Search

Buying from GRACER!! BEWARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

lol
Originally Posted by dv007
I bought a soldering station from him. It has been 10 days and no words from him.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

people like this amaze me.. i cant see how people can just take money and not send what they sold!! if you got what you want (money) then just send what they want!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I did this before on an Ebay deal gone sour. I found out the city where he lived and called the local police dept.. They put me in touch with the internet fraud investigator and he personally talked to me on the phone. I gave him all the info I had gathered including his cell phone, home phone, parents name and address. He went and paid the guy a visit the same day, needless to say I got a call from the bum offering up a fix. The investigator emailed back asking if I need to go further with the investigation. It took me 3 days of internet investigating and phone calls to find out the info. You could start by calling the hobby shop closest to his track and ask if they know him and say he left a radio or something in your car and you need to return it to him. Ask for address or phone number. If you know his last name do a white pages lookup of all people with the same last name and start the phone calls, you might find a relative and use the same "I need to return a radio he left" deal.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I already have his phone #, he just doesn't answer it or return any calls. I have left several messages without any luck. I had to do the same thing on Ebay as well. Bought a purse for my wife and never received it. 2 yrs later I got a call from the loser telling me that an investigator was after him and that he had to make the deal right. Even after all that, I still didn't get my money. Beware of selling on Ebay too! I sold some cpu ram and the guy said he got an empty package and filed a claim w/paypal. He got all of his money back and I got nothing. Needless to say buying and selling on the net is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Originally Posted by rnasah
I did this before on an Ebay deal gone sour. I found out the city where he lived and called the local police dept.. They put me in touch with the internet fraud investigator and he personally talked to me on the phone. I gave him all the info I had gathered including his cell phone, home phone, parents name and address. He went and paid the guy a visit the same day, needless to say I got a call from the bum offering up a fix. The investigator emailed back asking if I need to go further with the investigation. It took me 3 days of internet investigating and phone calls to find out the info. You could start by calling the hobby shop closest to his track and ask if they know him and say he left a radio or something in your car and you need to return it to him. Ask for address or phone number. If you know his last name do a white pages lookup of all people with the same last name and start the phone calls, you might find a relative and use the same "I need to return a radio he left" deal.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I bought a battery from him also and still haven't received it. It's been 3weeks since he received my money. I have sent him numerous emails with no response. I'm a easy going guy. If your having issues all you have to do is communicate . It's sad that a $30 battery could potentially tarnish his reputation here.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

ALWAYS make phone contact if they don't wanna don't do the deal that's what i have found to be best i almost traded a XXX-s to a well i thot guy and it was a 15 year old kid! trading his dads car without him knowing!
i don't like kids' and if they don't wanna make phone contact make them do there side of the deal first!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rnasah
sound like we got a Csi on are hands here ! way to go bro!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just got the soldering station I bought from him today. He still doesn't response to PMs though.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

dv007 did you pay for yours around the same time I did? I'm just getting aggravated with the no communication. I hope I get my battery soon. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I bought it 2+ weeks ago.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Thats about the same time for me. Hopefully it will show up soon.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by mamba4life
ALWAYS make phone contact if they don't wanna don't do the deal that's what i have found to be best i almost traded a XXX-s to a well i thot guy and it was a 15 year old kid! trading his dads car without him knowing!
i don't like kids' and if they don't wanna make phone contact make them do there side of the deal first!
dude what the hell im 15 and i am soon to be sponsored i won 18 out of 20 races this winter and i dont rip people of ive traded on here and not a problem
Old 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

I think he was making a general statement and not singling out any one person.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Well I received the battery this afternoon. He told me it would fit into a 18T. Not even close. So not only have I had to wait a long time to get it now it won 't fit What I bought it for.
So I guess now I'm going to have to sell it to recoup my money.