Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Photoshop Template for Losi 22 sct >

Photoshop Template for Losi 22 sct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photoshop Template for Losi 22 sct

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Photoshop Template for Losi 22 sct

Hi all,

This is my first post as I am new here. My husband and son are really getting into these Losi 22 short course trucks. So much so my husband is building one for our son for Christmas. He's asked me to help with the paint job (I'm a graphic designer) but I normally work in 2D not 3D. Does anyone out there happen to have a Photoshop or Illustrator template of the Losi 22 sct so I can make a great paint job template? Appreciate any help, thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just find a picture of the body and use photoshop. No special template needed.

Each color is just a copy of the original layer in the shape of the design, then use ctrl-U and colorize to taste.

Not really a way to make a template, per say, where you can transfer the design from the computer to the body. Not very easily anyway. Most of these talented painters are just drawing the design on the outside of the body free hand. My way just lets you play with colors and designs.
Attached Thumbnails Photoshop Template for Losi 22 sct-gamascheme2.jpg  
Old 12-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks!

Thanks Billy T. Yah I've been playing around with it but since my printer prints smaller than the body, I'm just trying to get the graphic sizing and placement right (flames). I'll keep working at it.