Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
liquid paint mask which one is the best?? >

liquid paint mask which one is the best??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

liquid paint mask which one is the best??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)
Default liquid paint mask which one is the best??

I know Parma makes one and bob divleys which one is better?? and are you spraying it on or brushing it on?? how much you thinning it?? I have always used painters tape or the yellow sheets when doing designs on bodies. but after doing that for about 20 years it's time to try something else. Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by penguineman
I know Parma makes one and bob divleys which one is better?? and are you spraying it on or brushing it on?? how much you thinning it?? I have always used painters tape or the yellow sheets when doing designs on bodies. but after doing that for about 20 years it's time to try something else. Thanks
Tried bitty, Faskolor and RCS LM.

1. RCS
2. Bitty
3. Faskolor

RCS is the best for me, sprays awesome, peels away awesome, and not to exspensive. Bitty stinks, smells like sh*t. Works very good though. Faskolor, I don't like it allot. Works ok, but way to thick to spray out of the bottle.

I only think a RCS bottle with like 1cm extra of water and good shaking. Spraying with a spray gun with 1.5mm tip @3-4 bar. Works very good. 3 layers and you're good.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've only tried Bob Dively and Faskolor. Bob Dively is worlds better. You have to thin it down a good bit to spray it, but I don't really bother with spraying it any more. I just brush it on.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use Faskolor. Can't stand the smell of Bob Dively. I did like it back in the day when it didn't smell though... I brush mine on.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

After some advice from RCS I started spraying their mask on using a 1.5mm nozzle cheap EBay spray gun, 2 nice coats and the mask is done and dusted.

I tried 3 coats but found that the mask was so thick it was becoming tricky to cut!

I used a 10% thinned variant through a touch up gun (.8mm) but found that the final mask was unreliable.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have used the Dively, Bitty and Fasmask. The bitty I got was chucky and had to be strained to be sprayed thou it did cut nice and over all was a nice product. Dively is thinner than the other two and takes more coats, I have had more trouble with cuts healing with this product than the other two. I use Fasmask the most "I get a better deal on it" It covers good with 2 coats sprayed, cuts nice.

I would rate them like this
1. bitty (if it was not chunky)
2. fasmask
3. dively

I have not used RCS, thou there candy paint is the best I have used, if there mask is on the same level it will be hard to beat.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Bitty designs unless it's out of stock. I take a new bottle and fill it to the top with water to thin it out a little. Been the best for me so far, even though it does have a funky smell.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Bob Dively through a HVLP gun.