Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Any artist working with with matte grey/black >

Any artist working with with matte grey/black

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any artist working with with matte grey/black

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Any artist working with with matte grey/black

Looking to commission a custom matte grey/black E Revo body!

I have a few ideas in mind but looking to see if anyone has done something similar to give me some more inspiration on were to go with it.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hi
The primary way to get a matte finish is to paint the body on the inside. Next trim the windows on the out side of the body and remove the protective film leaving the windows still protected by the film. Now spray the out side of the body with a clear matte finish. When finished remove the protective film from the windows.
Hope this helps
caci623
Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Caci623
Hi
The primary way to get a matte finish is to paint the body on the inside. Next trim the windows on the out side of the body and remove the protective film leaving the windows still protected by the film. Now spray the out side of the body with a clear matte finish. When finished remove the protective film from the windows.
Hope this helps
caci623
Thank you but maybe I should of been clearer I know how it’s done, I’m after some inspirational or to find someone who’s done a few to commission mine.

But most of the work I see if bright colours/patterns etc I’m after a more dark tone as in same matte grey with gloss black highlights and blood red skull design.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Also are they any U.K. painters on forum or who someone can recommend?