Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Cheap paint for 1/10th Buggy wings? >

Cheap paint for 1/10th Buggy wings?

Cheap paint for 1/10th Buggy wings?

Old 10-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Cheap paint for 1/10th Buggy wings?

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find a good answer. I race indoors and the track tends to be kind of dark so I was thinking about painting my lexan wings a bright orange or yellow. Hopefully I will be able to see my vehicles better since at times they are blending into the track and are very difficult to see. I use bright yellow wheels but some times you can't see your wheels on certain sections of the track.

I use Tamiya rattle cans for my buggy bodies but at $8 a can I was hoping to find a cheaper solution for my buggy wings especially since they are prone to breaking rather quickly.

I was wondering if something like Krylon Fusion might work well enough for a buggy wing that is going to get scratched up and broken fairly quickly.

Another idea was maybe use RIT dye but again I haven't really seen a lot about coloring wings this way either.

If anyone has some cheap suggestions that would be great.

Thanks,