Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Why do people post things for sale...Without a price? >

Why do people post things for sale...Without a price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do people post things for sale...Without a price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Why do people post things for sale...Without a price?

And these aren't even "Make Offer" posts.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Sorry in advance moderator. Just had to rant a little.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know why they do but it's against the rules of the forum. My guess is they want too much money for their used gear and are embarassed to post a price. I don't bother with those types of posts, I say either post a price or get lost, I don't have time to waste on guessing games.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

I know what you mean. It is annoying, but it doesn't help the seller any either so...
Old 01-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Think some feel they might make a mistake and be asking to low of price, and maybe feel someone might offer them more then what they thought it was worth themselves.

Very rare that someone would offer more then what the sellers thinks it is worth though.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think it stinks and usually pass right over the post without even bothering to ask what they want! It's like going to the hobby store and having to ask how much every item is because there are no price tags.......I would walk out and never look back! On all the message boards I see this most on this one.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

gotta agree people listing with no prices are idiots
Old 01-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Raydee
I think it stinks and usually pass right over the post without even bothering to ask what they want! It's like going to the hobby store and having to ask how much every item is because there are no price tags.......I would walk out and never look back! On all the message boards I see this most on this one.
And the best part is when you say i'll pay such and such, they get all offended. Used gear is used gear, you're going to take a hit so deal with it.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default pricing

sometimes i dont put prices because i honestly dont know what i can ask for when i post an item. for example, i posted something hoping to get a certain amount for it, never put the price and the person who eventually *ahem* AWOLSOLIDER* bought it actually matched the price i was thinking my prices are always negotiable anyways.

so why is it you can put in your two cents worth... but its a penny for your thoughts? im getting ripped off here!
Old 01-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: pricing

Originally posted by Hebiki
sometimes i dont put prices because i honestly dont know what i can ask for when i post an item. for example, i posted something hoping to get a certain amount for it, never put the price and the person who eventually *ahem* AWOLSOLIDER* bought it actually matched the price i was thinking my prices are always negotiable anyways.

so why is it you can put in your two cents worth... but its a penny for your thoughts? im getting ripped off here!
Damn I should have held out longer. Nah it's all good, I only get frustrated when you're trying to buy a small part or something and the seller keeps asking you to guess what he wants for it. Very annoying!

We all know that cudas and ko radios demand a decent price, quality definately has a resale advantage.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

So basically you are asking people to audition for a price?

Last edited by wagonman72; 01-19-2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default What get's me is ...

... when you point out that the thread rules say 'state a price' or 'best offer' ... and then the seller gets mad!

IMHO, people should always post a price. If it is too high, no one will buy it. If the price is low, it will be gone in a flash. There is nothing wrong with changing the price as time goes on. If no one buys it, lower the price or try to sell it elsewhere. That is how capitalism works.

'nuff said,
MX4
Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Normally I wouldn't complain, but so many people seem to be doing this lately. Oh and something else I had noticed, people selling many items here....good, people selling many items here with a post for each item.....BAD! Please folks combine your sales posts, it's not THAT hard.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:11 AM
sty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Just my thoughts

I think some people post their items without a price is probably without the intention to sell the items, only want people to offer them a price. If somebody offer them a higher price than they will feel happy about it. But the problem is when someone offer them a lower price, they wll feel so unhappy and start to condem the person who post the price. I think most sellers know how much they want for the things that they are selling, the only problem is if they post too high a price they are afraid that no one will respond. If the seller is really keen in selling the item, after the initial posting, can always reduce the price for those interested to consider.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

You said it Sty. I mean seriously, people aren't even going to bother you if you don't have a price. At least if you have a price, no matter how high it may be, people will usually make offers and try and work with you. I'm not saying people should low ball or anything, but I think you know what i mean . And you can always bump it with a lower price if no one is interested.