Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section? >

POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

POLL: should it be manditory to have pics in order to post in the FS/FT section?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Just wanted to follow up:

1. If the server is getting bogged down. Would it not be prudent to remove items posted back in 2001? See last thread on page 84.
1a. Could you make it a 90 day sell it or repost it? any threads older than 90 days automatically drop. If you did this then it would keep the server relatively cleaned up. Old post that have sold or have seen no interest would drop off. Most items that are worth buying usually move in the 1st week. 90 days should be plenty of time to sell an item.

2. How about a form with required fields like: name, location, trader rating, amount of use new, almost new or used, list of items and price and atleast 1 required pic for the whole post. Not pics of each individual item unless thats what the seller wants to do. Other seller names you use and on what site like ebay, rcuniverse and so forth.
2a. a form would bring some consistency with each post. Not the shotgun effect of whats posted now. Location field would provide a seller with the ability to say where do you race and or whom do you know or who knows you. All of us know guys in different areas at different tracks. Who could maybe vouch for the individual.

Overall a form would bring a bit of consistency to each post. It will not solve all of the problems but would be a step in the right direction.
I agree on the 1st point(s) big time...
2nd point(s): good ideas but would require more monitoring.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

not mandatory. If it bothers you just pass it up. Its your choice.

What it is, is your interested in the item but can't see it & that bugs you. go see a shrink. lol
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
i will be the first to Disagree,

I have been selling here on Rctech for for over 2 years,

when Rctech started to have issues, i stopped posting Pics in my forsale threads because this site was unstable, with having sent pics to a potintial buyer i was able to keep in contact, when not being able log on to rctech.

i have also found that by asking for an e-mail addy for pics, the chances of getting scamed seem to be less

More importantly i feel a better pole would be, should only members who have Paid for the side or donated to Rctech should be able to Start Threads in the forsale fourm's

as for the not posting pics, if you see a thread with out pics just skip over it and move on ....
I agree completely with you.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

+1

I think if you really want to sell something, it's not too much trouble to post a picture. I for one feel more comfortable buying something if somebody took the time to post pics, especially with a low or zero feedback rating. Normally I won't even buy something without seeing pics and I'm sure the majority of people are that way.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
I'm supprised that the location is not displayed with the user information.
Maybe I'm missing something...
lol like yours? jk it is something you fill in under user control panel then profile.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

I have seen a few times where guys are saying well a scammer can get a pic anywhere off the net and post it as their own,,, yes this is true, but they cant do that if a rule is implemented that says
You MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50 POSTS OR MORE IN MY BOOK!!
YOU must put down a price
YOU must write on a piece of paper your USERNAME and the word Rctech
I say both so someone cant just go to another site and find a name and pics of some seller and start that name on our site with that guys pics.. Seen that happen before.
YOU must supply a working paid for email address, no hotmail crap or yahoo ect,
If you can take my money then this shouldnt be a problem!! NONE OF THESE THINGS SHOULD BE!!
Do these 4 things and life will be so much better.
Trying to make people pay or make a donation in order to sell on the site will never happen...
Main reason is that their are kids on this site who dont have paypal, mom and dad might flip the bill for their rc toys but when the kids says well mommy i need some $ just to trade this for that then mom might just say ummm ebay!!!!!!plus if everyone had to pay just to do deals on here alot of peope would stop comming here and go to sites where it's free still. LOL
I personally say to hell with just having to post a picture, make it manditory to have the names next to the item as well so we know without a doubt that that seller has that item in their posession... And yes you can still get ripped off, thats a risk every time ya do anything online but at least this is a start to stop some of it...
All the posters saying NO to this
My question is why not try it? I see more and more I've been scammed threads pop up daily so why not try something to stop it or at least stop some of it... And before anyone posts well they should have done this or that and it wouldnt have happened stuff,, I already know all those answers but why the hell cant we try to help out our fellow members either way just because??????
OH yeah +++++++1
Old 10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

As you can see, I have a zero trader rating. I'm a stand up guy and I always come through with my commitments but It would be very hard for me to sell my stuff. (Serpent 960 for example)
I'd like to build a good rep on this forum but who would give me the opportunity? I know it's scarry to trust in strangers but if the forum moderators can collect as much information as would seem valuable, on a seller/trader before allowing them to post. Maybe the scammers will filter out because they can't or won't produce the proof of authenticity.

Rock and a hard-on I mean hard place.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

Oh and the name on paper with rctech will also help out beyond rctech too as your assured someone wont want to steal your pics with your info in them knowing if they post it on another site, anyone can come back here and look you up to make sure its you selling it..
Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, prices and pictures should be added to your post.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
lol like yours? jk it is something you fill in under user control panel then profile.
Yuppp...

I noticed that too. I'll be fixing that.
This makes my point about making it mandatory just like username.
This way it won't be overlooked just like I did.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
Oh and the name on paper with rctech will also help out beyond rctech too as your assured someone wont want to steal your pics with your info in them knowing if they post it on another site, anyone can come back here and look you up to make sure its you selling it..
+1, good idea with the name and rctech in the required pic. Easy enough to do.....see no excuses.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Absoulutely Pics should be there. If i dont see pics i move on to the next add
Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

+1
Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mandatory pics is a good idea but I don't think it will stop losers from scamming .

At least if they E mail you the pics they could put the potential buyers name on a card so you know they actually have the item.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Looks like I'm in the minority.... I say "NO".

My reasons being:

I AM LAZY!!!
LoL...we get you boi.

You don't have to pointed out that you do

*j/k*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.