Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi Products Closout Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RubbyT,

The Rear Axle Hubs on the XXX Buggies use two LOSA-9903(1) Sealed bearings on each side.

Informational notes:
I have adapted a part number system that adds to reference the part manufacture adopted from one of my disributors. For example, a Losi part number A-9903 will show as LOSA-9903 in my listings. Any Associated part number begins with ASC.

Any part number that you see I have added "(1)" at the end means that the original part package from the manufacturer had more that one of that part in it and I have elected to ollow them to be purchase in single quantities. This is because racers at my track often only need on replacement screw, bearing or whatever. I have four LOSA-9903(1) Sealed Bearings in stock at $1.57 each. That will be all you need to replace all bearings in both of your rear axle hubs.

One thing I would like to mention is that Team Losi sometimes only puts their special dust seal on one side of their bearings to save some munufacturing costs. It is very important when installing these bearings that one installs them to be sure that the sealed is outward in the hubs and exposed to the elements or the dirt. Otherwise they will quckly get dirt inside and not last long.

The axle spacers were designed to make sure that over-tightening the axle nut when installing wheels. The spacers make it so the center races of the hub bearings cannot be forced toward each other that this combined side thrust jamms these bearings Losi buggies only need this one rear wheel hubs, while Losi trucks also have these spacers to put between the bearings when installing the front wheels. Unless your spacers have now somehow become too short, they should still be fine. If after properly assembling your XXX Buggy rear axles with new bearing again and putting on the wheels, you cannot grab a wheel and feel there is at least a slight amount of end play in the axles, there is something wrong and the bearings are being jammed. They won't run freely or last long that way.

Did I answer all your questions?
Old 12-09-2001, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

TFR,

Yes, I do have one of those thrust bearings in stock for only $2.85 US. The problem is, Canadian customs just loves to slap duty charges to merchandise whenever I send anything up there. In fact, when I sent my Victors Super IQ and Multiplexer system up there to be serviced, modified and upgraded, they tried to add on sixty five dollars US before they would deliver it. This was rediculous because I was not selling the unit. I was getting it repaired as was clearly writted on the customs tag, so they had no right to charge me duty on it. I was told that my insurance value on the shipment was what those duty charges are based on. At first I got pissed and told them to just bring that box right back here and was told I would still have to pay an amount more to do that. I them told the to cancellel and reimburse me for the insurace and finally got the package through. I still had to go through even a whole bunch more red tape in that situation before I was through, but you get the idea.

I will still give selling it a try though, but it may be better if you buy it from Model Land Ltd. in Calgary or whoever you normally get products from. Please let me know.
Old 12-09-2001, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Kevin, when you send something to Canada, put it as "Gift", i've never had to pay any charges, neither has the receiver..
Old 12-09-2001, 04:32 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can you like just put it in a Letter or something, you can open the bag up and take out the grease or lube...I just need that actual thrust bearing and maybe if there is a instruction...

Can you give it a try, cuz i can't find A-3098 anywhere in my area...Thanx.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

AE_Racer,

I would be willing to do that for a very small and inexpensive item, but if it is a new Truck Kit or more I cannot. This is because I normally add insurance and delivery confirmation to all orders to be shipped outside the US and all order I have more than $200 into.

To not place insurance and delivery confirmation on orders leaves us with no proof that the order was even sent and no defence against credit card chargeback fraud. This is the newest plague to hit hard on companies that sell through the mail these days. The way it works is the customer makes the order by credit card and the mechant authorizes the purchase and ships it out. Once the customer gets the order, they call their credit card company and claim they never got the order. Without delivery confirmation on the package, the merchant has no way to prove it was delivered. The customer wins getting their money back while keeping the merchandise.

Pretty scary? Think it doesn't happen much? I can tell you it happens quite often to those who don't know better. It would have happened to me several time and cost me thousands of dollars this year alone if I would have let it. The way I stop it from happening to me is never send anything to anywhere that the US Postal Service doesn't allow insurance and delivery confirmation options on the package by credit card. When I get these orders usually asking for three T-Maxxes and such, my service approves there credit card purchase and all seems valid, I know better. There is one country that their people try this stunt all the time. When I send out my pre-prepared notice explaining that for those reasons as listed above, I cannot process their order without payment in advance by certified check in US funds, they dissapear.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Hi TFR,

I would be happy to help you out. I could put up a purchase button that would allow you to buy that part from me by credit card. That is best because the secure system protects both you and I. My software automatically tacks on $17.99 for shipping charges, but I will only submit a bill to your credit card for what it actually costs me. You see, no orders get billed to your credit card until I release them. At that time I can change the amount if necessary. I never actually get your credit card numbers myself unless you call in an order to me by telephone. Only them do I have to be the one the submit them to the secure server.

Wound you like to do this purchase? Let me know and I will set it up ASAP.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:49 PM
TFR
Tech Master

I've sent you a PM.

Can you send it to me, its cheap and inexpensive.

I could send you money order.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:51 PM
TFR
Tech Master

For $2.85US, Can I just like send you a $5US money order?

Won't that be easier?
Old 12-09-2001, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Yes,

I expect it won't cost more than that remaining $2.15 of that $5.00 in US funds to send that part to you. Send it out to me personally using the following address to my home. I will hold the part and send it out to you as soon as I get your check and shipping information.

Kevin Altepeter
702 S. Washington Ave.
Crookston, MN 56716-2317
Old 12-09-2001, 06:11 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Yeah

Thank you very much...
Old 12-09-2001, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

No problem TFR,

The part is set aside and awaits your check. Thanks.

Yo RubbyT,

Have you decided what you are going to do yet? Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Team Losi Closeout Sale

Starting again from the top.

I am having a closeout sale to clear my inventory of all products made from or for Team Losi models. All products to be sold at my cost or below. There will also be three of my own models with all parts, added accessories and tires listed soon.

This sale is a direct result of Team Losi selling out to Horizon Distributing. For more information, please go directly to the site pages using this link: www.krcproducts.com/team_losi/losi_closeout.htm

Thank you for your support!

Last edited by Kevin; 12-09-2001 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

ttt
Old 12-11-2001, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Hi all,

Just sold my last Team Losy Buggy kit for an unbeatable price. Lots of parts left to be sold at cost. Please check it out.

http://www.krcproducts.com/team_losi/losi_closeout.htm

Last edited by Kevin; 12-11-2001 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2001, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Other than the Team Losi stuff, we got alot of other things that would fit nicely under your Christmas Tree.

How about a nice Team 1 R/C Magnet Zapper? That would be a hot item for any serious racer. I got one sitting here just dying to find its way to your place! They work great. I zap my motors every time I work on them. Helps get me into the "A" main more often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.