First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob

Old 12-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob

I've airbrushed one other body, doing the real fire technique using shields, and it came out good. This was my first attempt at painting using liquid mask. I did a test panel to get the techniques down before I started on the body. I had also attended a class put on by the local Hobbytown. One of the guys there does some cool custom bodies.

Overall I'm happy with the results, of course I'd change a few things if I did it again, but that goes without saying. I'd really like to have a better option for shadows. I tried Fastint (hate that crap), Createx transparent grey, (not dark enough), and ended up using Fasblack thinned with Faskoat. It ended up a little heavy most everywhere. I'm just not used to the subtlety required yet. I'd like to have something a little more transparent. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, here it is, along with the happy recipient. His Christmas present.

Chevis
Attached Thumbnails First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob-beast_023.jpg   First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob-beast_014.jpg   First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob-beast_027.jpg   First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob-beast_019.jpg   First Go at Liquid Mask Paintjob-beast_018.jpg  

Old 12-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks awesome man.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

your rivet work is sick….. you've got a problem or sickness for detail. especially since you say that a first for you.

Nice job. Be very proud of that.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks y'all. The rivets were fun, I used a 10/0 brush for the white dot, then went over with black and a 5/0 brush. I probably won't spend that much time on most paintjobs, I just had the idea, knew my son would love it, and went ahead and did it. Probably 25 hours in the body. Not counting the test panel.

Anyone have any ideas for a better shadow black?

Chevis