Scammed????

Old 06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Scammed????

Beginning to think i have been scammed as well.Been waiting for a package to arrive for 4 days.Package was shipped supposedly "first class mail".I shipped payment 2-3 day priority.
Not much money involved here on my part,only 20 bux but what i bought was for my six y/old boy and he is/was looking forward to getting it.Anyone have experience with"first class mail"?Seller will be exposed if package not recieved here in 2 days discounting Sunday.........
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

first class is like parcel post..totally sucks you might be waiting ive seen it take 10+ days with that
Old 06-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

first class can be slow, heck I had priority take 10 days and it was only going 250 miles from where it was shipped from.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Definitely don't blame it on the seller, unless it doesn't show for another week or so. I have had stuff sent Priority last Monday and it still hasn't shown, and the parcel post sent Tuesday, I don't expect for another week or so. It is definitely the postal system. Scammed.......I doubt it.......hand in there!!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

exposed? I can tell you right now guys, the seller was me.. This guy is getting on my nerves.. You never told me you wanted it shipped priority dude.. and to spend $5 on something I already felt I was giving away was ludicris. I dont know why you are so impatient.. It took you almost a week to send the money once you said you would buy it.. so stop the whining please, and wait for the package to show up. If it doesnt show up by friday I will refund you. Jesus. some people!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default First Class is not the same as ground...

I have also had the same experience with first class.

It is a common misnomer.

I would wait for 10 business days, then contact the seller.

Take Care!

Bob
Old 06-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

I never really had an issue with first class.. I have ordered stuff from UT on a thurs and gotten package on sat.. This is why I felt it would be ok, and I didnt realize buyer would be so impatient and jump to accusing me of scamming him. Which I take GREAT offense to by the way.. and if you still think I didnt ship.. here is your proof..

Old 06-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Get real, Motohead.

Go to your post office and ask how long 1st Class Parcel takes. They will tell you 4-10 BUSINESS days. Now you've been waiting FOUR WHOLE DAYS and you're dropping the "Scammed" word?

This last month or so I've been finding that "2-3 day Priority" packages have been taking a week on average.

You're now on my "I'll eat it before I sell it too..." list.

Scottrik
Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

good thing you dont live in canada. shipping from the states takes about 2 weeks with express, sometimes longer depending on customs. and shipping is nowhere near as cheap. relax and let the postal service do its job. you shoud get concerned when the seller wont contact you or his account gets closed or something like that. and definately dont post feeler threads like this because it sheds doubt on the seller and other guys that sell alot wont sell to you because of the headache. also if you check around most scammers dont play around with $20 bucks here and there. it isnt worth their time unless it is he is selling 1000 of something for $20 each. anyway once you recieve the package i would say an public apology is in order.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

First off,
If you can read the post it was more of a question about first class mail.And that i thought i MAY have been scammed.Never brought your name up Kevin.I have always dealt with Priority and UPS.Never First Class Mail.And you yourself told me the Usps told you two to three days.That is why i started freakin out a bit.My intention here was to get some input from people on the First Class deal.I can wait,no big deal.The thing about it is that you told me 2 to 3 days Kevin.And if you felt that paying for Priority was ludicrous because you felt you were giving the items away already,why did you sell them in the first place?I do not want to get into any kind of shouting match here.I guess i should have called Usps to inquire about how long it takes them.I also think i screwed up in even bringing up the "scam"word.I should have just posted up in the general forum or somewhere about folks exp with F/c mail.I apologize for that Kevin.Been a problem around here with folks burnin people and i guess i just got a bit heated up last night.I never would have said a word about you had i known F/c mail takes so long.Once again,i look forward to getting the items and i do apologize for bringing that ungodly word up.I would think you would understand why i was a bit worried here.
And "Scottrik,
I do not care what "list" of yours you put me on.I have had good dealings with folks on here,that is all i care about.And i want to keep it that way.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plumbum
good thing you dont live in canada. shipping from the states takes about 2 weeks with express, sometimes longer depending on customs. and shipping is nowhere near as cheap. relax and let the postal service do its job. you shoud get concerned when the seller wont contact you or his account gets closed or something like that. and definately dont post feeler threads like this because it sheds doubt on the seller and other guys that sell alot wont sell to you because of the headache. also if you check around most scammers dont play around with $20 bucks here and there. it isnt worth their time unless it is he is selling 1000 of something for $20 each. anyway once you recieve the package i would say an public apology is in order.

canada......texas..........same difference
Old 06-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by motohead24
First off,
If you can read the post it was more of a question about first class mail.And that i thought i MAY have been scammed.Never brought your name up Kevin.I have always dealt with Priority and UPS.Never First Class Mail.And you yourself told me the Usps told you two to three days.That is why i started freakin out a bit.My intention here was to get some input from people on the First Class deal.I can wait,no big deal.The thing about it is that you told me 2 to 3 days Kevin.And if you felt that paying for Priority was ludicrous because you felt you were giving the items away already,why did you sell them in the first place?I do not want to get into any kind of shouting match here.I guess i should have called Usps to inquire about how long it takes them.I also think i screwed up in even bringing up the "scam"word.I should have just posted up in the general forum or somewhere about folks exp with F/c mail.I apologize for that Kevin.Been a problem around here with folks burnin people and i guess i just got a bit heated up last night.I never would have said a word about you had i known F/c mail takes so long.Once again,i look forward to getting the items and i do apologize for bringing that ungodly word up.I would think you would understand why i was a bit worried here.
And "Scottrik,
I do not care what "list" of yours you put me on.I have had good dealings with folks on here,that is all i care about.And i want to keep it that way.
I agree, maybe your best bet would have been to do a post called First Class Mail?.. and i know you didnt mention my name, but me knowing that you are referring to me makes me feel just as bad. Also, I sold the items to move them.. I converted my mini to EDM and didnt need the other stuff any longer.. and 2-3 days is what it has been in my experience.. anyone who deals with usps knows that they can, at times, be quite inconsistant.. I understand your concern, I have been in a situation where I actually was scammed on RCU.. that was a nightmare situation. The reasoning for my semi-harsh responses was the accusations of possibly being scammed..
Old 06-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kevin107
I agree, maybe your best bet would have been to do a post called First Class Mail?.. and i know you didnt mention my name, but me knowing that you are referring to me makes me feel just as bad. Also, I sold the items to move them.. I converted my mini to EDM and didnt need the other stuff any longer.. and 2-3 days is what it has been in my experience.. anyone who deals with usps knows that they can, at times, be quite inconsistant.. I understand your concern, I have been in a situation where I actually was scammed on RCU.. that was a nightmare situation. The reasoning for my semi-harsh responses was the accusations of possibly being scammed..
10-4.I do not blame you for your responses.I would have done the same.Hopefully we can continue to do buisness together.We both know we are honest folks just trying to enjoy a hobby.And the impatience part is really coming from my boy,from the day i told him we were getting the body and tires he has been watching the Mailman like a hawk and asking me where they are.LOL.You are right,i should have done a post entitled First Class Mail.I am sorry.Getting some great items from you so i really do not have room to complain about them taking a week or so to get here.I am an honest dude and i have absolutely no qualms about admitting when i screwed up and i did do that by initiating this thread in the manner i did.
Mike
Old 06-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

No harm, no foul.. Just let me know when it gets there. I have been in that same anticipation situation as your boy many times lol. This hobby can do that to you.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

I'll let ya know.Sorry for the crappy post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.