Crc 3.2R for sale

Old 09-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Crc 3.2R for sale

I had a brief run in 1/12 cars, but am going to be sticking with 1/10 sedans.

What I have for sale:
Crc 3.2R car w/durashock upgrade
Side spring set
4 pair Jaco prism pink rear, 1 pair Jaco prism purple front
Futaba 9650 servo, needs new gear set and new case.
Screw set

Looking to get $100 shipped +3% paypal fee for the whole deal. Paypal only, lower 48 in the US only for shipping.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

bump. someone must want this.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

bump
Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Edit

Last edited by Scottrik; 09-30-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Just a heads-up--the chassis you have pictured is not a 3.2R. It is not at all uncommon for folks to have earlier chassis listed as 3.2R's because (usually) they were told it was a 3.2R when THEY bought it. Unfortunate misinformation, not any sort of attempt to be dishonest.

The way to tell a 3.2R from the earlier cars visually is that ALL 3.2R's had 3 holes around the front "diamond" cutout for mounting a transponder which puts a countersunk hole dead center at the very front of the chassis. Also the 3.2R's main chassis plate "side wings" taper to a rounded point around the standoff that supports the cross brace where the chassis pictured is still "squared off" at the back of those wings.

Not visual but easily measured, a 3.2R chassis will be right around 2.5mm thick which is, performance-wise, the biggest difference. You will find that your chassis is somewhere between 2.15 and 2.2mm thick if memory serves.

Doesn't look like the rear shock is a Dura-shock but hard to tell from your pic. If it has a threaded-in black cap to secure the guts it is a Dura-shock(edge of black cap should be visible in photo), if it uses the white plastic star in a cut ridge inside the end of the shock body to secure the guts it is not. BTW--the Dura-Shock was not an "upgrade" on the 3.2R, it was the first CRC chassis to come with a Dura-Shock (red) in the kit.

The chassis shown DOES have the newer Associated upper arm mounts and straight hinge pins that started in the 3.2R and has the "big foot" battery strap anchors.

My guess is it MIGHT be a 3.2R that needed it's chassis plate replaced and someone put the thin older plate on (to check this, measure the lower rear pod plate (not the upper). If it is the same thickness as the chassis within a couple hundredths this was probably not the case. If the pod plate is about 2.5 this is probably what happened--and the pod plate should be replaced with an older piece so ride height and droop can be set accurately.

More likely guess is it's some version (likely later version) of 3.1 that has had the newer upper arm mounts and battery strap anchors installed.

Sorry, but hopefully this keeps someone from disappointment and you from having to deal with that.
Thanks for trying to help, but according to your description, it definatly is a 3.2R. The chassis plate is 2.5mm thick, it does have the three holes around the front diamond. The ends of the side wings are rounded as well. It is a Durashock, I know, because I purchased and installed that myself and the instructions for it are also included in the package. If you notice, the older style shock is also included.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimV
Thanks for trying to help, but according to your description, it definatly is a 3.2R. The chassis plate is 2.5mm thick, it does have the three holes around the front diamond. The ends of the side wings are rounded as well. It is a Durashock, I know, because I purchased and installed that myself and the instructions for it are also included in the package. If you notice, the older style shock is also included.
In which case, please accept my sincere appology. I even downloaded the pic and blew it up and couldn't see the holes, etc, but it's a fairly low-res pic against a dark background. I've been on the receiving end of the disappointment and seen others similarly disappointed buying 3.2R's that "weren't". Sounds like there's no doubt, yours is.

Potential buyers--the 3.2R is probably my favorite all-time car. I keep trying this or that to replace them but I keep coming back to these. They work DARN well, respond to minor tuning and tweaks, and are darn competitive with anything out there. This looks like a fine example at an extraordinary price that will serve someone VERY well.