Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis

I'm selling this truggy only beacause I cannot run it any more. I race for Team Kyosho America and have to run the ST-R in it's original form.

I built this truggy before the ST-R was released back in February specifically for the Dirt Nitro Challenge. I started out with a 777SP1 kit, added X1CRT suspension arms, axles, Titanium turnbuckles, Lightning 10/43 ring & pinion gears and a 50T spur. I also made some custom Carbon torque rods to replace the stock ones and upper lateral ones and fabricated a top plate above the center diff from carbon fiber to brace them. The MSR chassis is slightly longer than the ST-R's . . . about 10mm. However, compared to the X1CRT, It has more weight forward, like the SP1 to SP2. This makes the truck out-steer the Jammin's.

I raced it in two races - first at Hemet, CA for the 2006 Nitro Challenge and 2nd at Peel-It Raceway for their 1st Annual Indoor Challenge(NWCT Race #1).
At Hemet, I qualified in the C-Main, 6th(i think) out of 135 entries...Bumped up to the B-Main and was fighting with Jay Halsey and Taylor James for the bump spots . . I should have made it to the A, but that's annother story(totally MY FAULT)
Second at Peel-It Raceway...I TQ'd 2 of 3 rounds and had overall TQ...and in the main, I lapped the field 2 times in 30 minutes. This race wasn't as big as Hemet, olny had 35-40 trucks.

I wanted to keep it and make it a project truck - maybe put in a thumper(4 stroke) or twin small blocks (12, 15 or 18) . . . but it's a full blown racing truck...

When the ST-R came out, I replaced the suspension parts with Kosho - upper & lower arms, front & rear universals, front & rear shock towers and body mounts . . .and have ran it 3 tanks since then. The chassis is still in great shape - not tweaked of no major dings or scrathes in it.

I will separate the truck if you are not interested in everything on it - like motor(just broke in - total of 13 tanks on it), exhaust, servos (AIR 94357 for steering and AIR 94757 Digital for throttle), or the PT.

List of option partsI had to purchase in addition to the kit of $450:
$70 - Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles - all except for front upper arms
$60(fronts) - ST-R length shocks
$55 - ST-R Suspension Arms
$75 - Vantage Carbon Fiber Pipe - Torque Model
$25 - K Factory 1-pc Engine Mount (top outside fin is broke on one end)
$22 - ST-R Gas Tank - 150cc
$350 - Novarossi 528X .28 Engine - Like New and POWERFUL !
$90 - AMB Personal Transponder
$120 Ea - Airtronics Servos - 94357 & 94757
$80 - Lightning Gears - Ring, Pinion, Center
$75 ea - Racers Edge Aluminum Front Steering Knuckles and Rear Hubs
$60 - Racers Edge Rear Aluminum Toe Blocks
$60 ea - ST-R Shock Towers
$6 - ST-R Body Mounts
$20 - Craddock High Temp Brakes
$25 - Ofna 1400 NiMh Rx Pack
Custom Carbon Rod Torque Braces(streched out stock angled ones and additional upper lateral braces-to help with chassis flex, but still allow the chassis to flex laterally, which is good)
I also have 3 or 4 sets of Wheels & Tires - All Jammin wheels with one set Lightning Tires(in pics), one or two sets of Crimefighters and one set of Panther Boa's
I will include the painted body (if you want) or I will include a new clear one.

I figure I spent over $2,000 building this truck...with all the spare parts, optional parts and extra wheels and tires

I took 2-3 weeks building this truck and it was well worth it. The chassis is very adjustable for gearing purposes - you can run a 46, 48, 50 or the 52 Spur gear - no problem.

I hate to sell it, but I can't race it and I am looking to get a quad, so this would help me out there...

Any reasonable offer, please let me know... You will NOT be dissapointed...
PM me or send me an e-mail: [email protected]

ps . . . I'll will be attending the RC Pro Series race at Canby, OR on June 23-25th - I will bring it with me(if I still have it)
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis-trug-1.jpg   Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis-trug-2.jpg   Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis-trug-3.jpg   Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis-trug-4.jpg   Kyosho ST-R w/28 Novarossi & MSR Chassis-trug-5.jpg  

Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Suspended

Default kyosho

HOw much for the new guy just starting out
Old 06-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

YGPM
Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

75 shipped for the transponder alone?

LMK

Corey
Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nwcorey
HOw much for the new guy just starting out
WARNING DO NOT SELL TO THE GUY HE IS A SCAMMER!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

mike has already sold this truck....just to let people know..