Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section? >

POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah I guess it is up to whomever, post a pic if ya want to, or don't. It does make things easier though, seeing what your buying. I personally just bought 3 receivers sight unseen, but the guy had a great rating.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (99%+)

yet another reason it should be mandatory to post pictures with your rctech name/user I.D.
this would stop other seller from posting pictures of truck that are not there own or even truck they do not own

a perfect example http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...assembled.html
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think pics are a good idea - certainly hard to sell something without them. I don't think it should be mandatory though. I think most people wouldn't buy anything without pics, so if you are going to try to sell something you'll get more for it if you take the time to post the pics.

I just don't think it should be mandatory. Just don't buy stuff without pics.

If you do decide to make it mandatory though, then you should also have to put the date and username in the pics.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Pics..I dont think it should be mandatory but you arent going to sell much without them, so your wasting your own time....but I do think you should have a certain # of posts to actually *sell* something in the forum.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

One thing about requiring pictures with the date and forum name is that it will reduce the clutter. Only posters that are serious about making the sale will spend the 5 minutes to include the documentation. I say "documentation" because that's what you are really providing. Aside from the advertising aspect, you are providing proof that the item exists. That's it...
I can't believe that in 2008, someone who obviously owns or has access to an internet linked computer and probably has at least $500 invested in toy cars and such, can't manage to get a hold of a digital camera of some sort.Hell, my cell phone works just fine...
It's easy, it's cheap, and it's the least we can all do to make this forum safer for everyone.
If you are opposed to making pictures mandatory... Waaaaah
Welcome to the 21st century.

+++++++1
Old 12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sure pics are nice, but a thread with no pics is FAR FAR FAR less annoying than the signatures on this forum. Sigs on most well modded sites are 1-2 lines tops. Half the sigs here are 5x as big as anything that person writes. Horrid.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

first I will apologize for my posting in wrong areas when I first joined and started racing.

OK now all this talk is nice but thats all it is there is so much going on on this site or there must be because the MODS do not enforce half the rules. there is an i phone add in the electric onroad forum that has been there for I dont know how long. this thread for example I like it but it is against the rules of the site and should either be moved or deleted (if we were to follow every rule set by rctech). New rules I feel will just lead to less policing by the mods. Maybe we need more mods. I understand that they do have REAL LIVES. back on subject pics, no pics people are still going to get screwed. you just have to do your research if you are ify about the seller. If your going to do the pic thing though how about a pic of your ugly a$$ holding the item?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RE

+1

I ALSO THINK PIC SHOULD INCLUDE USERNAME AND RCTECH!!!

JEFF
Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for the double post it would not load into the edit screen.

Just wanted to state that I am in no way trying to rip on the mods. Just saying that other issues should be addressed before new steps should be taken.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Pics = probably help sell your Item.
Price = probably help with answering "how much" pm's

With editing software.....You can make a pic look however you want...You can add a date and sig as well.

The mod's can't keep up with what's going on as it is.....Swearing, auction links...etc.etc..

Not to mention quality of a pic.....A pic is a pic whether you can really tell the condition of an item or not....would you have to take pics of all 6 sides of an item???....Would there be a minimun "quality" be required????

Good Idea .......Yes
Manditory.........No
Old 12-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default How about no bumps!!

Some sites won't let you bump your FS/FT posts or you get banned. Doing that here would cut out a lot of wasted band width and wasted time on the part of the members. I don't know about you but I get a little tired of wading through ttt.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea but sometimes you post a thread when you have the time and by that night its on the 4th page where nobody can see it. or they can but most people do not go that far back. I have posted stuff early in the day and have not gotten a hit for a couple days and with in 10 mins of a bump or ttt it's sold. this may not be how it is for everyone else but it has been for me.

But now that I think about it maybe the reason I have to bump it is because everyone else has bumped theirs. Maybe the post should not cycle when they get a hit that would save time on finding stuff because then you could say to yourself. self this post was on page 9 thats where it will be when I come back not page 15-19 somewhere.

Last edited by cliferton; 12-10-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: a little hind sight
Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

pics w/ handwritten username and date should be mandatory. you would not have to surf through 4 pages to find your item if this was enforced. FS postings would be cut in half or more because most people are too lazy to take pics. pics and handwritten info also prove that an item acually exists and minimizes the chance of a scammer ripping us off.

buyers should be more than happy to have this rule enforced.

if you're not willing to take 5 minutes and do the pic w/ info, you're not a serious seller....ie- you're the kind of lazy seller that ships our item two weeks after you receive our payment cause you spent it on gas/beer/cigarettes and now have no money to ship our item.... that kinda person needs to go away....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.