Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Airbrush?
Iwata
59.97%
Paashe
16.91%
Badger
14.27%
Other
10.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1254. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BCrumB4
I bought the Iwata HP-BCS. Being that this is my first brush I didn't want to spend a great deal, but also wanted to get something that I was going to be happy with. I think I paid 90 bucks for it, have painted about 10 little toy car bodies, and even have done some work on the Big car with no problems. Someone had said earlier that the gravity feeds are better for getting into tight places, I couldn’t agree more. That’s the only issue I have about the BCS is the fact that you have a jar hanging off the bottom. But if getting into tight places isn't a big deal then I'd say the BCS would be great for anything you might need.
you can get a gravity cup for that bottle feeder. it just hangs off to the left side and makes the whole unit a lil more compact.
BTW, like the avatar.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Iwata

Hi all,

where can i found IWATA products in Hong Kong ?

thank's
Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I owned 2 Badger airbrushes for years. After seeing what guys were doing with the Iwata brand I decided to switch. Wow! What a difference! I'll never use anything else.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a knock off and 2 Badger 150's and could not get faskolor to spray properly.

i purchased my Iwata eclipse HP-CS yesterday and guess what? i sprayed faskolor out the bottle without thinning for the first time.

with the exhange rate in my country it worked out to $170 more or less.

Iwata gets my vote.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thayer and Chandler Vega 2000, siphon feed, awesome action. I think Badger owns them now, but I have been using the thing for 10+ years now. awesome airbrush on a budget.

http://www.dixieart.com/Badger_Thaye..._Airbrush.html
Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea, have to go with te Iwata's myself....
pretty good...but there are alot of other ones that are good too...
the Revolotion series and Eclipse series are pretty good if your just getting into it and want the basics..
easy to clean,and repair "If" something goes wrong...
custom Microns may be some serious "Overkill" if starting out..but then will depend on the type of Jobs or "hobby" painting one will do...
i tell our students if they "Can" to put the airbrush in there hands if there able to...this way there able to find out better if it fits "Them"...sometimes you can have the Best equipment? but if it doesnt feel right for you you may not be happy....or "Comfortable" working with what ever airbrush you use...some things some may paint can take "Hours" if your not Comfortable..??..it can be a little discouraging.....
when the Mediums (paints) are properly thined for the aplication there used for almost any airbrush will yeild some killer results in the right hands....
but some will work "Easier" for some than others....
but if you can try a few in "Your Hands"....
if not
may want to be able to think about, can i get parts quickly if something "happens" to go wrong or a part breaks?
even 5 or 10 years down the road .....
what kinds of Mediums (paints) can i use with this airbrush..??
Water based? solvent based? "Both"...???
is it best for the things i will do...???
just some stuff hope it can help to find an "Airbrush" your looking for....
Old 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I am wanting to get an airbrush and get away from rattle cans. I found these two airbrushes and was wondering which one is better. The Paasche has the exposed area in the handle to easily pull back the needle to unclog it, is that enough of a feature to get the Paasche over the Iwata? I am not going to be spraying many fine lines or intricate detail, just want a good reliable gun to spray simple designs on a body.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXTXY1&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXDD41&P=K

I was also thinking of using the Parma adapter to feed right from the bottle of Faskolor, pros, cons?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXZR30&P=K

Or is this gravity fed gun better?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXTXY4&P=K

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, im looking to get into the air brushing. Any ideas on which airbrush I should start out with?? I have no expirence, but would be a good hobby to pick up.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRBMOJO
I am wanting to get an airbrush and get away from rattle cans. I found these two airbrushes and was wondering which one is better. The Paasche has the exposed area in the handle to easily pull back the needle to unclog it, is that enough of a feature to get the Paasche over the Iwata? I am not going to be spraying many fine lines or intricate detail, just want a good reliable gun to spray simple designs on a body.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXTXY1&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXDD41&P=K

I was also thinking of using the Parma adapter to feed right from the bottle of Faskolor, pros, cons?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXZR30&P=K

Or is this gravity fed gun better?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXTXY4&P=K

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Your last choice is the best, HOWEVER, I would spend about $10 more and get the Iwata HP-CS. Look @ coastairbrush.com.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SimDogRacer75
hey guys, im looking to get into the air brushing. Any ideas on which airbrush I should start out with?? I have no expirence, but would be a good hobby to pick up.
I believe in starting with something that is both considered easy to sell because of its quality, and something that you would keep for yourself should you stay with it.

With that said, the Iwata HP-CS.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I believe in starting with something that is both considered easy to sell because of its quality, and something that you would keep for yourself should you stay with it.

With that said, the Iwata HP-CS.
Ok Thanks, whats the best site to look for one. Ive already checked out tower. are there any others?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Does anyone know what needle comes with the Iwata-CS (gravity fed) brush? I would really like to give the fascolor stuff another try, but have had no succes with my pasche or the testors aztec brushes. Any help would be greatly apprciated.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default TTT

Does the HP-CS come with an air hose or is that something that you have to purchase separately? I am using my buddies Revolution CR and it sprays Faskolor without a problem, that is once you crank the airflow up to around 70psi
Old 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Does anyone know what needle comes with the Iwata-CS (gravity fed) brush? I would really like to give the fascolor stuff another try, but have had no succes with my pasche or the testors aztec brushes. Any help would be greatly apprciated.
Eclipse HP-CS? If that is the question, it comes with a .35mm setup but can be changed to .50mm also.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
Does the HP-CS come with an air hose or is that something that you have to purchase separately? I am using my buddies Revolution CR and it sprays Faskolor without a problem, that is once you crank the airflow up to around 70psi

Iwata sells hose separately. You shouldn't need 70psi to shoot Faskolor.

My Eclipse HPCS shoots solid color Faskolors at 25psi. Reduce it and you can go down to 10-15 psi, easy. All with the .35mm tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.