Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Painters...your least favorite body brand to cut? >

Painters...your least favorite body brand to cut?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Painters...your least favorite body brand to cut?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Painters...your least favorite body brand to cut?

So I was cutting out this body last night with a sharp exacto but the body was thinner than I prefer....I imagine to prevent cracking for crashes so the body flexes instead of snaps... but it was such a PITA. My scored lines would not bend and allow me to pull the trimmed lines off. Instead it would tear and bend and instead of clean cut body lines it's rather ugly. Thankfully it's for my personal use but still frustrating!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Least favourite has to go to Losi/TLR, simply for the fact that they are all pre-cut. It's nice to have the edge for overspray and having somewhere to hold.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

LFR
Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any of those lightweight 1/12 scale bodies. I understand wanting the light weight, but working with that super thin lexan is a pain.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigRM
Least favourite has to go to Losi/TLR, simply for the fact that they are all pre-cut. It's nice to have the edge for overspray and having somewhere to hold.
The worst thing is the liquid mask folding around the edge, then you end up peeling that all important pinstripe off by accident "FFfffffffffaaaaarrrr***??!!!!", but yeah, some of the protoform lightweights are down right annoyning, had a run of Mp9 shells as well that were wafer thin in some areas that the blade just went right through
Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just bought 2 bitty design 200mm strikers and i thought it was just them but geeeez are they dodgy alot of defects on them and the same problem with them being so thin. On the flip side the durango dnx and dex shells are really solid and super nice to cut and paint but im only new to this so yet to experience any other brands