Wiki Posts
Search

RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)
Default RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately

I have a RB Concept C6 BBT7 (turbo plug) nitro motor for sale. I have kept a diligent record of how much fuel this engine has been through and it's seen just shy of a gallon since I bought it new. I have cut back quite a bit on my nitro racing lately and I'd prefer to keep my O.S. Speed motor over this one. The engine has TKO ceramic bearings installed, front and rear. Anyone looking for one of these new knows they're about $400. I'm asking $240 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Separately, I'm selling a RB Concept L2G magnesium head that was also used on the C6 and will work on other RB motors. They're $124.99 new from Amain. I'm asking $70 shipped to the lower 48.

If someone would like to buy the engine with the magnesium head together, I'll let them go as a set for $300 shipped to the lower 48.
Attached Thumbnails RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately-mar1808-006.jpg   RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately-mar1808-007.jpg   RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately-mar1808-008.jpg   RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately-mar1808-009.jpg   RB Concept C6 BBT7 for sale & L2G magnesium head separately-mar1808-010.jpg  

Last edited by jaylude22; 03-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

ANY TRADES POSSIBLE. JUST THOUGHT I'D ASK
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can't think of anything I'd like to trade for at the moment, but shoot.... What have you got?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

THIS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212742
OR
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212752
Old 03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm gonna have to pass. I have a 2wd buggy I need to sell soon myself and the only radio I'd be interested in trading for would be a 3pk with Fasst system. Thanks for the offer though
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm seriously interested in this motor. But I've got a couple/few questions...

Has it given you any trouble at all? Hard starts, won't idle, random flameouts?

How's the pinch?

Why is the carb set-screw covered in sealer? I mean I know what the function of that stuff is, but were you having any issues that lead you to believe you needed to seal the carb? Usually I only see sealer when someone is trying to figure out why they are blowing plugs and looking for a source of an airleak....

Who changed out the bearings? What tool did they use to replace the bearing?

Do you guarentee that it runs flawlessly as you sell it right now?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've bought a couple used motors that looked great on the outside, but had been over-heated an had lost almost all compression....
Old 03-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jaylude22
I'm gonna have to pass. I have a 2wd buggy I need to sell soon myself and the only radio I'd be interested in trading for would be a 3pk with Fasst system. Thanks for the offer though
no problem. just thought i'd ask.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

This engine is a good performer and runs reliably. Pinch/compression is great. With flywheel mounted, I can set the piston at TDC while it holds the engine in a horizontal position. It will stay in that position until you add extra effort to move it from that position. Hopefully that description makes sense. I covered the carb's set screw in sealer as a precaution, not as a fix. So to answer your question, no, I didn't use the sealer to prevent random flameouts or difficulty in starting because the engine isn't having those problems. I replaced the bearings, as I have many times in engines I've owned over the years. I use the Ofna bearing puller kit as it helps make the job quite effortless and quick. The engine is running flawlessly now and there's no reason why it shouldn't do the same for the next owner. I've disassembled the engine and gone through it thoroughly to make sure there's nothing wrong and feel very comfortable in saying that it's in good working order. I hope this answers your questions.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the thorough response!

I'll take it the engine! PM sent...

Originally Posted by jaylude22
This engine is a good performer and runs reliably. Pinch/compression is great. With flywheel mounted, I can set the piston at TDC while it holds the engine in a horizontal position. It will stay in that position until you add extra effort to move it from that position. Hopefully that description makes sense. I covered the carb's set screw in sealer as a precaution, not as a fix. So to answer your question, no, I didn't use the sealer to prevent random flameouts or difficulty in starting because the engine isn't having those problems. I replaced the bearings, as I have many times in engines I've owned over the years. I use the Ofna bearing puller kit as it helps make the job quite effortless and quick. The engine is running flawlessly now and there's no reason why it shouldn't do the same for the next owner. I've disassembled the engine and gone through it thoroughly to make sure there's nothing wrong and feel very comfortable in saying that it's in good working order. I hope this answers your questions.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Payment sent for the motor!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Payment received, the C6 is sold. The magnesium head is still available....
Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Magnesium head SOLD.