Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
OFNA Muti-Jammin based PBS Converted truggy >

OFNA Muti-Jammin based PBS Converted truggy

OFNA Muti-Jammin based PBS Converted truggy

Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default OFNA Muti-Jammin based PBS Converted truggy

Im just finishing up a build on one that I was planning on using to bash around meeself. If one was looking for a low entry cost vehicle to just go out and get big air and burn nitro like a mofo - here's a good way to do so.

Plus - I could use the $$$ - sooooo many projects going right now I need to finish. I will build another of these someday soon...

Will come with Lexan Lid and Wheels tires - stock Mutilator parts.

$275 + shipping OBO Paypal requested

Trades for Futaba 3PK / or NEW Engines will be considered

Here's some of the upgrades and stuff Ive added.

1. Gearing - stock gearing is that of a Jammin CRT as far as final drive ratio. I think its geared for too much bottom end and lacks top. So - I put in lower gearing in the diffs to be able to keep solid bottom end, and have much more top end speed where this vehicle really needs it. I used OFNA buggy crown and pinions in the diffs and rebuilt and shimmed the diffs and filled with real silicone OIL.

2. - Front suspension - its a must to get rid of the Mutilator king pin that comes stock - at ANY cost. It breaks break breaks and breaks some more. I originated a PBS conversion using OFNA Ultra MBX front suspension parts - see pictures. There are currently two schools of doing this. Both require some mods to the stock parts. Nitrohouse [Rob Bender] used some ultra GTP arms and a conversion as well. [his is the 2nd OPTION of the two] The nitrohouse PBS conversion requires you to leave quite a bit of threads out on the pillow pall - so it has a tendancy to yank out - rendering the arm then useless. My method - pictured - reduces the likely hood of it happening. Also - the famed nitrohouse method requires the use of a 4mm upper hinge pin and drilling the shock tower and upper hinge pin holder to accomodate the Ultra GTP Upper Arm and 4mm upper hinge pin. No biggie really. Id just rather shave a few mm off the plastic upper ultra mbx arm and call it good. Stock tower holes stock upper hinge pin.

3. Center Chassis braces - mandatory to get the alum 9.5 upgraded ones - see pictures. Chassis will taco and bend rear and front center cva/ dog bones.

4. Shocks - I like the stock 9.5 shocks that come with - but the Ofna Ho Bao Hyper ST truggy shocks - and now stock on the Hyper 8 and 8.5 - are a great upgrade - and less on ebay than the Jammin Big Bore shocks I normally run on ALL my rigs. The Ho Bao big bores are LONGER stroke and way more volume. The stock truggy spring sets are near ideal as well - right out the box. I found the geometry available from the longer ho bao shocks to give substantially more down travel and ample up travel to allow chassis to bottom out under big air situations. I have them on the front of this truck, and the rears are on their way to me - on order.

5. Driveline - In the rear Ive converted bones to the stock front Universals - where they are a perfect fit. Weight reduction of driveline mass and less slop of dogbones. In the front .. I used some CVA's they are a combo of the stock OFNA CVA stub axel, and the Hyper 7 PBS cva dog bone. This combo is a couple mm shorter than the stock mutilator universals. This reduced length will allow one to screw the front pillow balls in further - giving added front PBS suspension durability. Removes slop fron dog bone solutions as well.

6. Center Driveline - turns out the custom center cva swivel ends I had made work well with the Muti Front center driveline [only] I havent found an appropriate rear bone for the swivel end just yet. I might. I have the center cva on the front of this truck. I uses cva's or universals where available for weight reduction and slop reduction. See Pics...

7. CNC Shock towers - just mad strength for bashing and crashing over the stamped alum low grade alum stockers.

8. Ball bearing center diff diff brake cam bearings - included on this rig.

If I had more $$$ to throw at this rig - I'd :

A. - King Headz engine mount with extended leg for the Jammin CRT.
B. - Use Jammin CRT Rear Center chassis brace - custom drill mount hole in chassis
C. - Ball Bearing servo saver kit
D. - CNC - Ball bearing Ackerman slider bar
E. - CNC Rear lower Hinge Pin Holder with ADJ rear toe - in.

I will finish this rig tomorrow, and sell for $275 + shipping of $20 to Cont US - so i can complete a few other projects on my plate. I will build another of these down the road a piece - I like what Ive seen while building and customizing this one. It will make a great multi purpose truck/truggy.

Last edited by SoCalTazer; 07-18-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Bedtime bump -
Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

TTT ...
Old 07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Comes with Wheels tires and body - pictures of those items to follow ...

Sorry for the confusion on that.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Update Bump
Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

paid 21 days ago and still no sign of it...NO returned PMs..
Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

bump for seller....where you at ??

Last edited by hessian18; 08-09-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by hessian18; 08-09-2007 at 06:04 PM.