Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Do you have to thin faskolor airbrush paint??? >

Do you have to thin faskolor airbrush paint???

Do you have to thin faskolor airbrush paint???

Old 12-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Do you have to thin faskolor airbrush paint???

Do you have to thin faskolor lexan airbrush paint??? If so, how much and with what?
Since its water- based I'm guessing you dilute with water not thinner.
Any knowledge of this would be appreciated .
Old 12-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's said you can spray Faskolor right out of the bottle and you can, but it's a tad too heavy for fine detail work because in order to do that kind of work the paint needs to be really thin for ultimate flow at low pressure.

Fasthinner is the best thing to use for thinning but water works just fine but I'd stick with distilled. Just don't overdo it. You can add 15-20 drops per bottle should be a good starting point but add a touch more if it's still too thick for fine detail work.

Last edited by the incubus; 12-24-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Double post crap!
Old 12-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I've always spayed rite out of the bottle. If I need to do a little detail work I just lower the psi.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I have used several thinners and I have found autoair 4012 to be the best by far. The only fascolors I don't reduce are fluorescents. Pearls require the most reducer, I reduce these almost 1-1.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting, I find the Fluorescents I have to thin more than any others but it's hit or miss with each bottle. Some are simply thicker than others. Generally though what I've begun to do is use a plastic syringe and place 2-3 drops of water to each cup which is generally always half full.

My question with eh fluorescents is how do you know when you have enough coverage? I tend to give 4-5 coats to ensure the color is rich enough because I'm afraid it may be too thin and the white will end up muting the color.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting, I find the Fluorescents I have to thin more than any others but it's hit or miss with each bottle. Some are simply thicker than others. Generally though what I've begun to do is use a plastic syringe and place 2-3 drops of water to each cup which is generally always half full.

My question with eh fluorescents is how do you know when you have enough coverage? I tend to give 4-5 coats to ensure the color is rich enough because I'm afraid it may be too thin and the white will end up muting the color.