Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA MBX-2 w/ OS .21VG

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default No side stepping

No side stepping. Deal pending. There has been conversations behind the scenes and it would be wrong to not give dude a day. I know he is at Wolcott and I expect to hear from him tomorrow. Sidestepping? Marines dont sidestep, we bust our way through!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

*sigh* That's fantastic. Anywho,....so long as you show the 2 interested parties who have posted in this thread a little respect as to the "anonymous pending individual", then all is well.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It's after 2AM and I am home from Wolcott, CT. I placed 2nd in the Monster Truck class today and have a SLICK trophy to show for it. I am the buyer of this ad and the deal has been done in the background over phone. My apologize as well for not making that more clear in my previous post. I called him shortly after posting that and we made an agreement on that day. As I am now back and proudly owning a Revo that I've been working on that just kicked some LST2, T-Maxx and other Revo's keester, I am prepared to pay the man. My request to him was only to wait one day for me to race and have that extra cabbage in my pocket in case it was needed for parts during race day.
I was preceeded by another Revo driven by a regular to the track. This was my first time driving this rig and the first time to that track. It is also the season opener for that track this year. That engine is destined for the Revo by this time next week and I have a THS pipe sitting in my box ready to see it breathe. I, as well as the seller, thank you guys for keeping it civil in the face of confusion. He did indeed have a good price and I was QUICK to jump on it personally over the phone versus in a slower method online.

Ask a guy for his number and if he's serious about selling something he'll be happy to answer your questions and solidify a deal. Keep the forums busy but if you're buying something isn't it always nice to actually TALK to the guy?

I'm going to drop another OS in that rig at a later date to start to learn the SICK speeds of a buggy in competition with guys FLYING through the track. For all those guys that helped get me into this hobby THANK YOU! I had a blast today and came home a winner.

Ray
Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wolverini
It's after 2AM and I am home from Wolcott, CT. I placed 2nd in the Monster Truck class today and have a SLICK trophy to show for it. I am the buyer of this ad and the deal has been done in the background over phone. My apologize as well for not making that more clear in my previous post. I called him shortly after posting that and we made an agreement on that day. As I am now back and proudly owning a Revo that I've been working on that just kicked some LST2, T-Maxx and other Revo's keester, I am prepared to pay the man. My request to him was only to wait one day for me to race and have that extra cabbage in my pocket in case it was needed for parts during race day.
I was preceeded by another Revo driven by a regular to the track. This was my first time driving this rig and the first time to that track. It is also the season opener for that track this year. That engine is destined for the Revo by this time next week and I have a THS pipe sitting in my box ready to see it breathe. I, as well as the seller, thank you guys for keeping it civil in the face of confusion. He did indeed have a good price and I was QUICK to jump on it personally over the phone versus in a slower method online.

Ask a guy for his number and if he's serious about selling something he'll be happy to answer your questions and solidify a deal. Keep the forums busy but if you're buying something isn't it always nice to actually TALK to the guy?

I'm going to drop another OS in that rig at a later date to start to learn the SICK speeds of a buggy in competition with guys FLYING through the track. For all those guys that helped get me into this hobby THANK YOU! I had a blast today and came home a winner.

Ray
Congratulations Ray, On all the winnings! So how was the track at Wolcott's? A buddy and I are gonna hit it up next weekend seeing that we are from Gardner, MA. Where abouts in the backwoods are you from? I like yourself have never Raced nitro. I cant wait! Are you gonna hit up RCE when they have their races? What engine are you running now? Well hopefully we will meet once again, but on a track. Goodluck.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

The track was great. See for yourself at http://www.rcuntamed.com/Opener (click the link and then take off the trailing slash)

Lester, the owner is a great guy, the track was awesome and mounds of great racers from NY to NH showed up. The backwoods I'm in is about 64 miles east of you just on this side of Newburyport. The maps shows that RCE is right in your back pocket so that'd probably be a great place for you to run locally. Wolcott is worth the 3 hour drive for me anyday though. I went to RCE a few times over the winter to run my XXX-T there but let's just say that me and the RCE don't see eye to eye. They were offered turbo heaters to heat the indoor track and they turned em down from a regular to their track. I felt like they kept the place cold on purpose to help break the plastic parts in our trucks so you'd buy parts at their LHS. I may be wrong but I think I'm right and I'd rather make my rigs a shelf queen than give money to guys like that. (Just my personal view and not something to base your decisions on bro) So as far as I'm concerned the track could go up in a puff of smoke and I'd just roll over and go back to sleep.

Yesterday I ran a 3.3R w/ an American CNC head and a bunch of RPM goodies and a set of nice servos. I beefed up the Revo in all the right places over the last couple of weeks and she was a champ on the track. I plan on hitting the swap meet up in 106raceway on the 21st and hopefully hit their season opener while I'm there. Maybe we can meet up there or some place other than RCE. They do have a nice outdoor track but I just got a bad taste in my mouth over the winter from the conditions of their indoor and the attitude I got cuz all my goodies came from ""MY"" LHS and not their store. I just made the decision that a 3 hour drive was worth more to me than funding RCE's rent. Let somebody else break their rig in the freezer they call a track and I'll go have fun and spend my money somewhere else.

I wish you the best at RCE bro but I wouldn't waste too much time looking around the races up there for me cuz I won't be there. I'll be at 106 and Wolcott instead. My LHS is owned by a VERY nice fella that I've known now for almost a year and he can have all my money he wants. I guess the oil companies get to have the rest when I pump gas.

Have a good one bro and welcome to nitro season.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Lol!! you got pm.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Geezus man, after reading your PM I can't believe that RCE is that bad. WOW!! What scumbags. That cinches it for me bro. I'll never set foot in at that track again no matter WHAT race they hold. Seriously man, if from some act of God they ever built that track up to host the RCPro series I wouldn't show up. Good talking to you man and look forward to seeing you at the swap meet/races.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I call BS on Wolverini bashing RCE. RCE is one of the only indoor dirt tracks in the northeast, and is by far the biggest. It was an abnormally cold winter, and lets see you efficiently heat a space that is like 110'x 65' with 30ft ceilings. It was not kept cold for you to break parts, it was cold because it was cold outside.

MAybe if this guy who could hardly even drive had not thrown a 3.5 brushless, into a RTR losi truck, an hit the brick walls at 30mph he would not have broken as much. The good drivers were winning with 19 turn motors. This guy is a knuckle head, and his opinion is WAAAY off base. His breakage was more a result of his inability to use his brain, than the temps. I raced in there EVERY Thursday ALL winter, and Broke 1, thats right 1 arm on my truck. He is bitter because a few guys ripped him on the forum because he buys all his gear elsewhere( which he has the right to do) but then tries to back door the owner by selling it on the forum (NOT COOL).

Long story short, come down, and generate your own opinion, and not take the word of this clown.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

I'll take the buggy if it is not sold yet. I have paypal waiting to be sent! Thanks!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

The buggy is sold. It's not about just me not liking the track and it's not about my ability to drive. It's the overall attitude just like you expressed. If you didn't buy it here kick rocks. And here's an opinion from another disgruntled shopper of their store. Don't take my word for it. Take the word of the guys that go there. If you shop their you're welcome, if you don't you get a ration of shit.
Hey, whats up? Its so funny you say that because even though I go there to race they are so fucked in all the ways you say. I had a bad experience with them a couple times one because I wanted a brushless and they didnt have it in stock so I went to Tower Hobbies and saved $70, 4 days before Xmas. So I brought it in and didnt know how to program it so I asked them how and he said " Well you didnt buy that here? Go ask Tower questions? And its BAD for the business and a bunch of shit. And your gonna have to go somewhere else for tech support and ride" I was bullshit I flipped a lid on him and told him "Not eveyone is going to buy everysingle part and thing from there and its a week before xmas and I got 2 kids so if Im gonna save $70 so be it!" I was furious I felt like pounding his head in. Hes a dirtbag and will never see eye to eye with him again. And not to mention that I had already spent about 2 grand within 1 1/2 mths before. So I might race there but my LHS is places like AMAINHOBBIES, TKOCompetition, and other online places. But I totally agree with you and others have definitely been through this. Thats the kind of place that makes you NOT want to do RCing!
By all mean, go there and make your own decision but don't come to a seller's ad talking shit on one guy that is NOT the only one who has experienced what I describe.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

I came on the thread to check out what he was selling, but couldn't ignore a post by an ignorant backwoods toothless hillbilly
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The buggy is sold. It's not about just me not liking the track and it's not about my ability to drive. It's the overall attitude just like you expressed. If you didn't buy it here kick rocks. And here's an opinion from another disgruntled shopper of their store. Don't take my word for it. Take the word of the guys that go there. If you shop their you're welcome, if you don't you get a ration of shit.

Hey, whats up? Its so funny you say that because even though I go there to race they are so fucked in all the ways you say. I had a bad experience with them a couple times one because I wanted a brushless and they didnt have it in stock so I went to Tower Hobbies and saved $70, 4 days before Xmas. So I brought it in and didnt know how to program it so I asked them how and he said " Well you didnt buy that here? Go ask Tower questions? And its BAD for the business and a bunch of shit. And your gonna have to go somewhere else for tech support and ride" I was bullshit I flipped a lid on him and told him "Not eveyone is going to buy everysingle part and thing from there and its a week before xmas and I got 2 kids so if Im gonna save $70 so be it!" I was furious I felt like pounding his head in. Hes a dirtbag and will never see eye to eye with him again. And not to mention that I had already spent about 2 grand within 1 1/2 mths before. So I might race there but my LHS is places like AMAINHOBBIES, TKOCompetition, and other online places. But I totally agree with you and others have definitely been through this. Thats the kind of place that makes you NOT want to do RCing!
By all mean, go there and make your own decision but don't come to a seller's ad talking shit on one guy that is NOT the only one who has experienced what I describe.
Wolverini,

I have to agree with XXXT Racer on this one. You weren't treated rudely because you were buying elsewhere, you were treated rudely because you were buying elsewhere and then trying to back door sell your stuff on the forum that is owned by RCE. Maybe if you had showed up with a little bit better attitude, and not a chip on your shoulder you would have had a better time.

As far as the heat issue, it had nothing to do with trying to break your parts (you did that just fine by yourself). Novak 3.5 brushless + XXXT RTR + Person who doesn't have a clue how to drive=broken parts. Todd had torpedo heaters in there for most of the winter, and it was RARELY (if ever) below 45 degrees in the track area, and the pits were always at 65 degrees plus.

Just remember, NEVER is a big word when you are driving 3-4 hours every weekend to race, especially when you are driving by 2 other tracks to do it.

And I bet TREBOR is PSYCHED that you posted his PM to you for all to see...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, kind of like buying your parts at the LHS and coming to RCTech to sell em huh. Or is it like running at your LHS and coming to RCTech to buy your parts. What was the difference. Enough said and enough of the thread. Have a good one all.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Man, you gents need to chill

Whoa, dude stated an opinion, his opinion. If you don't like his opinion, it's just that, his OPINION. You guys took it way too personal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.