Compresssor Thread!

Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Compresssor Thread!

I searched with keyword compressor and nothing came up. Curious as to what compressor everyone uses, pro's and cons. I am looking at a California Air tools 4610A for its lack of noise vs my current compressor and the freight harbor kit compressor I have just runs and runs and starts to get hot. Need something with a tank and thats quiet. Anyway, thought I would ask!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here's a couple of threads for you. Hope they help.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...sor-money.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ions-help.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...ompressor.html
Old 06-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WoodyRacer
I searched with keyword compressor and nothing came up. Curious as to what compressor everyone uses, pro's and cons. I am looking at a California Air tools 4610A for its lack of noise vs my current compressor and the freight harbor kit compressor I have just runs and runs and starts to get hot. Need something with a tank and thats quiet. Anyway, thought I would ask!
Im in the same boat. Pretty much wore out the one im using. I have been doing alot of research the past 2 weeks and im going with the 4610A. I think its all anyone painting bodies could ever need. Gonna pull the trigger on one in a day or so(No pun intended).
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by elex300
Im in the same boat. Pretty much wore out the one im using. I have been doing alot of research the past 2 weeks and im going with the 4610A. I think its all anyone painting bodies could ever need. Gonna pull the trigger on one in a day or so(No pun intended).

Thanks for the replies everybody. I also noticed there is a GMC Cyclone/ Syclone compressor 4610A also. Specs look the same only cheaper so not sure what the difference is. Need to research but most likely end up with the CA Airtools as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WoodyRacer
Thanks for the replies everybody. I also noticed there is a GMC Cyclone/ Syclone compressor 4610A also. Specs look the same only cheaper so not sure what the difference is. Need to research but most likely end up with the CA Airtools as well.
GMC and California Air are the same company. There is no didfference in the 2 compressors except for price.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by elex300
GMC and California Air are the same company. There is no didfference in the 2 compressors except for price.
Wow thanks. That's pretty silly then...wonder why they would do that. Although I did notice that Amazon has the CA tools with free shipping but the GMC is cheaper but you have to pay for shipping. Odd.