Wiki Posts
Search

Stretch Mask Film

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Stretch Mask Film

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to use Iwata stretch masking film on the inside of RC Car bodies instead of a liquid mask. If so was it successful?

I can't post links aparently so here is an extract from the Iwata website.

Stretchmask
Stretchmask is a multi-medium, stretchable and flexible repositionable masking film. It is especially suited to conform to curved and irregular surfaces such as motorcycle tanks, helmets and automotive shapes for painting. It is clear, thin film that cuts very easily with any brand of art knife or single-edged razor and can be effortlessly manipulated and repositioned with your artwork always in view.
artool airbrush template products stretch mask image
• Medium-tack adhesion to non-porous surfaces
• Won’t wrinkle, bleed or flutter under airbrush spray
• Won’t lift up paint when removed and/or repositioned
• Solvent proof – Can be used with water-based and solvent-based paints.
Excellent for fine artists, auto graphics painters, sign painters, hobbyists, modelers, sculptors and general airbrushers.
“Stretchmask is a product that has been needed for years in custom automotive painting. Now I can paint on motorcycle tanks like I paint on canvas.