Wiki Posts
Search

Quillen MaxZap 2000SS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Quillen MaxZap 2000SS for sale

Paid $439.95 about a month ago. I've zapped maybe twenty cells with it. The unit is in like-new condition. Comes with manual and safety glasses.

Asking $250, includes shipping via Priority Mail anywhere in the U.S. Paypal or money order okay.

Trips
Old 11-25-2001, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Would just like to say, don't hestitate to deal with Trips. He is an excellent trader. My Corally C4.1 came exactly as described and very quickly. Thanks again Trips
Old 11-26-2001, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

I've put a few pictures of the zapper online:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/trips/zap.html

Thanks for the good words AE_Racer!

Trips
Old 01-31-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

back to the top... in case anyone's missed it, I still have the zapper.

Trips
Old 01-31-2002, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default maxzap

The maxzap is an AWESOME zapper. i helped build alot of them with mr. quillen and it is a solid piece of equipment. i also possibly have access to new zappers from quillen engineering if anyone is interested. if you get this zapper you wont be disappointed.

adam
Old 02-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

How often can you zap a battery with it and can you over do it and ruin the battery. Just trying to find out a little more about zappers but am interested in getting one. I read that the quillins are the best, is that true?
Old 02-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

quillens is the best. from what i understand from what mr quillen has told me, you can zap a battery as much as needed but once you zap them they really dont need it for a long time again. its VERY effective and makes a huge increase in power and capacity from a cell.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

spongebob--

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how often you can or can't zap your batteries.

I'm sure it's possible to over do it by zapping too often, but I don't think zapping is an exact science yet. There are probably folks who have amassed a lot of data from zapping a lot of cells, but I'd imagine these folks are keeping their info quiet for commercial reasons.

I typically zap my cells after six or eight race days... any more often than that and I'd be nervous.

As far as whether the Quillen is the best... I have no experience with any other zapper, so I can't compare. The Quillen seems very solidly built and has been absolutely trouble free so far.

I'm thinking I might just keep it and start taking it to the track on race days... offering zaps for a buck or two a pack might ease my financial situation somewhat if enough racers are interested.

Trips