep your post at the top or you keep it at the top with your daily bump. And as far as how are you supposed to sell anything, (and so that you don't have this problem) well, this is a free site and really better than anything esle out there. If you are selling things people want and it is a reasonable price, it will stay at the top, if not, well, then maybe it will end up on the 6th page.....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

it's not that big of a deal..most of the time, people know what they're looking for, and search it. that's what i do atleast... and yes, there are window shoppers, but if we all bump after a few hours...it's going to be the same chaos as having the 1 bump a day rule.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Personally I think the whole bumping rule is BS. If you're online more than some other seller, why shouldn't you be able to bump your thread as many times as you want. You're only spamming your own thread so who cares.

With that being said - from my own personal experience - I search a day out for stuff and do searches for specific items. I never stop on page one.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

so what are you selling anyway. Edit your first thread on this one and it seems to be staying at the top now, so at least you would be getting some free bumps.....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Location: Naperville, Illinois- on to Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana Racetracks!
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Free Bump.

OH!..... you're not selling anything....
Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Your an idiot Rader. Why wouldnt you look past the first page unless your just too lazy?? The reason your still on the first page at other forums is becuase NO ONE VISITS them! Stop complaining if you dont like it dont post your here!

Last edited by Marcos.J; 01-14-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

PErsonally guys I go to my public profile and hit statistics and then show all threads and then it shows all that you have posted/made that's just me
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Bump

If your selling on here. be ready to just about give it away. Good Item Good price, and it will sell fast. No feedback, GOODLUCK! ! Bump A day is all that is needed. Check the WTB maybe someone is looking for what your trying to sell.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Showtime Racing
Free Bump.

OH!..... you're not selling anything....

Now that s h i t is funny!!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

all im saying is that the site could be better organized by what you are trying to sell.
buggy/truggy
parts
engines
and so on
Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well you didnt need to post three threads on this same subject...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

okay guys common this is now going too turn into a yelling match? People have the freedom of speech he was just posting his dislike of the one bump rule I personally don't mind it. actually i have 40+ rating so needless to say I've had no problem selling or buying anything on here with the rule in place. It's kind of a horse a piece some guys don't benefit but the majority do we can't please everyone.

Dallas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.