Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
*** Reedy X-CELL 6 Cell Packs BRAND NEW *** >

*** Reedy X-CELL 6 Cell Packs BRAND NEW ***

*** Reedy X-CELL 6 Cell Packs BRAND NEW ***

Old 12-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default REVISED OFFER

Since it appears you may try to take my money and keep it, with out sending the batteries...This is my revised offer:

You send me the batteries for FREE, and when I get them...I will Paypal you the Money as I see fit. And the price will be $35 per pack. Now hows that.

Based on your response to logical offers, and the backing of other traders I do not know, I would say you will have these batteries for a while.
Maybe next time you will not revert to name calling, or calling people crazy.

Also...profanity...threats of non-delivery...scamming...I'm sure you you want the thread killed to cover up your own embarassment.

Regards
Old 12-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reflekt
[B]"you first said they cost $80.00 then later you stated they cost $70.00 make up your mind (or lie better)"

what in the world does this mean? If i said the price was 80. and then i lowered it to 70. what does that tell u? it means i LOWERED the price. you dont get that?

and for the "^"s. have you not seen ppl do this to bring their thread up to the top of the boards? whats wrong with this? absolutely nothing.

and whats bars are used??? LOL. they were assembled with Team Orion Copper Dogbones. and the other pack with Deans Probars 2.0. whats wrong with these bars? are u so hardcore that u buy $3 battery bars or something? if u are, good for you!

#1 YES you did say they cost $80 then YOU said they cost $70 like I said go back and read then makeup your mind.

#2^ I never said there was anything wrong its just nobody responded except a couple then YOU bash us LOL,LOL,LOL.

#3 Yes witch bars you use do make a difference,you ask way to much and used cheap bars

#4 and for pre-tinning the batteries that is the WRONG way to build a pack it leaves resistance between the cheap bars you used and the batteries.

Last edited by racinraders; 12-16-2002 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

puhahahhha!

http://www.balakracing.com/convertsidebyside.htm

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articl...ld_battery.asp

GO TO THOSE SITES RACINRADERS

I followed the exact instructions from rccaraction.com's how to build a battery pack.

ARE YOU SAYING THEY ARE WRONG? by putting a little bit of solder (pre-tinning the cells) on each end??? BOY. do YOU kno how to build battery packs or what.

and get this racinraders...

in underdog's PM to me, he said he had the thought of DOUBT that i might have not PRETINNED the cells. when i did! but wait a sec, you said it's wrong to pretin the cells!? LOL.

ok, i'll leave that issue aside. cuz it's over.

next.

i said the cost was $80. YES. 80 at first. that was MY cost to you guys for the batteries. i also said in my post that they cost $70 on stormerhobbies. FROM STORMERHOBBIES.

and finally, you say that Deans Probars, Team Orion Dogbones are CRAP. LOL. then why is it that more then 60-80% of ppl use these?!? only the MOST hardcore use those expensive gold bullet connectors. what do u use? Super Hyper Infinity Battery bars??

and about me upping the thread. there's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. and as far as who started the bash at first. the ppl who posted offers on the thread first, seemed more to mock me instead of giving a viable offer. Oldmember's offer was at least more near reasonable. but ur's with 50 for both?? you KNOW that was simply MOCKING me. why in the world would i sell these for $25 each?? even any right minded person would'nt sell these for $25. they'd sell it for maybe 35, 40, 45, and etc. but 25?? that is outright mockery. and you know it. and was it me who blew the thing out of proportion and called u crazy FIRST?? NOPE. i'm not blaiming him but RacerB called u guys crazy. after he posted, i simply backed him up and agreed. why are u only attacking me?

i sell things, and try to put as much honesty as i can backed with as many pictures as i can get. if any of you have followed me with selling things, everytime i sell something, i provide NUMEROUS pictures. And if u wanted more pictures, i provided them. what is there to hide? absolutely nothing. if anyone's at fault. it's your's for not taking your own responsibility for your actions.

and to underdog, about the lathe. don't even man. we were there at the track for at least an hour or more. you looked at it. you had all the time in the world to make ur decision and see if u would wanna do the deal. you scrutinized the lathe to the maximum. so for you to say something like, "the bearings weren't good" or something right now, way after that deal was done. thats inconsiderable. you held the thing in your hands and looked at it forever.

and FINALLY FINALLY. to Oldmember. i could care less about "ruining" my reputation on here. most know me to the extent they could've learned about me for however long i've been on here. there's no reason for me to Scam anyone for no reason. it's just ppl like you who stir up retarded things. with your smart ass remarks. who would like that? no one. and yeah. i'll send u those batteries. go ahead and wait for them in the mail. they shoudl be there any day now. ????

ah...this is all entertainment. i'm over it. keep the posts comin oldmember, or racinraders. or whoever. i enjoy this going back and forth rally of refute.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Reflekt

Listen, I am just having fun with you now. No hard feelings. Whenever someone posts...make an offer...I will. Sometimes people sell, sometimes people get mad, but it really is no big deal. It is probably because I work in the car business, and I like to wheel and deal a little bit. You have to understand, I don't get emotional, and I don't take anything personally. The car business kind of makes you emotionally cold. But anyway....hopefully you sell the batteries, and believe it not, I may be interested in them once I nail down getting a new car set-up in order. I have been involved with racing on and off in RC since 1986-1987.

As far as the soldering business goes.... I'm sure your batts are set-up right. The pre-tinning is the only way to get a good joint. Really, the best connectors would be made of pure silver...silever has the best electrical conductivity of ALL metals...Yes...better than gold or copper. Gold is used so much because nothing reacts with gold and it does not tarnish.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy yes I am at fault

I am sorry that i made the remark of craziness but like oldmember I was also having fun but I guess the way I wrote it it came across as an attack and for that I am truly sorry to all because chances are I ruined a potential sale...I do not want to be known as a bad guy here on this forum as I am new to the hobby and should just keep my big mouth (or in this case fingers) shut..If I didn't just buy a new schuie I would have bought these batteries and I woulda dealed to get the best price the same as the rest of you....
Please accept my apoligies (and poor spelling) everyone as I take the blame for almost everything that was said

Blain
Old 12-17-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

In your PM you said you wanted this to die, I guess you really don't.

You're right, I had plenty of chance to look at the lathe. I, and my friends at the track, thought it had more use than you stated, but you said you really needed a charger and PS so I went ahead with the trade because you seemed like a nice kid. Remember I asked you why you didn't just keep the charger you were using and you replied that you had already sold it to someone? I was trying to get out of the deal gracefully. I felt really stupid when I saw 3 days later that you had it for sale on ebay and this site trying to make a hefty profit. One thing I didn't do at the track was run the lathe. Had I, I would have never gone through with the trade. When I finally did run the lathe at home, a terrible grinding noise came out. I replaced the motor and still grinding. I went to the LHS and bought some new bearings and put them in the lathe and the grinding went away. Did I post negative comments in the feedback forum? No, because it was my fault. I had the opportunity to run the lathe and I didn't. Was it right that you stated the lathe as new condition, only 1 month old, and only about 10 to 15 cuts on it? NO! When you posted the well used charger and PS that I traded to you on the forums as practically new and stating you had only used them once, did I post saying that you were lying? NO! I admit they were in great shape, but practically new, yeah right!!

When I saw you post these cells for sale, did I post that your soldering skills were terrible? NO! Remember your cells at the track with the terrible solder joints. I gave you advice on how to properly solder the cells, what type of iron you should get, and how there is lots of information on the internet on how to solder packs to try to help you out. At least you listened to that.

In your PM you stated that it is the buyer's responsibility to find out if the soldering job is good. But, you forgot to mention that it is the seller's responsibility to accurately represent items that are for sale. You have proven to me that you have a habit of exaggerating the quality and value of your items for sale. You told me that the solder joints are flawless, but I know that you don't have enough experience to know what a flawless solder joint is.

In your previous post you state, "i sell things, and try to put as much honesty as i can...", but inflating the quality of items and stating jacked up new prices is not being honest, it is lying. In your PM to me you admitted jacking up the price too high and that you only paid $65 a pack for these cells, so why did you say they cost $80 new? I replied to your PM with a PM because you didn't want this thread to continue, but then you post here bashing me about items in my PM to you.

Like I said in my PM, what you do on this site reflects on you as a person.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by underdog
In your PM you said you wanted this to die, I guess you really don't.

You're right, I had plenty of chance to look at the lathe. I, and my friends at the track, thought it had more use than you stated, but you said you really needed a charger and PS so I went ahead with the trade because you seemed like a nice kid. Remember I asked you why you didn't just keep the charger you were using and you replied that you had already sold it to someone? I was trying to get out of the deal gracefully. I felt really stupid when I saw 3 days later that you had it for sale on ebay and this site trying to make a hefty profit. One thing I didn't do at the track was run the lathe. Had I, I would have never gone through with the trade. When I finally did run the lathe at home, a terrible grinding noise came out. I replaced the motor and still grinding. I went to the LHS and bought some new bearings and put them in the lathe and the grinding went away. Did I post negative comments in the feedback forum? No, because it was my fault. I had the opportunity to run the lathe and I didn't. Was it right that you stated the lathe as new condition, only 1 month old, and only about 10 to 15 cuts on it? NO! When you posted the well used charger and PS that I traded to you on the forums as practically new and stating you had only used them once, did I post saying that you were lying? NO! I admit they were in great shape, but practically new, yeah right!!

When I saw you post these cells for sale, did I post that your soldering skills were terrible? NO! Remember your cells at the track with the terrible solder joints. I gave you advice on how to properly solder the cells, what type of iron you should get, and how there is lots of information on the internet on how to solder packs to try to help you out. At least you listened to that.

In your PM you stated that it is the buyer's responsibility to find out if the soldering job is good. But, you forgot to mention that it is the seller's responsibility to accurately represent items that are for sale. You have proven to me that you have a habit of exaggerating the quality and value of your items for sale. You told me that the solder joints are flawless, but I know that you don't have enough experience to know what a flawless solder joint is.

In your previous post you state, "i sell things, and try to put as much honesty as i can...", but inflating the quality of items and stating jacked up new prices is not being honest, it is lying. In your PM to me you admitted jacking up the price too high and that you only paid $65 a pack for these cells, so why did you say they cost $80 new? I replied to your PM with a PM because you didn't want this thread to continue, but then you post here bashing me about items in my PM to you.

Like I said in my PM, what you do on this site reflects on you as a person.

To start it off. The whole lathe issue is nothing. In my eyes, and up to my experience, and what i myself believed, the lathe was in perfect condition EXACTLY as i had told you. TO ME, it worked perfectly the times i used it. I can't blame it on my low experience with the hobby for not knowing that a ,very small mind you,rattling noise was a bad thing. Especially since it started to do that ever since i got it. but it is YOUR fault, for however long you've been in the hobby (and God knows for probably very long), for not trying out the lathe. I took the initiative to try out the charger and power supply. I EVEN ASKED YOU if u wanted to try out the lathe. you didnt even think about it. you urself didnt even suggest it. YOU EVEN SAW ME CHARGING MY 4 CELL BATTERY PACK FOR YOU. so that YOU could try out the lathe. and whatever if u dont believe me or not, it WAS used ONLY 10-15 times. and about me selling your charger? i didnt like it after i got it. i initially wanted a Novak Millenium Pro and i even told u that at the track. I sold my old charger (the piece of junk MRC Superbrain 959) to get a new one. but after i got your charger, i felt like i wanted to get a millenium pro. i figured if i sold this charger, i could get some money to get a millenium pro. SO I DID. why would i go through the hassle of getting a charger from you and "try to make a hefty profit". hefty profit?? what, 5 bucks or something is a hefty profit? why would i go through the hassle to make 5 bucks?? i wouldn't and didn't. i sold it soley to get a better charger (milleniium pro) which i did. and when i said the millenium was near new and used once, i was right! it WAS near new, AND i had only used it ONCE, to turn on and take pictures of it turned on! that was the ONLY use i had of it. and as usual, i took numerous pictures of the charger. is there anything to hide? NOPE. i took pictures from all angles, and ETC. ppl can see what they're getting and not feel shady about it. have you ever bought something on Ebay where you had no picture to look at? I haven't. Unless the person has a 1500 feedback rating with very very few negatives, i might trust them. but usually, a picture is worth a thousand words. the whole lathe deal was all on you. You think i went into the deal KNOWING you would just do it right away? of course not. especially when you were scrutinizing it. saying things like "did you use an air compressor on this? oh yeah, cuz that gets the little particles in between stuff here on the lathe." i took my responsibility by trying out the charger and Power supply. you oddly didnt, by not trying out the lathe. now moving on.

and about the battery packs. the soldering job shown in the pictures is as good if not better than your soldering job on ur pack. i saw ur pack in hand. it was good. but it wasn't like, the best soldered pack in the world or something. you talk as if ur packs are the only ones that are great. and why are u trying to judge the soldering job on my battery packs, shown int he pictures, on just one picture? and ON a picture? you get too technical about these things... moving on.

I dont kno what a flawless solder joint is? what is there to kno at all?? lol.. all it has to have it be very shiny, have very little solder on it, and be touching flat. simple as that. what's there to kno and not kno? it's great how u say i dont have enough experience to know something liek that. hey, i admit that. cuz i kno i dont. i have what..4 months of R/C experience or something, right? oh wait, you have how many years of experience of being in R/C, but u didnt know to check and try out the lathe you bought from me? even after i asked u to try it out with the 4 cell pack i charged for you??? moving on..

about pricing and all that. this is a whole misunderstanding that u guys keep screwing up on. I specifically said that I (MYSELF) bought these batteries for $65. Not including, wiring, battery bars, shrink wrap, etc. $65 is the price I bought them at. STORMERHOBBIES, sells these batteries for $70. get that so far? ok. the price $80 was the starting price that i was selling to YOU. you get it yet? I WAS SELLING THESE BATTERIES TO YOU GUYS FOR $80. ok...? [b]THAT[b/] price of $80 was then lowered all the way down to $54.99 as a discounted price FOR YOU TO BUY FROM ME. do you get that? so HOW in the world is that lying? simply put, it isnt' in any way. it was just a MISUNDERSTANDING on your part from reading my posts.

and finally, to racerb, it's all good. and honestly speaking, i was also calling ppl crazy jokingly! w/racerb. i mean, i can't believe you guys take it sooo seriusly that i said "your crazy crazy". i mean, i didnt even say it like "your F-in crazy fool!". instead, i added the "crazy crazy" to try and make it seem like i was joking. and u guys took it sooo seriusly. i find that humourous. makes me wonder, what if i called u dumb. are u gonna flip out and go nuts?

and to Oldmember, I apologize for saying what i did. I did not expect you to be offended and take it the wrong way. emotions ran, and got ppl typing certain things to say.

and again to underdog, you're old enough to KNOW. you're old enough to take ur own responsibility. In the lathe deal, i did all my responsibilities. but u didnt. think about it. say in a hypothetical situation that we didnt even meet up at all, and that we just mailed the items to each other, what then? ppl dont get to try items out. etc. they're based soley on word right? but we met up. and that was your chance to make ur own responsible decision if you wanted to do the deal or not. so dont go back now way after the deal and try to say things. thats your own fault already. it's over. already done with.

Peace.

oh and btw, RACINRACERS. where are you??? i thought u said pretinning cells was wrong? dont u feel smart now thinking u kno how to build battery packs.

Last edited by reflekt; 12-17-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

reflekt,
Apparently your memory isn't so good. When I met you at the track, I took it upon myself as a seller to prove to you that the product I had was as stated. I plugged in the PS, hooked up the charger (showed you how), showed you the version of software in the charger, and hooked up the battery that I brought with me to show you how the charger worked. None of this was at your request or instigated by you. I took the responsibility as a seller. I am not judging your soldering skills on the picture you posted, I am judging it on the packs you had at the track and the 4-cell pack that you gave me with the lathe (remember the one that I offered to give back to you). As I stated in my PM to you, you can't tell everything about a soldering job from pictures and I even said in my PM that the picture might not have been clear and the solder job could be fine. Now I never claimed my soldering jobs were good, bad, or even mentioned them in my posts or PM, however, you said in your PM to me that your soldering on these cells was PERFECT. All I said was that you don't have enough experience to know that. I even believe that I don't have enough experience to know whether a soldering job is perfect.

On the lathe issue, I had the opportunity to try it and I didn't. I should know better. You seem like a nice guy and I took your word on the condition of the lathe. When I found out about the problem with the lathe, I didn't ask to get my things back, or for a refund. The only reason I posted in this thread was because you were bashing people for making reasonable offers when you asked for offers. Next time just say thanks, but no.

You probably are a nice guy, but seem to get carried away on these trading forums. If you want to save money and get better in the hobby, stop trying to upgrade everything you have and just drive.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Here I am

sorry I see you missed me though did I hit a soft spot good, Now YES I do feel smart thanks for askingand yes I THINK pre-tinning is not the correct way but as I have read in the last post on someone who has seen your perfect solder job I must be wrong LOL you daman mr. perfect (at least in your mine) Ok here is my offer since you do such a "PERFECT" job building these $50.00 you ship 1st your a crook I need the packs 1st LOL
Old 12-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Here I am

Originally posted by racinraders
sorry I see you missed me though did I hit a soft spot good, Now YES I do feel smart thanks for askingand yes I THINK pre-tinning is not the correct way but as I have read in the last post on someone who has seen your perfect solder job I must be wrong LOL you daman mr. perfect (at least in your mine) Ok here is my offer since you do such a "PERFECT" job building these $50.00 you ship 1st your a crook I need the packs 1st LOL
man. ur really childish.
one key word in your post. "THINK". yeah. well. you think and thought wrong. and why do you keep bringing back up things that dont even matter anymore. or are even relevant. and you call me a crook? based on what? i've done a few transactions and deals on this forum. and all went well. except for one, dealing with the lathe. which isn't and wasn't my problem. anyone else who has dealt with me, knows I dont and haven't "scammed" anyone. you want these batteries? then send $50 and i'll ship'em. dont resort to being childish. peaches.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just to clear something up. The packs that I saw at the track are not the ones he is selling here. The ones at the track were soldered up with an inferior iron. He has since purchased an appropriate iron, and read up on how to assemble packs.

I HAVE NOT SEEN THESE PACKS AND HAVE NOT POSTED COMMENTS ON THE QUALITY OF THE SOLDERING JOB ON THESE PACKS.